|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many midsized asteroids do the Wild Karre witness at Bilbringi in Chapter 12?
2. Where is the Millennium Falcon headed at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What is the purpose of the smugglers' summit in Chapter 10?
4. What planet is the ideal transport point for clones and a trap for Luke in Chapter 4?
5. Based on the strategy outlined in Chapter 11, who will go with Mara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does C'baoth overtake the planet Ukio?
2. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
3. What suggestion does Leia make at the Council meeting in Coruscant in Chapter 5?
4. Where is Mara when she is introduced, and how did she get there?
5. What suggestion does Leia make in Chapter 8 to Mara?
6. What is the difference between General Bel Iblis and Wedge during the battle in Chapter 5?
7. How are the Noghri and the planet, Honoghr, described?
8. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
9. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
10. How are Leia's twins born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
Essay Topic 3
The Noghri are an important part of the plot in The Last Command.
1) Describe the planet Honoghr, its past problems, and how they were resolved.
2) Explain what the Noghri have experienced with the Empire and how that influences the story.
3) Describe the loyalty of the Noghri to Luke and Leia and its origin.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)