|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mara at the end of Chapter 9?
2. How is it indicated that Luke does not yet have a full mastery of the Force?
3. What type of Star Destroyer is Chimaera?
4. What is the name of the tapcafe that hosts the smuggling meeting in Chapter 10?
5. Which one of the following participates in the battle at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ysalamiri and how is it used on Poderis?
2. What is the difference between General Bel Iblis and Wedge during the battle in Chapter 5?
3. How does Thrawn deal with Ferrier in Chapter 10?
4. How does Mara rescue Leia, and what is the unintended result of the event?
5. What techniques are used by Zahn to introduce the characters in the first three chapters of The Last Command?
6. Where is Mara when she is introduced, and how did she get there?
7. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
8. What is Mara's response to the Rebels' plan and how does Han counter her cynicism?
9. How does Leia become trapped at the Palace in Chapter 9?
10. What does Mara see after Leia leaves and how does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luke Skywalker is introduced while he is on the planet Calius.
1) Describe the purpose of Luke's mission on Calius.
2) Explain the significance of the meeting with Karrde on Calius and the effects of it during the remainder of the book.
3) Describe Luke's mastery of the Force, how complete it is, and the reasons behind the level of his training.
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the trap set for Luke on Poderis, the way he escapes capture twice, and how the suspense created is similar to the action sequences of the Star Wars movies. Also, discuss the significance of the planet Poderis and the reason for Luke's visit there.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)