|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast is Thrawn producing clones?
2. What is the codename for the Imperial information service?
3. How long does Thrawn give General Drost to implement the new security system after the incident at Bilbringi?
4. Who agrees to help Karrde avenge Lishma's death?
5. In what way does Mara describe her life while the Emperor was alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
2. How are the Noghri and the planet, Honoghr, described?
3. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
4. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
5. How does Thrawn deal with Ferrier in Chapter 10?
6. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
7. Where is Mara when she is introduced, and how did she get there?
8. What suggestion does Leia make in Chapter 8 to Mara?
9. What does Luke see while on Honoghr, and how does he react?
10. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three main elements of the story's end battle at Bilbringi prepare for the upcoming confrontations in unique yet similar ways.
1) Describe how Thrawn and the Empire prepare to face the Rebels and the surprising aspect of the strategy that Thrawn uses.
2) Explain the New Republic's strategy for facing the Empire, how they develop it, and which leaders are the most influential in the decisions.
3) Describe the plans of Karrde and the smugglers for the final battles between the Empire and the New Republic.
4) Analyze the similarities and differences of all three elements (the Empire, the Rebel Alliance, and the smugglers) as they approach the story's conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the meetings that the smugglers have at Chazwa and Trogan. Provide an analysis of the key characters involved, the effect of the meetings on the plot, and the events that influence the position of the smugglers in the war between the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the main elements of the leadership of the New Republic, Admiral Ackbar, General Bel Iblis, Mon Mothma, and Fey'lya. Include a background of the characters and how it relates to the present situations of the Rebel Alliance.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)