|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the battle with the smugglers in Chapter 10 cost the Empire?
2. What surface does Luke leap onto while trying to avoid being trapped in the fourth chapter?
3. What does Han resent being called by the Noghri as they plan to free Mara?
4. How does Mara refer to herself during her conversation with Leia in the eighth chapter?
5. What does the narrative indicate about Leia's return to her official duties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lando and Bel Iblis to be concerned about the Palace Security?
2. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
3. How does Thrawn deal with Ferrier in Chapter 10?
4. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
5. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
6. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
7. What dream is Mara having in Chapter 8 and how does she react to it?
8. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
9. How does Leia become trapped at the Palace in Chapter 9?
10. What is the ysalamiri and how is it used on Poderis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the break-in attempt of the Palace on Coruscant by Himron and the Imperial intruders, including the intent of their mission, all of the characters involved, how they are stopped, and the unintended consequences of Mara's actions.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
Essay Topic 3
The smugglers have two meetings at Hijarna that prove to be consequential for the Empire and the New Republic.
1) Explain the events that take place during the first meeting at Hijarna.
2) Describe Karrde's concerns during the second meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna.
3) Explain the circumstances that lead to Ferrier's death at Hijarna and how the smugglers react to it.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)