|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children is Leia planning to have?
2. What type of Star Destroyer is Chimaera?
3. What does the conversation between Leia and Mara reveal about Thrawn?
4. How does Mara appear after she wakes up from her dream about the Emperor's death?
5. What happens to Luke's freighter after he departs in the X-Wing Fighter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Mara when she is introduced, and how did she get there?
2. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
3. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
4. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
5. What promise does Mara ask Luke to make as they are entering the mountain, and how does he respond?
6. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
7. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
8. Who are Drang and Sturm, and what is their purpose in the story?
9. What is the ysalamiri and how is it used on Poderis?
10. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
Essay Topic 2
The three main elements of the story's end battle at Bilbringi prepare for the upcoming confrontations in unique yet similar ways.
1) Describe how Thrawn and the Empire prepare to face the Rebels and the surprising aspect of the strategy that Thrawn uses.
2) Explain the New Republic's strategy for facing the Empire, how they develop it, and which leaders are the most influential in the decisions.
3) Describe the plans of Karrde and the smugglers for the final battles between the Empire and the New Republic.
4) Analyze the similarities and differences of all three elements (the Empire, the Rebel Alliance, and the smugglers) as they approach the story's conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
This section contains 1,933 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)