|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chairs the council meeting in Chapter 5?
2. What is a Defel?
3. Where is the cloning headquarters that Mara recalls seeing?
4. How does Leia foresee the union of the Force and her unborn babies?
5. How does Mara refer to herself during her conversation with Leia in the eighth chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between General Bel Iblis and Wedge during the battle in Chapter 5?
2. How does C'baoth overtake the planet Ukio?
3. What does Luke see while on Honoghr, and how does he react?
4. How does Mara rescue Leia, and what is the unintended result of the event?
5. What techniques are used by Zahn to introduce the characters in the first three chapters of The Last Command?
6. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
7. How does Thrawn deal with Ferrier in Chapter 10?
8. What suggestion does Leia make in Chapter 8 to Mara?
9. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
10. What secret plan is made by Luke, Leia, and Han?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
Essay Topic 2
The three main elements of the story's end battle at Bilbringi prepare for the upcoming confrontations in unique yet similar ways.
1) Describe how Thrawn and the Empire prepare to face the Rebels and the surprising aspect of the strategy that Thrawn uses.
2) Explain the New Republic's strategy for facing the Empire, how they develop it, and which leaders are the most influential in the decisions.
3) Describe the plans of Karrde and the smugglers for the final battles between the Empire and the New Republic.
4) Analyze the similarities and differences of all three elements (the Empire, the Rebel Alliance, and the smugglers) as they approach the story's conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the break-in attempt of the Palace on Coruscant by Himron and the Imperial intruders, including the intent of their mission, all of the characters involved, how they are stopped, and the unintended consequences of Mara's actions.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)