Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aves's opinion of Luke's information about cloning?
2. What does C-baoth demand in Chapter 12?
3. How many men, led by Maj. Himron, does Thrawn prepare to invade the Imperial palace in Chapter 6?
4. What does Leia do when the guards break the lock of her suite door in Chapter 9?
5. How does C'baoth deal with the the pilots of the cloaked cruisers in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
2. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
3. How does C'baoth overtake the planet Ukio?
4. What causes Lando and Bel Iblis to be concerned about the Palace Security?
5. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
6. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
7. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
8. What is the topic of discussion for Leia and Han in the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. What secret plan is made by Luke, Leia, and Han?
10. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the meetings that the smugglers have at Chazwa and Trogan. Provide an analysis of the key characters involved, the effect of the meetings on the plot, and the events that influence the position of the smugglers in the war between the Empire and the New Republic.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)