|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mara want to contact at the end of Chapter 8?
2. During the planned escape in Chapter 13, what are the Noghri disguised as?
3. What type of smugglers are present at the meeting in the tenth chapter?
4. Which General's past and present are detailed in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 3, where is the hospital that Mara is recovering in located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
2. What sign do Luke and Mara find in Chapter 19, and how does Mara explain it?
3. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
4. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
5. How are Leia's twins born?
6. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
7. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
8. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
9. What disagreement do Fey'lya and Mon Mothma have in Chapter 20?
10. How does the Council of the New Republic learn that the reports about the Empire's secret weapon are fraudulent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
This section contains 1,952 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)