|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of smugglers are present at the meeting in the tenth chapter?
2. What is discussed at the meeting in Leia's office in Chapter 11?
3. Where is Lando's mining complex raided in Chapter 7?
4. Where is Luke in Chapter 2?
5. What happens to Mara at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major differences between Thrawn and C'baoth in Chapter 1?
2. How does Mara rescue Leia, and what is the unintended result of the event?
3. What is the topic of discussion for Leia and Han in the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
5. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
6. What causes Lando and Bel Iblis to be concerned about the Palace Security?
7. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
8. How does Leia become trapped at the Palace in Chapter 9?
9. What suggestion does Leia make in Chapter 8 to Mara?
10. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the break-in attempt of the Palace on Coruscant by Himron and the Imperial intruders, including the intent of their mission, all of the characters involved, how they are stopped, and the unintended consequences of Mara's actions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)