|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surface does Luke leap onto while trying to avoid being trapped in the fourth chapter?
2. What does Han resent being called by the Noghri as they plan to free Mara?
3. How does Admiral Ackbar respond to Leia's suggestion of purchasing information?
4. What is the purpose of the smugglers' summit in Chapter 10?
5. When does Mara discover the Imperial troops disguised as Palace Security?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
2. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
3. How does Leia become trapped at the Palace in Chapter 9?
4. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
5. How are the Noghri and the planet, Honoghr, described?
6. What suggestion does Leia make at the Council meeting in Coruscant in Chapter 5?
7. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
8. What is the difference between General Bel Iblis and Wedge during the battle in Chapter 5?
9. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
10. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the main elements of the leadership of the New Republic, Admiral Ackbar, General Bel Iblis, Mon Mothma, and Fey'lya. Include a background of the characters and how it relates to the present situations of the Rebel Alliance.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)