|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast is Thrawn producing clones?
2. What are the Solos discussing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. How does Han respond to Mara's Imperial background when Luke updates him?
4. What is Aves's opinion of Luke's information about cloning?
5. What does C-baoth demand in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
2. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
3. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
4. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
5. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
6. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
7. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
8. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
9. What suggestion does Leia make at the Council meeting in Coruscant in Chapter 5?
10. What dream is Mara having in Chapter 8 and how does she react to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zahn uses a number of literary techniques to write The Last Command.
1) Analyze three examples of foreshadowing throughout the book.
2) Explain the descriptive techniques used in three different parts of the book (example: the cloning cavern in Mt. Tantiss, the creatures on Wayland, etc.)
3) Analyze the overall tone of the book and how it changes for different events.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the meetings that the smugglers have at Chazwa and Trogan. Provide an analysis of the key characters involved, the effect of the meetings on the plot, and the events that influence the position of the smugglers in the war between the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)