Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aves's opinion of Luke's information about cloning?
2. What does C-baoth demand in Chapter 12?
3. How many men, led by Maj. Himron, does Thrawn prepare to invade the Imperial palace in Chapter 6?
4. What does Leia do when the guards break the lock of her suite door in Chapter 9?
5. How does C'baoth deal with the the pilots of the cloaked cruisers in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
2. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
3. How does C'baoth overtake the planet Ukio?
4. What causes Lando and Bel Iblis to be concerned about the Palace Security?
5. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
6. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
7. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
8. What is the topic of discussion for Leia and Han in the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. What secret plan is made by Luke, Leia, and Han?
10. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the trap set for Luke on Poderis, the way he escapes capture twice, and how the suspense created is similar to the action sequences of the Star Wars movies. Also, discuss the significance of the planet Poderis and the reason for Luke's visit there.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)