|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As seen in the Palace's Grand Corridor in Chapter 11, what part of the ch'hala trees change in response to pressure?
2. When do Karrde and Gillespee agree to meet again in Trogan?
3. How does Admiral Ackbar respond to Leia's suggestion of purchasing information?
4. Who is with Leia and Han in the Millennium Falcon as they battle the TIE fighters in Chapter 1?
5. How does Mara react to Leia's knocks on the door in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
2. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
3. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
4. How does Leia become trapped at the Palace in Chapter 9?
5. What is the difference between General Bel Iblis and Wedge during the battle in Chapter 5?
6. What is the ysalamiri and how is it used on Poderis?
7. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
8. What does Mara see after Leia leaves and how does she respond?
9. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
10. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zahn uses a number of literary techniques to write The Last Command.
1) Analyze three examples of foreshadowing throughout the book.
2) Explain the descriptive techniques used in three different parts of the book (example: the cloning cavern in Mt. Tantiss, the creatures on Wayland, etc.)
3) Analyze the overall tone of the book and how it changes for different events.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the planet Wayland and the Forest Moon of Endor. Also, describe the similarities and differences between the two missions of each setting, the characters involved, and how they respond to each of the environments.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)