|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet is the ideal transport point for clones and a trap for Luke in Chapter 4?
2. How many men, led by Maj. Himron, does Thrawn prepare to invade the Imperial palace in Chapter 6?
3. During the planned escape in Chapter 13, what are the Noghri disguised as?
4. How does C'baoth deal with the the pilots of the cloaked cruisers in Chapter 1?
5. What is the codename for the Imperial information service?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
2. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mara see after Leia leaves and how does she respond?
4. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
5. What dream is Mara having in Chapter 8 and how does she react to it?
6. What is Mara's response to the Rebels' plan and how does Han counter her cynicism?
7. How does Mara rescue Leia, and what is the unintended result of the event?
8. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
9. What is the ysalamiri and how is it used on Poderis?
10. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of the three main Imperial leaders, Thrawn, C'baoth, and Pellaeon. Use the book to provide specific examples of how their tactical approaches differ and change throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)