|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke fly to Honoghr?
2. What is the one thing that unites all non-Imperials?
3. How does Mara refer to herself during her conversation with Leia in the eighth chapter?
4. What planet is the Millennium Falcon near when it runs into TIE fighters in Chapter 1?
5. What mission does Mara tell Leia she is on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
2. What is the difference between General Bel Iblis and Wedge during the battle in Chapter 5?
3. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
4. How does Thrawn deal with Ferrier in Chapter 10?
5. How are the Noghri and the planet, Honoghr, described?
6. What dream is Mara having in Chapter 8 and how does she react to it?
7. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
8. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
9. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
10. What suggestion does Leia make at the Council meeting in Coruscant in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
Essay Topic 2
Luke and Mara have very different pasts with the Empire.
1) Explain Mara's past and how her experiences with the Emperor have preconditioned her to struggle with an internal conflict.
2) Describe Luke's past dealings with the Emperor and how they help Mara work through her confusion.
3) Analyze the differences between Luke and Mara as well as their similarities in their outlook on the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Luke Skywalker is introduced while he is on the planet Calius.
1) Describe the purpose of Luke's mission on Calius.
2) Explain the significance of the meeting with Karrde on Calius and the effects of it during the remainder of the book.
3) Describe Luke's mastery of the Force, how complete it is, and the reasons behind the level of his training.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)