Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aves's opinion of Luke's information about cloning?
2. What does C-baoth demand in Chapter 12?
3. How many men, led by Maj. Himron, does Thrawn prepare to invade the Imperial palace in Chapter 6?
4. What does Leia do when the guards break the lock of her suite door in Chapter 9?
5. How does C'baoth deal with the the pilots of the cloaked cruisers in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
2. What important conversation do Luke and Mara have in Chapter 16?
3. How does C'baoth overtake the planet Ukio?
4. What causes Lando and Bel Iblis to be concerned about the Palace Security?
5. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
6. How is Luke's clone, Luuke, developed?
7. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
8. What is the topic of discussion for Leia and Han in the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. What secret plan is made by Luke, Leia, and Han?
10. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
With The Last Command, Timothy Zahn introduces and develops a story around a mixture of familiar and new characters in a thematic writing style.
1) Describe the introduction of the main characters in the book, including the difference between how Zahn chooses to develop the characters from the Star Wars movies and the new characters.
2) Explain how Zahn's writing style compares to a screenplay and the possible reasons for his choice to write the novel this way.
3) Analyze three examples of how Zahn references the Star Wars films, what the references add to the story, and if the familiarity of the films is a reasonable necessity for the reader.
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)