|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Col. Bremen?
2. What is a Defel?
3. In general, what do most of the smugglers at the meeting care about?
4. How long does Thrawn give General Drost to implement the new security system after the incident at Bilbringi?
5. What is the one thing that unites all non-Imperials?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major differences between Thrawn and C'baoth in Chapter 1?
2. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
3. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
4. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
5. Where is Mara when she is introduced, and how did she get there?
6. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
7. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
8. What does Luke see while on Honoghr, and how does he react?
9. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
10. What does Mara see after Leia leaves and how does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the meetings that the smugglers have at Chazwa and Trogan. Provide an analysis of the key characters involved, the effect of the meetings on the plot, and the events that influence the position of the smugglers in the war between the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the battle at Bilbringi between the Empire and the New Republic. Include analysis of how Thrawn uses the element of surprise to gain an advantage, the actions of the Rebel Alliance and the smugglers, Thrawn's eventual demise, and the effects it has on the Empire.
Essay Topic 3
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)