|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Karrde and Gillespee meet in Chapter 6?
2. What does the conversation between Leia and Mara reveal about Thrawn?
3. What has the battle with the smugglers in Chapter 10 cost the Empire?
4. What has C'baoth declared himself?
5. How does Mara refer to herself during her conversation with Leia in the eighth chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ysalamiri and how is it used on Poderis?
2. What is Leia's dream in the beginning of Chapter 14, and how does she respond to it?
3. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
4. How does the meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna depict the doubts of the smugglers in Chapter 15?
5. How is C'baoth destroyed?
6. Where is Mara when she is introduced, and how did she get there?
7. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
8. What techniques are used by Zahn to introduce the characters in the first three chapters of The Last Command?
9. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
10. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of the three main Imperial leaders, Thrawn, C'baoth, and Pellaeon. Use the book to provide specific examples of how their tactical approaches differ and change throughout the story.
This section contains 2,029 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)