|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has C'baoth declared himself?
2. Which General's past and present are detailed in Chapter 5?
3. How does Mara react to Leia's knocks on the door in Chapter 8?
4. What planet are the cloak cruisers above when they encounter C'baoth?
5. How is Luke's alliance with Mara Jade mentioned in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
2. How are Leia's twins born?
3. What techniques are used by Zahn to introduce the characters in the first three chapters of The Last Command?
4. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
5. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
6. How does Thrawn deal with Ferrier in Chapter 10?
7. What is Mara's response to the Rebels' plan and how does Han counter her cynicism?
8. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
9. What is the difference between General Bel Iblis and Wedge during the battle in Chapter 5?
10. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the writing style of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of the twins, how Leia's Jedi training helps her, and what she senses for the future of her babies. Include Han's reaction to the birth and the possible impact the twins could have on Leia' s responsibility to the New Republic Council.
Essay Topic 2
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
Luke and Mara have very different pasts with the Empire.
1) Explain Mara's past and how her experiences with the Emperor have preconditioned her to struggle with an internal conflict.
2) Describe Luke's past dealings with the Emperor and how they help Mara work through her confusion.
3) Analyze the differences between Luke and Mara as well as their similarities in their outlook on the Empire and the New Republic.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)