|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Luke's alliance with Mara Jade mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. What has C'baoth declared himself?
3. Which one of the following participates in the battle at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Based on the strategy outlined in Chapter 11, who will go with Mara?
5. In general, what do most of the smugglers at the meeting care about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
2. What suggestion does Leia make in Chapter 8 to Mara?
3. What causes Lando and Bel Iblis to be concerned about the Palace Security?
4. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
5. What secret plan is made by Luke, Leia, and Han?
6. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
7. What is the topic of discussion for Leia and Han in the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. How does Thrawn deal with Ferrier in Chapter 10?
9. What does Mara see after Leia leaves and how does she respond?
10. What is Mara's response to the Rebels' plan and how does Han counter her cynicism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luke and Mara have very different pasts with the Empire.
1) Explain Mara's past and how her experiences with the Emperor have preconditioned her to struggle with an internal conflict.
2) Describe Luke's past dealings with the Emperor and how they help Mara work through her confusion.
3) Analyze the differences between Luke and Mara as well as their similarities in their outlook on the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout The Last Command, Luke and Leia both have visions about the Force and future events. Analyze the examples of Luke and Leia's connection with the Force and how it is portrayed in the novel. Also, include the differences in the way that Luke senses things and Leia's visions in the story.
Essay Topic 3
The smugglers have two meetings at Hijarna that prove to be consequential for the Empire and the New Republic.
1) Explain the events that take place during the first meeting at Hijarna.
2) Describe Karrde's concerns during the second meeting of the smugglers at Hijarna.
3) Explain the circumstances that lead to Ferrier's death at Hijarna and how the smugglers react to it.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)