|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Winter researching the archives in Chapter 8?
2. Who uses the ysalamiri harness in Chapter 4?
3. How many men, led by Maj. Himron, does Thrawn prepare to invade the Imperial palace in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Winter?
5. Who is with Leia and Han in the Millennium Falcon as they battle the TIE fighters in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Noghri and the planet, Honoghr, described?
2. What dream is Mara having in Chapter 8 and how does she react to it?
3. How does C'baoth overtake the planet Ukio?
4. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
5. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
6. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
7. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
8. What secret plan is made by Luke, Leia, and Han?
9. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
10. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
Essay Topic 3
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)