|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men, led by Maj. Himron, does Thrawn prepare to invade the Imperial palace in Chapter 6?
2. What state is Mara in as she dreams about the Emperor's death?
3. Why does Mara follow Himron's commandos in Chapter 9?
4. What are the Solos discussing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Who is Col. Bremen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of discussion for Leia and Han in the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What is Mara's response to the Rebels' plan and how does Han counter her cynicism?
3. How are the Noghri and the planet, Honoghr, described?
4. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
5. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
6. What causes Lando and Bel Iblis to be concerned about the Palace Security?
7. How are C'baoth and Thrawn divided in Chapter 12?
8. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
9. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
10. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the meetings that the smugglers have at Chazwa and Trogan. Provide an analysis of the key characters involved, the effect of the meetings on the plot, and the events that influence the position of the smugglers in the war between the Empire and the New Republic.
Essay Topic 3
The Imperial "hit and fade" operation causes major problems for the New Republic and the city of Coruscant.
1) Describe Thrawn's hit and fade operation in detail along with how it is executed.
2) Explain the Rebel's attempts to stop Thrawn from launching the hit and fade operation on Coruscant.
3) Describe the methods that the New Republic uses to locate and capture the cloaked asteroids released by Thrawn.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)