|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which General's past and present are detailed in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Winter?
3. In Chapter 3, where is the hospital that Mara is recovering in located?
4. How many men are outside Leia's door as she awakens from a mental warning?
5. How does Mara appear after she wakes up from her dream about the Emperor's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mara, Bel Iblis, and Lando deal with the intruders at the Palace?
2. What are the major differences between Thrawn and C'baoth in Chapter 1?
3. What arrangement does Luke work out with Talon Karrde?
4. What suggestion does Leia make at the Council meeting in Coruscant in Chapter 5?
5. What is significant about the mission Leia is on in Chapter 1, and what are her concerns?
6. What is the topic of discussion for Leia and Han in the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What happens in Chapter 12 when the Wild Karrde arrives at the Imperial Shipyards at Bilbringi?
8. What is the purpose of Luke's mission on the planet Calius?
9. How are Leia's twins born?
10. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The confrontation at Mt. Tantiss is an important part of the epic finale to The Last Command.
1) Describe how the Rebels enter the mountain and the importance of Mara's memory in their plan.
2) Explain how C'baoth is imprisoned and released and his use of the ysalamiri.
3) Describe the development of Luke's clone, Luuke, the battle between Luke and his clone, and how Mara breaks free from the Emperor.
4) Explain Luke's offers to C'baoth, why C'baoth must keep Luke and Mara alive, and C'baoth's death.
5) Analyze the effects of the battle for Luke and Mara, Luke's gift to Mara, and what their future is in the New Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Luke Skywalker is introduced while he is on the planet Calius.
1) Describe the purpose of Luke's mission on Calius.
2) Explain the significance of the meeting with Karrde on Calius and the effects of it during the remainder of the book.
3) Describe Luke's mastery of the Force, how complete it is, and the reasons behind the level of his training.
Essay Topic 3
Thrawn uses a certain degree of restraint when dealing with the failures of those he associates with.
1) Describe the way Thrawn reacts to the raid at Trogan.
2) Explain how Thrawn handles the initial events at Bilbringi.
3) Analyze the differences in Thrawn's approach to failures with Darth Vader and the Emperor as well as Thrawn's own reputation.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)