|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cylinders does Mara remember seeing in the Emperor's warehouse?
2. How does Leia learn about Winter's doubts surrounding Mara?
3. Who agrees to help Karrde avenge Lishma's death?
4. What is the name of the tapcafe that hosts the smuggling meeting in Chapter 10?
5. What is a Defel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Mara when she is introduced, and how did she get there?
2. How does Leia become trapped at the Palace in Chapter 9?
3. How does Luke escape the attempts to capture him on Poderis?
4. What dream is Mara having in Chapter 8 and how does she react to it?
5. How do the Noghri arrive at Coruscant undetected, and what does Han object to about their involvement?
6. What plans are made by Karrde and the smugglers at Chazwa in Chapter 6?
7. What motivates Mara to remember an important piece of information and help Leia in Chapter 11?
8. What techniques are used by Zahn to introduce the characters in the first three chapters of The Last Command?
9. What happens at the meeting of the smugglers in Whistlers Whirlpool on Trogan?
10. How is the level of Luke's training in the Force established?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Noghri are an important part of the plot in The Last Command.
1) Describe the planet Honoghr, its past problems, and how they were resolved.
2) Explain what the Noghri have experienced with the Empire and how that influences the story.
3) Describe the loyalty of the Noghri to Luke and Leia and its origin.
Essay Topic 2
Luke Skywalker is introduced while he is on the planet Calius.
1) Describe the purpose of Luke's mission on Calius.
2) Explain the significance of the meeting with Karrde on Calius and the effects of it during the remainder of the book.
3) Describe Luke's mastery of the Force, how complete it is, and the reasons behind the level of his training.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the main elements of the leadership of the New Republic, Admiral Ackbar, General Bel Iblis, Mon Mothma, and Fey'lya. Include a background of the characters and how it relates to the present situations of the Rebel Alliance.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)