Short Answer Questions
1. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
2. What was the name of the colony that the Congo was annexed to Belgium as in 1908?
3. What were the two major exports from the Congo under Leopold's reign?
4. What was the name of the Portuguese explorer who sailed along the west coast of Africa in the 1480s?
5. A Portuguese explorer was the first European to discover the mouth of which river?
6. Before being put on slave ships by the Portuguese, what religion were slaves baptized into?
7. Where did the Portuguese transport the slaves?
8. Over what route did the Portuguese African slave trade flourish?
This section contains 3,373 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)