|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Williams commissioned a lieutenant?
(a) Puerto Rico.
2. What type of possession did Leopold want the Congo as?
(a) Colonial possession.
(b) Power possession.
(c) Resource possession.
(d) Human possession.
3. What disease did Williams contract when he left the Congo?
(c) Yellow fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
4. What does Leopold purchase several magazines and newspapers to control?
(a) Their content.
(b) Their advertising.
(c) Their news.
(d) Their circulation.
5. When did Casement produce the Casement Report?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the colony that the Congo was annexed to Belgium as in 1908?
2. When was Henry Morton Stanley born?
3. What suffered because of Leopold's fascination with the young girl and his adventures with her?
4. Stanley's bizarre route took so long to traverse, that when he arrived to rescue Pasha, what happened?
5. What would be seized until the men of the village delivered a specific quota of sap?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)