|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
(a) Death threats.
(b) Theft of resources.
(c) Widespread slavery.
(d) Willing workers.
2. What disease did Williams contract when he left the Congo?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Yellow fever.
3. Hezekiah Andrew Shanu was born and educated in what is now known as which country?
4. What church was William Henry Sheppard a missionary for?
5. What suffered because of Leopold's fascination with the young girl and his adventures with her?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His treasury.
(d) His kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Stanley become a celebrity for being the first European to explore Africa's interior?
2. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
3. When was Henry Morton Stanley born?
4. What would be seized until the men of the village delivered a specific quota of sap?
5. Why did Conrad have to leave the Congo and return to England?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)