|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, and Chapters 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Portuguese explorer was the first European to discover the mouth of which river?
2. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
3. Where was Stanley born?
4. What was the name of the workhouse Stanley was sent to as a child?
(a) St. Asaph's.
(b) St. John's.
(c) St. Luke's.
(d) St. Nicholas'.
5. What was the name of the Portuguese explorer who sailed along the west coast of Africa in the 1480s?
(a) Disarro Cao.
(b) Diogo Cao.
(c) Diresus Cao.
(d) Divala Cao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Henry Stanley's mother?
2. When Stanley was paroled as a prisoner during the American Civil War, what did he promptly do after being paroled?
3. Stanley is an adopted name for Henry. What was the occupation of the Stanley Henry met in America?
4. What was the name of the colony that the Congo was annexed to Belgium as in 1908?
5. When was Henry Morton Stanley born?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)