|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Leopold when he issued the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
2. How did Stanley get on board the ship to America?
(a) As a passenger.
(b) As a stow-away.
(c) As a pilot.
(d) As a crew member.
3. Leopold was described as pencil thin and possessing a large what?
4. What did the treaties Stanley made exchange for all mineral, animal, and wealth rights?
(a) Paper and books.
(b) Brightly-colored cloth.
(c) Medicine and food.
(d) Thread and needles.
5. Where did Leopold send Gerson Bleichröd?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ivory did Stanley transport out of the Congo?
2. A Portuguese explorer was the first European to discover the mouth of which river?
3. What was the name Henry Morton Stanley was born with?
4. When did Leopold issue the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
5. Where did Leopold send Henry Shelton Sanford?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)