|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stanley got to America, what did he do?
(a) Deserted the ship.
(b) Became captain of the ship.
(c) Snuck off the ship.
(d) Paid for his passage.
2. Who was Henry Stanley's mother?
(a) Victoria Parry.
(b) Mary Parry.
(c) Kathy Parry.
(d) Betsy Parry.
3. When was the Berlin Conference, where Africa was divided between the Europeans, held?
4. What was one of the ways Leopold managed Stanley?
(b) Land grants.
(d) Public praise.
5. Before being put on slave ships by the Portuguese, what religion were slaves baptized into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the publisher that Stanley became involved with?
2. Leopold was described as pencil thin and possessing a large what?
3. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
4. What kind of ivory did Stanley transport out of the Congo?
5. By what year were most of the coastal areas of Africa claimed as colonies by various European powers?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)