|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Queen Victoria feel about Leopold?
(a) He was evil.
(b) He was too eccentric.
(c) He had too much power.
(d) He was very handsome.
2. What was the name Henry Morton Stanley was born with?
(a) John Stanley.
(b) John Edwards.
(c) John Morton.
(d) John Rowlands.
3. How old was Leopold when he issued the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
4. Where was Stanley born?
5. What were the two major exports from the Congo under Leopold's reign?
(a) Ivory and rubber.
(b) Ivory and diamonds.
(c) Gold and diamonds.
(d) Rubber and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Stanley locate Livingstone?
2. How many Africans attended the Berlin Conference?
3. When was the Berlin Conference, where Africa was divided between the Europeans, held?
4. How did Stanley view the local people in the Congo?
5. What was the name of the workhouse Stanley was sent to as a child?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)