|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Leopold when he issued the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
2. When was the first comprehensive census of the Congo performed?
3. Where did Leopold send Henry Shelton Sanford?
4. What was the relationship between the summary of the report Leopold had published and the official Commission of Inquiry report?
(a) The two were identical.
(b) There was some similarity between the two on important points.
(c) The two were similar, but not identical.
(d) There was little resemblance between the two.
5. How did Stanley view the local people in the Congo?
(a) Competent to rule themselves.
(c) Available labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
2. Who is Dorothy Tennant?
3. What profession did Henry I. Kowalsky practice?
4. What span of years does Chapter 15 attempt to reconcile the death toll from?
5. Leopold became wealthy off the resources in the Congo and built multiple what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)