|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Leopold fired Kowalsky, whom did Kowalsky turn over masses of damning documents to?
(a) The newspaper editors.
(b) The Belgian Prime Minister.
2. Where did Leopold send Arthur Stevens?
3. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
(a) Widespread slavery.
(b) Death threats.
(c) Theft of resources.
(d) Willing workers.
4. What span of years does Chapter 15 attempt to reconcile the death toll from?
(a) 1880 to 1925.
(b) 1880 to 1918.
(c) 1880 to 1920.
(d) 1880 to 1913.
5. What language were the treaties with the African chiefs written in?
(a) European languages.
(b) African and European languages.
(c) African languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dorothy Tennant's job?
2. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
3. Stanley's bizarre route took so long to traverse, that when he arrived to rescue Pasha, what happened?
4. How old was Leopold when he issued the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
5. What is the word used to describe someone who is afraid of germs?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)