|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did many Europeans die in Congo?
(c) Old age.
2. For what crime was Sheppard tried for the publication of atrocities in the Congo?
3. How old was Leopold when he issued the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
4. Stanley's bizarre route took so long to traverse, that when he arrived to rescue Pasha, what happened?
(a) His assistance was no longer needed.
(b) He has used up all his supplies.
(c) He was unable to get back.
(d) He died shortly thereafter.
5. What kind of ivory did Stanley transport out of the Congo?
(a) Ivory rocks.
(b) Elephant tusks.
(c) Balls of ivory.
(d) Processed ivory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Leopold send Gerson Bleichröd?
2. Who did Leopold negotiate with when he decided to sell Congo?
3. Where did Leopold send Arthur Stevens?
4. How many Africans attended the Berlin Conference?
5. What was one of the ways Leopold managed Stanley?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)