|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession did Henry I. Kowalsky practice?
2. Who is Dorothy Tennant?
(a) Stanley's mistress.
(b) Stanley's daughter.
(c) Stanley's mother.
(d) Stanley's wife.
3. When was the World's Fair held in Brussels?
4. Why did most European colonizers focus on Africa's coastal areas?
(a) The local people were friendlier.
(b) They were immediately accessible.
(c) They had more riches.
(d) The coast was cheaper to colonize.
5. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
(a) Severely shortened.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Leopold when he issued the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
2. For what crime was Sheppard tried for the publication of atrocities in the Congo?
3. What military title did Henry I. Kowalsky affect?
4. What did the official Commission of Inquiry report validate?
5. What is the title of Chapter 15?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)