1. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
2. What was the name of the colony that the Congo was annexed to Belgium as in 1908?
(a) Free Congo.
(b) Republic of Congo.
(c) Congo Free State.
(d) Belgian Congo.
3. What were the two major exports from the Congo under Leopold's reign?
(a) Rubber and gold.
(b) Gold and diamonds.
(c) Ivory and diamonds.
(d) Ivory and rubber.
4. What was the name of the Portuguese explorer who sailed along the west coast of Africa in the 1480s?
(a) Disarro Cao.
(b) Diogo Cao.
(c) Divala Cao.
(d) Diresus Cao.
5. A Portuguese explorer was the first European to discover the mouth of which river?
6. Before being put on slave ships by the Portuguese, what religion were slaves baptized into?
7. Where did the Portuguese transport the slaves?
(a) The New World.
8. Over what route did the Portuguese African slave trade flourish?
(a) Mediterranean Ocean route.
(b) Pacific Ocean route.
(c) Atlantic Ocean route.
(d) Indian Ocean route.
This section contains 3,373 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)