Prologue, and Chapters 1, 2, and 3
1. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
2. What was the name of the colony that the Congo was annexed to Belgium as in 1908?
(a) Belgian Congo.
(b) Free Congo.
(c) Republic of Congo.
(d) Congo Free State.
3. What were the two major exports from the Congo under Leopold's reign?
(a) Ivory and diamonds.
(b) Gold and diamonds.
(c) Ivory and rubber.
(d) Rubber and gold.
4. What was the name of the Portuguese explorer who sailed along the west coast of Africa in the 1480s?
(a) Diogo Cao.
(b) Divala Cao.
(c) Diresus Cao.
(d) Disarro Cao.
5. A Portuguese explorer was the first European to discover the mouth of which river?
6. Before being put on slave ships by the Portuguese, what religion were slaves baptized into?
7. Where did the Portuguese transport the slaves?
(a) The New World.
8. Over what route did the Portuguese African slave trade flourish?
(a) Atlantic Ocean route.
(b) Pacific Ocean route.
(c) Indian Ocean route.
(d) Mediterranean Ocean route.
This section contains 3,373 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)