|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kant feel about Fichte's idealism?
2. Which of the following describes a categorical imperative?
3. What did Kant call it when one beholds an aesthetic object?
4. Why did Kant say that empirically, humans are not free?
5. In an aesthetic situation that is not ideal, how does one judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
2. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
3. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
4. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
5. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
6. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
7. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
8. How is beauty objective?
9. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
10. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
Essay Topic 2
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 3
How have Kant's philosophies influenced you? Do you agree with his theories? Why or why not?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)