|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What describes the first formulation that Kant derived?
2. What distinguishes a person from the rest of existence?
3. What best describes the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment"?
4. How did Kant feel about monarchy?
5. Which of the following would Kant agree with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
2. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
3. What is paradox freedom?
4. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
5. How is beauty objective?
6. Describe Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
7. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
8. How is beauty subjective?
9. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
10. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How have Kant's philosophies influenced you? Do you agree with his theories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kant's opinions about religion. Which theory did he find most attractive, and why? Why did Kant want to prove that the soul existed? How did he show flaws in religious arguments?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)