|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kant refer to in order to solve the problem buried below ethical theory?
2. From which critique did Kant's fundamental political right come from?
3. What is the second quality of Fichte's idealism?
4. How did Schopenhauer interpret Kant?
5. What did Kant call it when one beholds an aesthetic object?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
2. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
3. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
4. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
5. Describe Schopenhauer's interpretation of Kant's philosophies.
6. How is beauty subjective?
7. Describe Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
8. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
9. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
10. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 2
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)