|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an unfortunate reality that Kant took into account?
2. According to Hegel, how did his subject of study build?
3. To Kant, what was being free?
4. What was Kant's key to law?
5. What does the paradox freedom highlight a contradiction between?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
2. Describe Kant's hypothetical imperative.
3. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
4. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
5. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
6. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
7. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
8. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
9. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
10. How is beauty subjective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 2
What arguments does Kant's "Critique of Judgment" make? Why are his arguments disorganized and weak?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Kant considered to be so eccentric? What were his thoughts and reasons on the subject?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)