|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concept of humanity superimposed upon?
2. According to Hegel, how did his subject of study build?
3. What did Kant call it when one beholds an aesthetic object?
4. What type of government did Kant favor?
5. For Kant, what was moral law based on the idea of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
2. Describe Kant's hypothetical imperative.
3. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
4. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
5. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
6. How is beauty subjective?
7. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
8. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
9. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
10. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the beliefs about reason held by Leibniz, Hume, and Kant.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between a hypothetical imperative and a categorical imperative? How did Kant use these in his theories? Give three examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)