|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what historical period was Kant considered well-known and influential?
2. What does "Critique of Judgment" influence?
3. What describes the first formulation that Kant derived?
4. How did Kant believe that humans see the world?
5. Whose philosophies presaged existentialism in many ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kant describe the concept of humanity as superimposed on one's perception?
2. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
3. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
4. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
5. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
6. Describe Schopenhauer's interpretation of Kant's philosophies.
7. Describe Kant's hypothetical imperative.
8. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
9. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
10. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)