|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hegel, what does reason want to reach?
2. When judging beauty, what does the mind apply?
3. What does the judgment of beauty require?
4. What best describes the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment"?
5. What happened to Hegel's "attempts" each time his alleged building process occurred?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
2. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
3. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
4. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
5. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
6. How is beauty objective?
7. How did Kant describe the concept of humanity as superimposed on one's perception?
8. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
9. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
10. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)