|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ideal aesthetic case, what is one moved by?
2. Which of the following would Kant agree with?
3. What did Kant permit the government to engage in?
4. How did Kant believe that humans see the world?
5. According to Kant, what does it mean to act in accordance with one's desires?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
2. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
3. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
4. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
5. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
6. How is beauty subjective?
7. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
8. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
9. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
10. How is beauty objective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What arguments does Kant's "Critique of Judgment" make? Why are his arguments disorganized and weak?
Essay Topic 2
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Fichte? Why would Kant be opposed to his views?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)