|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following from Kant's view, what measures whether or not an action is good?
2. What does the paradox freedom highlight a contradiction between?
3. What type of sense did Kant have when contemplating natural objects?
4. The example in the reading pertaining to perception is that one sees a person, not just their ____.
5. Kant's "Critique of Judgment" is considered to be which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
2. Describe Kant's hypothetical imperative.
3. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
4. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
5. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
6. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
7. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
8. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
9. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
10. Describe Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 2
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)