|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who identified the insatiable goal of almost all philosophers?
2. Which of the following describes the consequences of Kant's political belief?
3. Before Kant could ground an ethical theory, what did he first have to resolve?
4. What did Schopenhauer take for granted from Kant's philosophy?
5. What did Kant call it when one beholds an aesthetic object?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kant describe the concept of humanity as superimposed on one's perception?
2. What is the relationship that Kant assigned between politics and transcendental philosophy?
3. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
4. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
5. Describe Kant's hypothetical imperative.
6. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
7. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
8. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
9. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
10. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kant's opinions about religion. Which theory did he find most attractive, and why? Why did Kant want to prove that the soul existed? How did he show flaws in religious arguments?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)