|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what historical period was Kant considered well-known and influential?
2. How did Schopenhauer interpret Kant?
3. What are hypothetical imperatives?
4. What type of judgment is beauty?
5. Which of the following is true about the idealism Fichte wanted to justify?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Schopenhauer's interpretation of Kant's philosophies.
2. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
3. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
4. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
5. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
6. What is paradox freedom?
7. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
8. How is beauty objective?
9. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
10. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
Essay Topic 3
What are aesthetics? Why are aesthetics important to philosophy? How do people perceive beauty, according to Kant?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)