|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not considered anti-social behavior as a result of Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative in modern society?
2. Why did Kant say that empirically, humans are not free?
3. What distinguishes a person from the rest of existence?
4. What did Kant want to require of each law?
5. What describes the third formulation of Kant's categorical imperative?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
2. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
3. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
4. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
5. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
6. What is paradox freedom?
7. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
8. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
9. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
10. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant's political beliefs border on classical liberalism? How does this compare to other political theories?
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)