|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the paradox freedom highlight a contradiction between?
2. What does "Critique of Judgment" influence?
3. What did Kant refer to in order to solve the problem buried below ethical theory?
4. In the ideal aesthetic case, what is one moved by?
5. Which critique does the reading mention that Hegel read?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is beauty subjective?
2. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
3. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
4. Describe Schopenhauer's interpretation of Kant's philosophies.
5. How is beauty objective?
6. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
7. What is paradox freedom?
8. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
9. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
10. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
Essay Topic 2
What type of influence did Kant have on Fichte? Why would Kant be opposed to his views?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between a hypothetical imperative and a categorical imperative? How did Kant use these in his theories? Give three examples of each.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)