|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What describes the first formulation that Kant derived?
2. For Kant, what was moral law based on the idea of?
3. What did Schopenhauer take for granted from Kant's philosophy?
4. What did Hegel want to determine builds?
5. What does the judgment of beauty require?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
2. How did Kant describe the concept of humanity as superimposed on one's perception?
3. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
4. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
5. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
6. Describe Kant's hypothetical imperative.
7. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
8. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
9. What is paradox freedom?
10. How is beauty objective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)