|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second quality of Fichte's idealism?
2. What is the statement "If you want to make a lot of money, you should go to college"?
3. Kant believed that what was at the root of all morality?
4. How did Kant feel about Fichte's idealism?
5. During what historical period was Kant considered well-known and influential?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
2. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
3. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
4. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
5. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
6. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
7. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
8. How is beauty objective?
9. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
10. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
Essay Topic 3
What type of political structure did Kant trust most? Why didn't he like the other types of political structures? Consider monarchy, republicanism, and democracy.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)