|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kant relate his philosophical beliefs with his political beliefs?
2. What did Schopenhauer take for granted from Kant's philosophy?
3. What does aesthetics relate to?
4. How did Schopenhauer interpret Kant?
5. What did Kant want to require of each law?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
2. Describe Schopenhauer's interpretation of Kant's philosophies.
3. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
4. How did Kant describe the concept of humanity as superimposed on one's perception?
5. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
6. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
7. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
8. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
9. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
10. Describe Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the beliefs about reason held by Leibniz, Hume, and Kant.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)