|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does aesthetics relate to?
2. What did Hegel want to determine builds?
3. Which of the following is true about subjectivity?
4. The example in the reading pertaining to perception is that one sees a person, not just their ____.
5. Who identified the insatiable goal of almost all philosophers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
2. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
3. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
4. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
5. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
6. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
7. How is beauty objective?
8. What is the relationship that Kant assigned between politics and transcendental philosophy?
9. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
10. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of political structure did Kant trust most? Why didn't he like the other types of political structures? Consider monarchy, republicanism, and democracy.
Essay Topic 2
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)