|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows that Kant's ideas are still relevant?
2. Kant's "Critique of Judgment" is considered to be which of the following?
3. What did Fichte distinguish between?
4. How did Kant feel about monarchy?
5. What is the insatiable goal of almost all philosophers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
2. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
3. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
4. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
5. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
6. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
7. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
8. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
9. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
10. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 2
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)