|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kant believe must be true for an action to be good?
2. What was the reason Kant's "Critique of Judgment" did not fail?
3. What type of sense did Kant have when contemplating natural objects?
4. Why did Kant say that empirically, humans are not free?
5. In an aesthetic situation that is not ideal, how does one judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
2. Describe Schopenhauer's interpretation of Kant's philosophies.
3. What is paradox freedom?
4. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
5. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
6. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
7. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
8. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
9. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
10. What is the relationship that Kant assigned between politics and transcendental philosophy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of political structure did Kant trust most? Why didn't he like the other types of political structures? Consider monarchy, republicanism, and democracy.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Fichte? Why would Kant be opposed to his views?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)