|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kant want to require of each law?
2. Before Kant could ground an ethical theory, what did he first have to resolve?
3. What did Hegel want to determine builds?
4. According to Hegel, how did his subject of study build?
5. Why did Kant say that empirically, humans are not free?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
2. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
3. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
4. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
5. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
6. Describe Kant's first formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
7. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
8. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
9. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
10. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant's political beliefs border on classical liberalism? How does this compare to other political theories?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)