Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was described as the appearance of objects?
2. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
3. Which of the following is described as being inaccessible to humanity?
4. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
5. When beginning an argument, what did Kant appeal to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
2. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
3. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
4. What is paradox freedom?
5. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
6. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
7. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
8. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
9. How is beauty subjective?
10. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
What arguments does Kant's "Critique of Judgment" make? Why are his arguments disorganized and weak?
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
Describe Kant's opinions about religion. Which theory did he find most attractive, and why? Why did Kant want to prove that the soul existed? How did he show flaws in religious arguments?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)