Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was described as being an object itself?
2. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
3. What question did Kant's subjective argument begin with?
4. Which of the following is an example of antinomy?
5. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
2. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
3. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
4. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
5. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
6. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
7. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
8. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
9. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
10. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
How did Descartes and the problem of objective knowledge influence Kant?
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
What arguments does Kant's "Critique of Judgment" make? Why are his arguments disorganized and weak?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)