|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
2. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
3. What did Descartes argue was the first and most certain piece of knowledge?
4. According to Hume, what does all knowledge come through?
5. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is objective knowledge?
2. Describe Kant's published life.
3. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
4. Describe Kant's time in school.
5. Describe the ontological religious argument.
6. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
7. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
8. What did Kant think about marriage?
9. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
10. What are antinomies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)