|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
2. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
3. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
4. What did Kant's objective argument concern?
5. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
2. Why did the second version of "Critique of Pure Reason" fail?
3. Describe Kant's published life.
4. Describe Kant's time in school.
5. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
6. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
7. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
8. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
9. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
10. What is objective knowledge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
Essay Topic 2
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 3
How have Kant's philosophies influenced you? Do you agree with his theories? Why or why not?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)