|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
2. What type of religious arguments was Kant most interested in?
3. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
4. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
5. What food was used as an example to imply the unchanged existence of some medium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
2. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
3. Describe Kant's time in school.
4. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
5. What is noticeable about Fichte's idealism?
6. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
7. Describe the fundamental political right, according to Kant.
8. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
9. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
10. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
Essay Topic 2
How did Descartes and the problem of objective knowledge influence Kant?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)