|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was described as being an object itself?
2. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
3. What question did Kant's subjective argument begin with?
4. Which of the following is an example of antinomy?
5. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
2. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
3. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
4. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
5. Describe the term 'aesthetics'.
6. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
7. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
8. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
9. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
10. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
Essay Topic 1
How have Kant's philosophies influenced you? Do you agree with his theories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 3
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)