|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
2. What can one assume if they consider the universe in its totality?
3. What was described as being an object itself?
4. What did "Critique of Practical Reason" deal with?
5. What did "Critique of Judgment" deal with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apperception?
2. Describe Kant's time in school.
3. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
4. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
5. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
6. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
7. Describe phenomena and noumena.
8. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
9. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
10. What are antinomies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Kant considered to be so eccentric? What were his thoughts and reasons on the subject?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)