|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
2. In what year was Kant born?
3. What did Kant have published before 1781?
4. Whose philosophies did Kant revive in the distinction between practical and theoretical knowledge?
5. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
2. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
3. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
4. Describe phenomena and noumena.
5. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
6. What is objective knowledge?
7. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
8. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
9. What are Kant's categories of thought?
10. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Kant's early life. Why was it rare for him to attend school? Describe the quality of his education.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 3
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)