|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kant become after attending school?
2. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
3. Which of the following is true about the statement "Fido has brown spots"?
4. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
5. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe phenomena and noumena.
2. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
3. What are Kant's categories of thought?
4. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
5. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
6. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
7. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
8. Describe the ontological religious argument.
9. Describe Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
10. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of political structure did Kant trust most? Why didn't he like the other types of political structures? Consider monarchy, republicanism, and democracy.
Essay Topic 2
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Kant's political beliefs border on classical liberalism? How does this compare to other political theories?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)