|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rational psychology?
2. What did Kant's objective argument concern?
3. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
4. Which philosopher did Kant begin his arguments similar to?
5. What is the name of the philosopher who wrote Meditations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
2. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
3. Describe Kant's time in school.
4. What did Hume argue about reason?
5. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
6. What did Kant think about marriage?
7. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
8. What is apperception?
9. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
10. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 2
What type of political structure did Kant trust most? Why didn't he like the other types of political structures? Consider monarchy, republicanism, and democracy.
Essay Topic 3
What are aesthetics? Why are aesthetics important to philosophy? How do people perceive beauty, according to Kant?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)