|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was described as the appearance of objects?
2. What type of truth is one that is known before any experience?
3. What did "Critique of Practical Reason" deal with?
4. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
5. What was a result of "Critique of Reason" being difficult to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
2. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
3. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
4. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
5. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
6. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
7. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
8. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
9. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
10. What is objective knowledge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
Essay Topic 2
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 3
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)