|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
2. When Kant attempted to use the unity of apperception to prove facts about the world, who admitted that these arguments were not generally philosophically sound?
3. What does every mistake share?
4. What was described as the appearance of objects?
5. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ontological religious argument.
2. What was the effect of Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason"?
3. Describe Kant's time in school.
4. What is objective knowledge?
5. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
6. Why did the second version of "Critique of Pure Reason" fail?
7. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
8. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
9. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
10. What are antinomies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of influence did Kant have on Fichte? Why would Kant be opposed to his views?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
Essay Topic 3
How have Kant's philosophies influenced you? Do you agree with his theories? Why or why not?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)