|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
2. According to Kant, what does the notion of change imply?
3. Which of the following did Hume deny?
4. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
5. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe phenomena and noumena.
2. What is objective knowledge?
3. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
4. What are antinomies?
5. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
6. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
7. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
8. What did Hume argue about reason?
9. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
10. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between a hypothetical imperative and a categorical imperative? How did Kant use these in his theories? Give three examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's opinions about religion. Which theory did he find most attractive, and why? Why did Kant want to prove that the soul existed? How did he show flaws in religious arguments?
Essay Topic 3
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)