|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose philosophies did Kant revive in the distinction between practical and theoretical knowledge?
2. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
3. What was Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics?
4. When did Kant die?
5. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
2. Describe Kant's published life.
3. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
4. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
5. What are antinomies?
6. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
7. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
8. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
9. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
10. What is objective knowledge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between a hypothetical imperative and a categorical imperative? How did Kant use these in his theories? Give three examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
What are aesthetics? Why are aesthetics important to philosophy? How do people perceive beauty, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)