|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Kant's time in school?
2. What type of perception does 'apperception' refer to?
3. What did Kant say is a privileged place in perception?
4. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
5. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the quality of the arguments in Kant's "Critique of Judgment."
2. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
3. How did Kant describe the concept of humanity as superimposed on one's perception?
4. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
5. Why did the second version of "Critique of Pure Reason" fail?
6. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
7. Describe Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
8. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
9. What is apperception?
10. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
Essay Topic 1
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What arguments does Kant's "Critique of Judgment" make? Why are his arguments disorganized and weak?
Essay Topic 3
What are aesthetics? Why are aesthetics important to philosophy? How do people perceive beauty, according to Kant?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)