|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
2. How old was Kant when "Critique of Pure Reason" was published?
3. Which of the following truths is considered to be more substantive?
4. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
5. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
2. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
3. What are Kant's categories of thought?
4. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
5. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
6. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
7. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
8. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
9. What is objective knowledge?
10. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
Essay Topic 3
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)