|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would have best described Kant?
2. What is the name of the philosopher who wrote Meditations?
3. What was described as the appearance of objects?
4. What was Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics?
5. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's published life.
2. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
3. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
4. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
5. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
6. What are antinomies?
7. What is objective knowledge?
8. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
9. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
10. Describe the ontological religious argument.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Kant's political beliefs border on classical liberalism? How does this compare to other political theories?
Essay Topic 2
What did Kant believe the root of morality was? Describe Kant's three formulations of moral categorical imperatives. Which is most effective, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between a hypothetical imperative and a categorical imperative? How did Kant use these in his theories? Give three examples of each.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)