|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
2. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
3. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
4. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
5. Where was David Hume from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
2. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
3. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
4. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
5. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
6. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
7. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
8. Describe the ontological religious argument.
9. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
10. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Descartes and the problem of objective knowledge influence Kant?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Kant considered to be so eccentric? What were his thoughts and reasons on the subject?
Essay Topic 3
What are aesthetics? Why are aesthetics important to philosophy? How do people perceive beauty, according to Kant?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)