|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of perception does 'apperception' refer to?
2. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
3. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
4. What did the "transcendental unity of apperception" begin?
5. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
2. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
3. What are Kant's categories of thought?
4. Describe Kant's published life.
5. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
6. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
7. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
8. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
9. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
10. What did Hume argue about reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the beliefs about reason held by Leibniz, Hume, and Kant.
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)