|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
2. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
3. What do phenomena represent?
4. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
5. What type of truth is one that is known before any experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
2. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
3. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
4. Describe phenomena and noumena.
5. Describe Kant's time in school.
6. What did Kant think about marriage?
7. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
8. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
9. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
10. Describe the ontological religious argument.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 2
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Kant considered to be so eccentric? What were his thoughts and reasons on the subject?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)