|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Kant a determined opponent of?
2. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
3. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
4. Who did Kant borrow the term 'apperception' from?
5. Which type of argument about religion did Kant believe had little weight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hume argue about reason?
2. What was the effect of Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason"?
3. Describe Kant's published life.
4. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
5. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
6. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
7. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
8. Describe phenomena and noumena.
9. Describe the ontological religious argument.
10. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 2
How did Descartes and the problem of objective knowledge influence Kant?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Kant considered to be so eccentric? What were his thoughts and reasons on the subject?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)