|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
2. What type of truth is "Fido has brown spots"?
3. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
4. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
5. How old was Kant when "Critique of Pure Reason" was published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
2. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
3. Describe Schopenhauer's interpretation of Kant's philosophies.
4. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
5. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
6. Describe Kant's overall impact on philosophy.
7. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
8. Describe the ontological religious argument.
9. Describe phenomena and noumena.
10. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Kant's political beliefs border on classical liberalism? How does this compare to other political theories?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)