|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kant, what is essential to the development of an ethical theory?
2. For Hume to believe something, what did he need?
3. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
4. What is the category for something considered to be trivially true?
5. When did Kant publish "Prolegomena to any Future metaphysic which shall lay Claim to being a Science"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
2. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
3. Describe the ontological religious argument.
4. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
5. Describe Kant's published life.
6. Why did the second version of "Critique of Pure Reason" fail?
7. What are Kant's categories of thought?
8. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
9. What is apperception?
10. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of political structure did Kant trust most? Why didn't he like the other types of political structures? Consider monarchy, republicanism, and democracy.
Essay Topic 2
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)