|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
2. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
3. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
4. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
5. What type of truth is "Fido has brown spots"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Kant's categories of thought?
2. What was the effect of Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason"?
3. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
4. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
5. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
6. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
7. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
8. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
9. What are antinomies?
10. Describe the ontological religious argument.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are phenomena and noumena? What is the difference between the two concepts? How are they related?
Essay Topic 2
What type of influence did Kant have on Hegel? Why is his interpretation the most extravagant of those presented?
Essay Topic 3
How have Kant's philosophies influenced you? Do you agree with his theories? Why or why not?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)