|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
2. Which of the following best describes Kant's categories of thought?
3. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
4. Whose theories greatly influenced Kant's metaphysical system?
5. Which philosopher did Kant begin his arguments similar to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
2. What is objective knowledge?
3. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
4. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
5. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
6. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
7. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
8. Describe phenomena and noumena.
9. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
10. What is apperception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What arguments does Kant's "Critique of Judgment" make? Why are his arguments disorganized and weak?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics. What was Kant's subjective argument? What was his objective argument?
Essay Topic 3
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)