|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
2. What is cosmology?
3. What is the category for something considered to be trivially true?
4. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
5. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kant think about marriage?
2. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
3. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
4. How is beauty objective?
5. What is objective knowledge?
6. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
7. What are Kant's categories of thought?
8. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
9. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
10. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the beliefs about reason held by Leibniz, Hume, and Kant.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the difference between analytic and synthetic truths and provide an example of each.
Essay Topic 3
What type of influence did Kant have on Schopenhauer? Why did Schopenhauer interpret Kant as an idealist?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)