|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Critique of Practical Reason" deal with?
2. When did Kant publish "Prolegomena to any Future metaphysic which shall lay Claim to being a Science"?
3. When did Kant die?
4. In what year was Kant born?
5. What did Kant say is a privileged place in perception?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
2. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
3. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
4. Describe the ontological religious argument.
5. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
6. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
7. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
8. Describe Kant's published life.
9. What is objective knowledge?
10. What is apperception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can beauty be both subjective and objective, according to Kant?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the beliefs about reason held by Leibniz, Hume, and Kant.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Kant believe that the fundamental political right was freedom? How do political theorists apply this concept today?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)