Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fichte distinguish between?
(a) Monarchy and anarchy.
(b) Synthetic and analytic.
(c) Phenomena and noumena.
(d) Substance and property.
2. According to Hegel, how did his subject of study build?
(a) Through self-consciousness.
(b) Through self-destruction.
(c) Through self-improvement.
(d) Through self-existence.
3. What is the concept of humanity superimposed upon?
(a) One's intelligence.
(b) One's perceptions.
(c) One's ethics.
(d) One's motives.
4. To Kant, what was being free?
(a) Being able to assess the self.
(b) Being able to obey one's reason.
(c) Being able to have ideas.
(d) Being able to understand paradox.
5. Why didn't Kant advocate democracy?
(a) He did not like the concept of political parties.
(b) He didn't think men should be able to control others.
(c) He didn't think all should hold office.
(d) He didn't think all were qualified to vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the idealism Fichte wanted to justify?
2. What shows that Kant's ideas are still relevant?
3. Who was Kant most critical of when it came to voting rights?
4. Following from Kant's view, what measures whether or not an action is good?
5. How did Kant feel about Fichte's idealism?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)