|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Hegel's "attempts" each time his alleged building process occurred?
(c) Each step was closer to the end of existence.
(d) Each step was painful.
2. Which of the following describes a categorical imperative?
(a) Substance rather than property.
(b) Morally ambiguous.
(c) Completely unqualified.
(d) A "would" statement.
3. What type of government did Kant favor?
4. What does the judgment of beauty require?
(b) Intermediate concepts.
(c) One's sense.
(d) Background information.
5. What does the paradox freedom highlight a contradiction between?
(a) Universal law of causality and categorical imperatives.
(b) Sense of freedom and universal law of causality.
(c) Hypothetical imperatives and categorical imperatives.
(d) Transcendental philosophy and universal philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the statement "If you want to make a lot of money, you should go to college"?
2. Which philosophers, besides Kant, studied aesthetics?
3. How did Kant feel about monarchy?
4. What does Kant's ethical system sometimes defy?
5. In an aesthetic situation that is not ideal, how does one judge?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)