|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the idealism Fichte wanted to justify?
(a) It was based on Plato's work.
(b) It was classical.
(c) It was based on Descartes' work.
(d) It was radical.
2. What does "Critique of Judgment" influence?
(a) The study of psychology.
(b) The study of theology.
(c) The study of aesthetics.
(d) The study of cosmology.
3. What was the reason Kant's "Critique of Judgment" did not fail?
(a) Interesting points.
(b) Exploring an uncharted topic.
(d) Strong arguments.
4. Which of the following would Kant most agree with?
(a) Aesthetics are only objective when the judged item is a piece of art.
(b) Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder.
(c) Aesthetics are objective and subjective.
(d) Politics and aesthetics are heavily related.
5. What describes the third formulation of Kant's categorical imperative?
(a) One should treat others with respect.
(b) One should act as if his actions were legislating a law.
(c) One should obey the law.
(d) One should treat others as they wish to be treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what historical period was Kant considered well-known and influential?
2. Which of the following is true about subjectivity?
3. What is always overlaid with concepts, according to the reading?
4. Which argument did Kant refuse to take as solid philosophical demonstration?
5. What was Kant's basic political belief?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)