|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following represented a difficulty for Kant because he wanted to classify it as practical reason?
2. Whose philosophies presaged existentialism in many ways?
3. Who identified the insatiable goal of almost all philosophers?
4. What happened to Hegel's "attempts" each time his alleged building process occurred?
(c) Each step was closer to the end of existence.
(d) Each step was painful.
5. How do Schopenhauer and Fichte compare?
(a) Both wanted to justify their own idealism.
(b) Both interpreted Kant the same way.
(c) Both distinguished between phenomena and noumena.
(d) Both improved upon Kant's philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hegel want to determine builds?
2. Which of the following would Kant agree with?
3. During what historical period was Kant considered well-known and influential?
4. What did Kant want to require of each law?
5. What are imperative statements?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's second formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
2. What is paradox freedom?
3. What did Kant believe about monarchy, democracy, and republicanism?
4. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
5. What is the relationship that Kant assigned between politics and transcendental philosophy?
6. Describe Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative at the root of morality.
7. According to Kant, how is a person distinguished from the rest of existence?
8. How did Fichte use Kant's philosophies?
9. Was Kant's "Critique of Judgment" a failure or success?
10. How is beauty subjective?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)