|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
(c) A variety of disciplines.
2. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
(a) A creator of the world must exist.
(b) Existence warrants perfection.
(c) Perfection only exists in one entity.
(d) Existence is a perfection.
3. Which of the following did Hume deny?
(a) The existence of ethics.
(b) The existence of the world.
(c) The existence of the self.
(d) The existence of logic.
4. Who did Kant borrow the term 'apperception' from?
5. What philosophical school did Leibniz belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described by something whose existence is not dependent upon anything else?
2. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
3. Which of the following was Kant a determined opponent of?
4. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
5. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
2. Describe Kant's published life.
3. What are Kant's categories of thought?
4. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
5. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
6. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
7. What are antinomies?
8. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
9. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
10. Describe Kant's time in school.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)