|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following truths is considered to be more substantive?
2. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
(b) Harness maker.
3. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
(a) It was necessary to be intelligent.
(b) He worked too hard to have relationships.
(c) It was necessary to avoid getting hurt.
(d) It was necessary for a philosophical lifestyle.
4. Which of the following was Kant a determined opponent of?
(c) Existence of self.
5. What did Kant compare the knowledge of a soul to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
2. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
3. What was a result of "Critique of Reason" being difficult to read?
4. When Kant attempted to use the unity of apperception to prove facts about the world, who admitted that these arguments were not generally philosophically sound?
5. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
2. Describe Kant's published life.
3. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
4. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
5. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
6. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
7. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
8. What did Hume argue about reason?
9. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
10. Describe the ontological religious argument.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)