|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
2. What did Kant say is a privileged place in perception?
(a) The past.
(c) The future.
(d) The present.
3. When Kant attempted to use the unity of apperception to prove facts about the world, who admitted that these arguments were not generally philosophically sound?
4. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
(d) A variety of disciplines.
5. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
(a) He thought Leibniz was more intelligent than Hume.
(b) He sided with Leibniz over Hume.
(c) He had so many disagreements with him.
(d) He agreed with him so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
2. What type of perception does 'apperception' refer to?
3. What did Kant's subjective argument concern?
4. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
5. Which of the following did Hume deny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
2. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
3. What is apperception?
4. What did Kant think about marriage?
5. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
6. Describe Kant's time in school.
7. Describe the ontological religious argument.
8. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
9. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
10. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)