|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
(d) A variety of disciplines.
2. How many times did Kant come close to marriage?
3. Which of the following would have best described Kant?
4. What is described by something whose existence is not dependent upon anything else?
5. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was David Hume from?
2. When did Kant publish "Prolegomena to any Future metaphysic which shall lay Claim to being a Science"?
3. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
4. What did Descartes argue was the first and most certain piece of knowledge?
5. In what year was Kant born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
2. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
3. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
4. Describe Kant's published life.
5. What are antinomies?
6. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
7. Describe Kant's time in school.
8. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
9. What is apperception?
10. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)