|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kant's objective argument concern?
(a) The content of synthetic a priori knowledge.
(b) The content of the self.
(c) The existence of the self outside the mind.
(d) The existence of self-consciousness.
2. What was a result of "Critique of Reason" being difficult to read?
(a) Kant became angry and insulted his readers.
(b) Kant translated and re-released his work.
(c) Kant had another philosopher translate it.
(d) Kant released a supplemental work.
3. What philosophical school did Leibniz belong to?
4. Which of the following best describes Kant's categories of thought?
(a) Perceptions of existence.
(b) Qualities of perception.
(c) Categories of self-consciousness.
(d) Modes of understanding.
5. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
(a) "Critique of Pure Reason."
(b) "Critique of Practical Reason."
(c) "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals."
(d) "Critique of Judgment."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
2. When did Kant die?
3. What statement sums up Descartes' certain piece of knowledge?
4. What type of religious arguments was Kant most interested in?
5. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
2. What are antinomies?
3. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
4. According to Hume, what is needed to believe or understand something?
5. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
6. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
7. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
8. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
9. Describe Kant's hypothetical imperative.
10. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)