|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are physic-theological arguments?
(a) Cosmological arguments.
(b) Ontological arguments.
(c) Arguments from design.
(d) Arguments against the existence of God.
2. Which of the following truths is considered to be more substantive?
3. Unlike Descartes, what was Kant unwilling to draw the conclusion that he was?
(a) A self.
(b) A property.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A substance.
4. In what year was Kant born?
5. What is cosmology?
(a) The study of the universe.
(b) The study of the soul.
(c) The study of people.
(d) The study of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Kant come close to marriage?
2. Which type of argument about religion did Kant believe had little weight?
3. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
4. What was Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics?
5. What type of truth is "Fido has brown spots"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason"?
2. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
3. What did Hume argue about reason?
4. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
5. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
6. Describe Kant's published life.
7. What is apperception?
8. Why do you think Kant wanted to believe in the existence of the soul from a philosophical standpoint?
9. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
10. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)