|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Kant come close to marriage?
2. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
(a) Historical arguments.
(b) Arguments from design.
(c) Cosmological arguments.
(d) Ontological arguments.
3. What is described by something whose existence is not dependent upon anything else?
4. Which of the following statements about Kant is true?
(a) Kant believed the soul was a phenomenon.
(b) Kant believed the soul was a noumenon.
(c) Kant did not believe one could view one's own soul as an object.
(d) Kant believed that proving the existence of a soul would prove the existence of God.
5. Which philosopher did Kant begin his arguments similar to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
2. Why does noumena serve a negative role in Kant's philosophy?
3. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
4. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
5. What type of truth is one that is known before any experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do perceptions occur in an ideal aesthetic case?
2. What is the modern connection to Kant's work?
3. What is objective knowledge?
4. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
5. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
6. Describe the ontological religious argument.
7. What is paradox freedom?
8. What is your personal observation of Kant's philosophy?
9. What is apperception?
10. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)