|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
2. What did Kant have published before 1781?
(a) "Critique of Judgment".
(b) A few unremarkable, short books.
(c) "Critique of Pure Reason".
3. When was "Critique of Practical Reason" published?
4. Which of the following is true about the statement "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) Fido is a substance.
(b) Spots is a substance.
(c) The act of having is a substance.
(d) Brown is a substance.
5. What was a result of "Critique of Reason" being difficult to read?
(a) Kant became angry and insulted his readers.
(b) Kant released a supplemental work.
(c) Kant translated and re-released his work.
(d) Kant had another philosopher translate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Kant to have had any possibility of objective knowledge, what must have been true?
2. What is described as something which exists dependently upon a substance?
3. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
4. Whose philosophies did Kant revive in the distinction between practical and theoretical knowledge?
5. Which of the following is described as being inaccessible to humanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apperception?
2. What are antinomies?
3. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
4. Describe the ontological religious argument.
5. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
6. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
7. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
8. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
9. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
10. Describe Kant's time in school.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)