|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Hume deny?
(a) The existence of the world.
(b) The existence of the self.
(c) The existence of logic.
(d) The existence of ethics.
2. What did Kant compare the knowledge of a soul to?
3. What do phenomena represent?
(a) Real objects.
(b) Rational beings.
(c) Irrational beings.
4. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
(a) It was necessary to be intelligent.
(b) It was necessary to avoid getting hurt.
(c) It was necessary for a philosophical lifestyle.
(d) He worked too hard to have relationships.
5. What is cosmology?
(a) The study of God.
(b) The study of the universe.
(c) The study of the soul.
(d) The study of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose philosophies did Kant revive in the distinction between practical and theoretical knowledge?
2. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
3. Which of the following did Kant establish?
4. What food was used as an example to imply the unchanged existence of some medium?
5. How old was Kant when "Critique of Pure Reason" was published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
2. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
3. Why did the second version of "Critique of Pure Reason" fail?
4. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
5. Describe the ontological religious argument.
6. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
7. Describe "Critique of Practical Reason" and "Critique of Judgment".
8. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
9. What was the effect of Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason"?
10. Describe Kant's published life.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)