|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) Fido is a property.
(b) Brown is a property.
(c) The act of having is a property.
(d) The sentence does not include a property.
2. What is described as something which exists dependently upon a substance?
3. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
4. What is theology?
(a) The study of the universe.
(b) The study of the soul.
(c) The study of people.
(d) The study of God.
5. What is the problem with Descartes' certain knowledge?
(a) It assumes that humans think.
(b) It assumes that existence warrants thinking.
(c) It assumes that breathing warrants thinking.
(d) It assumes the existence of a self.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kant borrow the term 'apperception' from?
2. When beginning an argument, what did Kant appeal to?
3. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
4. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
5. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's basic political belief.
2. What are Kant's categories of thought?
3. What was the effect of Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason"?
4. According to Kant, what is at the root of morality?
5. Describe Kant's categories of metaphysics.
6. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
7. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
8. Which philosopher took the most extravagant interpretation of Kant's views, and why?
9. What did Kant think about marriage?
10. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)