|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of antinomy?
(a) The cat is on the chair. The cat is not on the chair.
(b) The cat is gray. Another cat is also gray.
(c) The dog is brown. The dog has white spots.
(d) The cat eats food. The cat drinks water.
2. Which of the following did Hume deny?
(a) The existence of the world.
(b) The existence of ethics.
(c) The existence of the self.
(d) The existence of logic.
3. Which type of argument about religion did Kant believe had little weight?
(a) Ontological arguments.
(b) Cosmological arguments.
(c) Scientific arguments.
(d) Arguments from design.
4. According to Kant, what is essential to the development of an ethical theory?
(a) Existence of God.
(b) Existence of soul.
(c) Existence of phenomena.
(d) Existence of noumena.
5. What do phenomena represent?
(a) Irrational beings.
(b) Real objects.
(d) Rational beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
2. Which of the following would have best described Kant?
3. Whose theories greatly influenced Kant's metaphysical system?
4. What is described as something which exists dependently upon a substance?
5. What did Kant have published before 1781?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Kant, what should the government's role be?
2. Describe Kant's categorical imperative.
3. How did Kant describe the concept of humanity as superimposed on one's perception?
4. According to Kant, how is beauty judged?
5. What is apperception?
6. Describe the ontological religious argument.
7. What was Leibniz's argument about reason?
8. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
9. Describe Kant's time in school.
10. How did Kant and Descartes compare and contrast on theories relating to substance and property?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)