|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
(a) Existence is a perfection.
(b) Existence warrants perfection.
(c) Perfection only exists in one entity.
(d) A creator of the world must exist.
2. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
(d) Harness maker.
3. Why does noumena serve a negative role in Kant's philosophy?
(a) Kant's system does not acknowledge the existence of noumena.
(b) It is logically impossible to know what a thing is in itself.
(c) Noumena are generally negative objects.
(d) It is logically impossible to know what role noumena play in phenomena.
4. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
(a) Real and unreal.
(b) False and accurate.
(c) Rational and irrational.
(d) Analytic and synthetic.
5. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kant borrow the term 'apperception' from?
2. What did "Critique of Practical Reason" deal with?
3. How many times did Kant come close to marriage?
4. What statement sums up Descartes' certain piece of knowledge?
5. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kant's published life.
2. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
3. What did Kant think about marriage?
4. What does the following statement mean? Existence is not a predicate of perfection.
5. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
6. What did Hume argue about reason?
7. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
8. What is objective knowledge?
9. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
10. Describe mistakes as they are described in the reading.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)