|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Kant believe was right about objective knowledge?
(a) Both Leibniz and Hume were half right.
2. What was a result of "Critique of Reason" being difficult to read?
(a) Kant became angry and insulted his readers.
(b) Kant released a supplemental work.
(c) Kant had another philosopher translate it.
(d) Kant translated and re-released his work.
3. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
4. What is cosmology?
(a) The study of the universe.
(b) The study of God.
(c) The study of the soul.
(d) The study of people.
5. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) Fido is a property.
(b) The act of having is a property.
(c) Brown is a property.
(d) The sentence does not include a property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics?
2. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
3. What did Descartes argue was the first and most certain piece of knowledge?
4. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
5. For Hume to believe something, what did he need?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kant think about marriage?
2. What are Kant's categories of thought?
3. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
4. Why is Descartes' "certain knowledge" a problem?
5. What are antinomies?
6. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
7. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
8. Describe the purpose of Kant's subjective argument.
9. What is objective knowledge?
10. Describe Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)