|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
(b) Harness maker.
2. Why does noumena serve a negative role in Kant's philosophy?
(a) It is logically impossible to know what a thing is in itself.
(b) Noumena are generally negative objects.
(c) It is logically impossible to know what role noumena play in phenomena.
(d) Kant's system does not acknowledge the existence of noumena.
3. Unlike Descartes, what was Kant unwilling to draw the conclusion that he was?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A property.
(c) A self.
(d) A substance.
4. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
5. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food was used as an example to imply the unchanged existence of some medium?
2. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
3. Which of the following is described as being inaccessible to humanity?
4. For Kant to have had any possibility of objective knowledge, what must have been true?
5. What question did Kant's subjective argument begin with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apperception?
2. Describe the ontological religious argument.
3. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
4. What are antinomies?
5. Describe Kant's time in school.
6. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
7. Why did the second version of "Critique of Pure Reason" fail?
8. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
9. Why did Kant believe the present was the most privileged time period?
10. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)