|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Kant come close to marriage?
2. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
3. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
(a) He agreed with him so much.
(b) He thought Leibniz was more intelligent than Hume.
(c) He had so many disagreements with him.
(d) He sided with Leibniz over Hume.
4. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
(d) United States of America.
5. When did Kant publish "Prolegomena to any Future metaphysic which shall lay Claim to being a Science"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with Descartes' certain knowledge?
2. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
3. What was a result of "Critique of Reason" being difficult to read?
4. What type of truth is one that is known before any experience?
5. What did Kant compare the knowledge of a soul to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Kant considered to be eccentric?
2. Describe Kant's view of religious arguments.
3. What is the difference between a substance and a property? Give an example of each.
4. What did Hume argue about reason?
5. What type of questions did Kant believe that "Critique of Pure Reason" answered?
6. What distinctions did Kant set forth to classify truths?
7. Why aren't Kant's arguments about the unity of apperception sound?
8. What is apperception?
9. How did Kant react to the arguments from Hume and Leibniz?
10. Describe Kant's career as a professor.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)