Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was described as being an object itself?
2. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
(a) One's fears.
(b) One's intelligence.
(c) One's experience.
(d) One's faith.
3. What question did Kant's subjective argument begin with?
(a) How can philosophers define existence?
(b) How can experience be defined?
(c) What are the prerequisites for experience?
(d) What are the self's prerequisites for existence?
4. Which of the following is an example of antinomy?
(a) The dog is brown. The dog has white spots.
(b) The cat eats food. The cat drinks water.
(c) The cat is on the chair. The cat is not on the chair.
(d) The cat is gray. Another cat is also gray.
5. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
6. What is described as something which exists dependently upon a substance?
7. Where was David Hume from?
8. Which of the following is described as being inaccessible to humanity?
(a) The animal kingdom.
(b) The world.
9. Which of the following is true about the statement "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) The act of having is a substance.
(b) Fido is a substance.
(c) Brown is a substance.
(d) Spots is a substance.
10. Which of the following did Kant establish?
(a) Perception is irrelevant to philosophy.
(b) Reality is a small aspect of perception.
(c) The self is simply a perception.
(d) Perception is related to the world.
11. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
(c) United States of America.
12. What are physic-theological arguments?
(a) Ontological arguments.
(b) Arguments from design.
(c) Arguments against the existence of God.
(d) Cosmological arguments.
13. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
(a) It asserted the existence of analytic a priori truths.
(b) It asserted the existence of synthetic a priori truths.
(c) It asserted the existence of analytic a posteriori truths.
(d) It asserted the existence of synthetic a posteriori truths.
14. What did Kant become after attending school?
15. In what year was Kant born?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
2. What did Kant say is a privileged place in perception?
3. What did the "transcendental unity of apperception" begin?
4. What is theology?
5. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)