|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Kant believe was right about objective knowledge?
(c) Both Leibniz and Hume were half right.
2. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
(a) Redness is a predicate of an apple.
(b) Existence is a perfection.
(c) Existence does not imply a predicate.
(d) The ontological argument fails.
3. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
4. How old was Kant when "Critique of Pure Reason" was published?
5. What is cosmology?
(a) The study of people.
(b) The study of the soul.
(c) The study of the universe.
(d) The study of God.
6. For Hume to believe something, what did he need?
(a) Inferential evidence.
(b) Infallible belief.
(d) Empirical evidence.
7. What is rational psychology?
(a) The study of the universe.
(b) The study of metaphysics.
(c) The study of paranormal activity.
(d) The study of the soul.
8. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
(a) He agreed with him so much.
(b) He thought Leibniz was more intelligent than Hume.
(c) He sided with Leibniz over Hume.
(d) He had so many disagreements with him.
9. Which of the following best describes Kant's categories of thought?
(a) Perceptions of existence.
(b) Categories of self-consciousness.
(c) Qualities of perception.
(d) Modes of understanding.
10. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
(a) It was necessary for a philosophical lifestyle.
(b) He worked too hard to have relationships.
(c) It was necessary to avoid getting hurt.
(d) It was necessary to be intelligent.
11. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
(a) "Critique of Judgment."
(b) "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals."
(c) "Critique of Pure Reason."
(d) "Critique of Practical Reason."
12. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
13. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
(a) Real and unreal.
(b) Rational and irrational.
(c) False and accurate.
(d) Analytic and synthetic.
14. Which of the following statements about Kant is true?
(a) Kant did not believe one could view one's own soul as an object.
(b) Kant believed the soul was a phenomenon.
(c) Kant believed the soul was a noumenon.
(d) Kant believed that proving the existence of a soul would prove the existence of God.
15. When did Kant publish "Prolegomena to any Future metaphysic which shall lay Claim to being a Science"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose philosophies did Kant revive in the distinction between practical and theoretical knowledge?
2. What did Kant have published before 1781?
3. What did Kant compare the knowledge of a soul to?
4. What was Kant's fundamental question of metaphysics?
5. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)