|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
2. What is rational psychology?
(a) The study of metaphysics.
(b) The study of the universe.
(c) The study of the soul.
(d) The study of paranormal activity.
3. What is the name of the philosopher who wrote Meditations?
4. When did Kant publish "Prolegomena to any Future metaphysic which shall lay Claim to being a Science"?
5. What is cosmology?
(a) The study of God.
(b) The study of people.
(c) The study of the universe.
(d) The study of the soul.
6. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
(a) Existence is a perfection.
(b) A creator of the world must exist.
(c) Perfection only exists in one entity.
(d) Existence warrants perfection.
7. What does every mistake share?
(a) Attempting to go beyond the boundaries of experience.
(b) Attempting to use conditioned knowledge.
(c) Attempting to use perspective.
(d) Attempting to make the right decision.
8. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
(a) He thought Leibniz was more intelligent than Hume.
(b) He agreed with him so much.
(c) He had so many disagreements with him.
(d) He sided with Leibniz over Hume.
9. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
(a) A posteriori.
(c) A priori.
10. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
11. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
12. What do phenomena represent?
(a) Real objects.
(c) Rational beings.
(d) Irrational beings.
13. What type of truth is "a square has four sides"?
14. Who did Kant believe was right about objective knowledge?
(d) Both Leibniz and Hume were half right.
15. Whose theories greatly influenced Kant's metaphysical system?
(b) Isaac Newton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described by something whose existence is not dependent upon anything else?
2. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
3. What did the "transcendental unity of apperception" begin?
4. What type of truth is one that is known before any experience?
5. What did "Critique of Practical Reason" deal with?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)