|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Critique of Practical Reason" published?
2. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
(a) It asserted the existence of synthetic a priori truths.
(b) It asserted the existence of analytic a posteriori truths.
(c) It asserted the existence of analytic a priori truths.
(d) It asserted the existence of synthetic a posteriori truths.
3. According to Kant, what does the notion of change imply?
(a) Some mediums are unchanged.
(b) Some mediums will only exist in the future.
(c) Some mediums are constantly changing.
(d) Some mediums only exist in the past.
4. What did Kant become after attending school?
5. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
(a) One's experience.
(b) One's intelligence.
(c) One's fears.
(d) One's faith.
6. What was described as being an object itself?
7. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
8. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
(b) A variety of disciplines.
9. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
(a) A creator of the world must exist.
(b) Existence warrants perfection.
(c) Existence is a perfection.
(d) Perfection only exists in one entity.
10. What is cosmology?
(a) The study of the soul.
(b) The study of people.
(c) The study of the universe.
(d) The study of God.
11. What was described as the appearance of objects?
12. What does every mistake share?
(a) Attempting to use perspective.
(b) Attempting to use conditioned knowledge.
(c) Attempting to make the right decision.
(d) Attempting to go beyond the boundaries of experience.
13. What question did Kant's subjective argument begin with?
(a) How can experience be defined?
(b) How can philosophers define existence?
(c) What are the prerequisites for experience?
(d) What are the self's prerequisites for existence?
14. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
(a) Redness is a predicate of an apple.
(b) The ontological argument fails.
(c) Existence does not imply a predicate.
(d) Existence is a perfection.
15. What did Descartes argue was the first and most certain piece of knowledge?
(a) One has an identity.
(b) One is a human being.
(c) One is a thinking self.
(d) One is an intelligent self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kant's subjective argument concern?
2. What do phenomena represent?
3. Which of the following statements about Kant is true?
4. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
5. Which of the following did Kant establish?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)