|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Kant when "Critique of Pure Reason" was published?
2. What is described by something whose existence is not dependent upon anything else?
3. What do phenomena represent?
(a) Irrational beings.
(c) Real objects.
(d) Rational beings.
4. What did Kant's objective argument concern?
(a) The existence of the self outside the mind.
(b) The content of the self.
(c) The existence of self-consciousness.
(d) The content of synthetic a priori knowledge.
5. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
(a) It asserted the existence of synthetic a priori truths.
(b) It asserted the existence of analytic a priori truths.
(c) It asserted the existence of synthetic a posteriori truths.
(d) It asserted the existence of analytic a posteriori truths.
6. When did Kant die?
7. What type of truth is "a square has four sides"?
8. What did Descartes argue was the first and most certain piece of knowledge?
(a) One is a thinking self.
(b) One is an intelligent self.
(c) One is a human being.
(d) One has an identity.
9. What was described as being an object itself?
10. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
11. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
(a) He thought Leibniz was more intelligent than Hume.
(b) He sided with Leibniz over Hume.
(c) He had so many disagreements with him.
(d) He agreed with him so much.
12. Who did Kant borrow the term 'apperception' from?
13. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) The sentence does not include a property.
(b) Fido is a property.
(c) Brown is a property.
(d) The act of having is a property.
14. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
(a) One's faith.
(b) One's intelligence.
(c) One's experience.
(d) One's fears.
15. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Kant establish?
2. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
3. What is cosmology?
4. What did Kant become after attending school?
5. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)