|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the statement "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) Fido is a substance.
(b) The act of having is a substance.
(c) Spots is a substance.
(d) Brown is a substance.
2. Which of the following is an example of antinomy?
(a) The cat is on the chair. The cat is not on the chair.
(b) The dog is brown. The dog has white spots.
(c) The cat is gray. Another cat is also gray.
(d) The cat eats food. The cat drinks water.
3. Who did Kant believe was right about objective knowledge?
(a) Both Leibniz and Hume were half right.
4. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
(a) It was necessary to avoid getting hurt.
(b) It was necessary to be intelligent.
(c) He worked too hard to have relationships.
(d) It was necessary for a philosophical lifestyle.
5. What was described as the appearance of objects?
6. Which of the following best describes Kant's categories of thought?
(a) Perceptions of existence.
(b) Categories of self-consciousness.
(c) Modes of understanding.
(d) Qualities of perception.
7. When Kant attempted to use the unity of apperception to prove facts about the world, who admitted that these arguments were not generally philosophically sound?
8. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
9. What did Kant's objective argument concern?
(a) The existence of the self outside the mind.
(b) The content of synthetic a priori knowledge.
(c) The content of the self.
(d) The existence of self-consciousness.
10. In what year was Kant born?
11. What did Leibniz argue could allow us to know almost everything about the world?
12. Whose theories greatly influenced Kant's metaphysical system?
(c) Isaac Newton.
13. What type of religious arguments was Kant most interested in?
(a) Arguments against church's relevance.
(b) Arguments against God's existence.
(c) Arguments given for God's existence.
(d) Arguments for church's relevance.
14. When did Kant die?
15. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
2. When was "Critique of Practical Reason" published?
3. In which groups did "Critique of Pure Reason" cause a stir?
4. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
5. What is the problem with Descartes' certain knowledge?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)