|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
2. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
(a) Historical arguments.
(b) Arguments from design.
(c) Cosmological arguments.
(d) Ontological arguments.
3. Which type of argument about religion did Kant believe had little weight?
(a) Scientific arguments.
(b) Cosmological arguments.
(c) Ontological arguments.
(d) Arguments from design.
4. What did "Critique of Practical Reason" deal with?
5. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
6. How many times did Kant come close to marriage?
7. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
(b) A priori.
(c) A posteriori.
8. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
(a) His age.
(b) His economic class.
(c) His faith.
(d) His maturity.
9. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
(a) The ontological argument fails.
(b) Redness is a predicate of an apple.
(c) Existence is a perfection.
(d) Existence does not imply a predicate.
10. What did Kant's subjective argument concern?
(a) Explaining the proof that the self exists.
(b) Proving that the self is a substance.
(c) Explaining the faculties of understanding the self.
(d) Proving that the self is a property.
11. What question did Kant's subjective argument begin with?
(a) How can philosophers define existence?
(b) What are the prerequisites for experience?
(c) How can experience be defined?
(d) What are the self's prerequisites for existence?
12. What did the "transcendental unity of apperception" begin?
(a) The study of substance versus properties.
(b) The study of subjectivity.
(c) Kant's objective argument.
(d) The understanding of "categories of thought".
13. What do phenomena represent?
(a) Irrational beings.
(c) Real objects.
(d) Rational beings.
14. What food was used as an example to imply the unchanged existence of some medium?
15. Which of the following would have best described Kant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
2. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
3. Whose philosophies did Kant revive in the distinction between practical and theoretical knowledge?
4. Where was David Hume from?
5. What is theology?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)