|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Kant to have had any possibility of objective knowledge, what must have been true?
(a) Phenomena and noumena must have been casually related.
(b) Phenomena and properties must have been casually related.
(c) Phenomena and noumena must have been closely related.
(d) Phenomena and substance must have been casually related.
2. What is the name of the philosopher who wrote Meditations?
3. How old was Kant when "Critique of Pure Reason" was published?
4. What was described as being an object itself?
5. What does every mistake share?
(a) Attempting to use perspective.
(b) Attempting to make the right decision.
(c) Attempting to use conditioned knowledge.
(d) Attempting to go beyond the boundaries of experience.
6. When did Kant publish "Prolegomena to any Future metaphysic which shall lay Claim to being a Science"?
7. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
(b) Harness maker.
8. According to Scruton, Kant was the first philosopher since whom to place a significant emphasis on aesthetics?
9. According to the ontological argument, why does God exist?
(a) Existence is a perfection.
(b) Perfection only exists in one entity.
(c) Existence warrants perfection.
(d) A creator of the world must exist.
10. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
(a) University of Koenigsberg.
(b) Uniersity of Paris.
(c) University of New York.
(d) University of Amsterdam.
11. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
(a) His faith.
(b) His maturity.
(c) His age.
(d) His economic class.
12. What is described by something whose existence is not dependent upon anything else?
13. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
14. What is theology?
(a) The study of people.
(b) The study of the universe.
(c) The study of the soul.
(d) The study of God.
15. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
2. What is cosmology?
3. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
4. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
5. What statement sums up Descartes' certain piece of knowledge?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)