|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kant say is a privileged place in perception?
(a) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The present.
2. Which of the following did Kant establish?
(a) The self is simply a perception.
(b) Perception is related to the world.
(c) Perception is irrelevant to philosophy.
(d) Reality is a small aspect of perception.
3. What are physic-theological arguments?
(a) Ontological arguments.
(b) Cosmological arguments.
(c) Arguments from design.
(d) Arguments against the existence of God.
4. Which of the following best describes Kant's categories of thought?
(a) Qualities of perception.
(b) Modes of understanding.
(c) Perceptions of existence.
(d) Categories of self-consciousness.
5. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
(a) "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals."
(b) "Critique of Judgment."
(c) "Critique of Pure Reason."
(d) "Critique of Practical Reason."
6. What do phenomena represent?
(a) Real objects.
(c) Irrational beings.
(d) Rational beings.
7. For Hume to believe something, what did he need?
(b) Infallible belief.
(c) Empirical evidence.
(d) Inferential evidence.
8. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
(c) A variety of disciplines.
9. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
(d) United States of America.
10. Which of the following is true about the statement "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) Fido is a substance.
(b) Brown is a substance.
(c) Spots is a substance.
(d) The act of having is a substance.
11. Which type of argument about religion did Kant believe had little weight?
(a) Arguments from design.
(b) Ontological arguments.
(c) Cosmological arguments.
(d) Scientific arguments.
12. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
(d) Harness maker.
13. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
14. What is rational psychology?
(a) The study of the universe.
(b) The study of paranormal activity.
(c) The study of metaphysics.
(d) The study of the soul.
15. What is the name of the philosopher who wrote Meditations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement sums up Descartes' certain piece of knowledge?
2. According to Scruton, Kant was the first philosopher since whom to place a significant emphasis on aesthetics?
3. What are the statements "Fido is on the couch" and "Fido is not on the couch" examples of?
4. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
5. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)