|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Enlightenment and Law.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the statement "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) Spots is a substance.
(b) The act of having is a substance.
(c) Fido is a substance.
(d) Brown is a substance.
2. What does the paradox freedom highlight a contradiction between?
(a) Transcendental philosophy and universal philosophy.
(b) Universal law of causality and categorical imperatives.
(c) Sense of freedom and universal law of causality.
(d) Hypothetical imperatives and categorical imperatives.
3. Which of the following statements about predicates is not true?
(a) Redness is a predicate of an apple.
(b) Existence is a perfection.
(c) Existence does not imply a predicate.
(d) The ontological argument fails.
4. What was Kant's basic political belief?
(a) One can be creatively free but otherwise conservative.
(b) One can do anything they would like as long as they are faithful to the church's orders.
(c) One can never do anything to harm the government or country's image.
(d) One can do anything they would like as long as they do not interfere with another's freedom.
5. How did Kant view acting in accordance with one's actions?
(a) It was unethical.
(b) It was bad.
(c) It was neutral.
(d) It was good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are antinomies the logical fallacies of?
2. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
3. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
4. Which of the following represented a difficulty for Kant because he wanted to classify it as practical reason?
5. What is the category for something considered to be trivially true?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)