|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Enlightenment and Law.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cosmology?
(a) The study of God.
(b) The study of the universe.
(c) The study of people.
(d) The study of the soul.
2. Before Kant could ground an ethical theory, what did he first have to resolve?
(b) Hypothetical imperatives.
(c) Paradox freedom.
(d) Categorical imperatives.
3. What philosophical school did Leibniz belong to?
4. What type of truth is "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) A posteriori.
(b) A priori.
5. How did Kant believe that humans see the world?
(a) As a field of action.
(b) As a spectrum of experiences.
(c) As a series of insignificant actions.
(d) As an imperative statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one assume if they consider the universe in its totality?
2. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
3. Which of the following is not considered anti-social behavior as a result of Kant's third formulation of the categorical imperative in modern society?
4. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
5. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)