|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Beauty and Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
2. Why does noumena serve a negative role in Kant's philosophy?
(a) Kant's system does not acknowledge the existence of noumena.
(b) Noumena are generally negative objects.
(c) It is logically impossible to know what role noumena play in phenomena.
(d) It is logically impossible to know what a thing is in itself.
3. What does Kant's ethical system sometimes defy?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) The law.
(c) His own sensibilities.
(d) Common sense.
4. Which of the following truths is considered to be more substantive?
5. What did Kant have published before 1781?
(a) A few unremarkable, short books.
(b) "Critique of Pure Reason".
(d) "Critique of Judgment".
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes a person from the rest of existence?
2. What does the paradox freedom highlight a contradiction between?
3. In an aesthetic situation that is not ideal, how does one judge?
4. Which of the following was Kant a determined opponent of?
5. What does "Critique of Judgment" influence?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)