|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Beauty and Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Kant could ground an ethical theory, what did he first have to resolve?
(a) Hypothetical imperatives.
(c) Paradox freedom.
(d) Categorical imperatives.
2. What describes the third formulation of Kant's categorical imperative?
(a) One should treat others with respect.
(b) One should act as if his actions were legislating a law.
(c) One should obey the law.
(d) One should treat others as they wish to be treated.
3. Which of the following is an example of antinomy?
(a) The cat eats food. The cat drinks water.
(b) The cat is gray. Another cat is also gray.
(c) The dog is brown. The dog has white spots.
(d) The cat is on the chair. The cat is not on the chair.
4. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
(a) Rational and irrational.
(b) Analytic and synthetic.
(c) False and accurate.
(d) Real and unreal.
5. Which of the following did Kant establish?
(a) Perception is irrelevant to philosophy.
(b) Reality is a small aspect of perception.
(c) The self is simply a perception.
(d) Perception is related to the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike Descartes, what was Kant unwilling to draw the conclusion that he was?
2. What does Kant's ethical system sometimes defy?
3. What was the reason Kant's "Critique of Judgment" did not fail?
4. What are imperative statements?
5. Which of the following did Hume deny?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)