|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Transcendental Deduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a result of "Critique of Reason" being difficult to read?
(a) Kant had another philosopher translate it.
(b) Kant released a supplemental work.
(c) Kant translated and re-released his work.
(d) Kant became angry and insulted his readers.
2. When was "Critique of Practical Reason" published?
3. Which of the following is true about the statement "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) Fido is a substance.
(b) Spots is a substance.
(c) Brown is a substance.
(d) The act of having is a substance.
4. What type of truth is "a square has four sides"?
5. When beginning an argument, what did Kant appeal to?
(a) The most basic sense of integrity.
(b) The sense of intelligence.
(c) The most basic facts.
(d) The most extraordinary facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Critique of Practical Reason" deal with?
2. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
3. What did Descartes argue was the first and most certain piece of knowledge?
4. In which groups did "Critique of Pure Reason" cause a stir?
5. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)