|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Enlightenment and Law.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kant, how many people perceive the same aesthetic object the same way?
(a) One pair.
(d) One person and God.
2. According to Kant, what does the notion of change imply?
(a) Some mediums only exist in the past.
(b) Some mediums will only exist in the future.
(c) Some mediums are unchanged.
(d) Some mediums are constantly changing.
3. How does "Critique of Judgment" differ from "Critique of Pure Reason"?
(a) "Pure Reason" was more widely acclaimed.
(b) "Pure Reason" was more difficult to read.
(c) "Judgment" had stronger arguments.
(d) "Judgement" was written well, but "Pure Reason" was not.
4. What did Kant become after attending school?
5. Which of the following describes why Kant saw beauty as objective?
(a) The judgments are not of substances, but merely of properties.
(b) The judgments are of works of art.
(c) The judgments are correct appraisals of a unique interpretation.
(d) The judgments are all false, as aesthetics do not truly exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
2. Why did Kant say that empirically, humans are not free?
3. What was one of the last topics Kant addressed before his death?
4. What is the concept of humanity superimposed upon?
5. When was "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals" published?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)