|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Enlightenment and Law.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what historical period was Kant considered well-known and influential?
(a) American settlement.
(b) European Wars.
(c) European Crusades.
(d) European Enlightenment.
2. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
(a) He sided with Leibniz over Hume.
(b) He agreed with him so much.
(c) He thought Leibniz was more intelligent than Hume.
(d) He had so many disagreements with him.
3. The example in the reading pertaining to perception is that one sees a person, not just their ____.
(a) Biological system.
4. What type of truth is "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) A posteriori.
(c) A priori.
5. What did Kant consider to be the basis for moral dignity?
(a) Logical autonomy.
(b) Rational autonomy.
(c) Unreasonable autonomy.
(d) Synthetic autonomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
2. Which argument did Kant refuse to take as solid philosophical demonstration?
3. What do all religious arguments collapse into, according to Kant?
4. What did Kant want to require of each law?
5. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)