|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Transcendental Deduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of truth is "Fido has brown spots"?
(b) A posteriori.
(d) A priori.
2. According to Scruton, Kant was the first philosopher since whom to place a significant emphasis on aesthetics?
3. What food was used as an example to imply the unchanged existence of some medium?
4. Despite being dedicated to reason, which of the following described Kant?
5. What is the problem with Descartes' certain knowledge?
(a) It assumes that existence warrants thinking.
(b) It assumes that humans think.
(c) It assumes the existence of a self.
(d) It assumes that breathing warrants thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When beginning an argument, what did Kant appeal to?
2. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
3. Which of the following is true about the statement of "Fido has brown spots"?
4. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
5. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)