|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Transcendental Deduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kant attempted to use the unity of apperception to prove facts about the world, who admitted that these arguments were not generally philosophically sound?
2. Where was David Hume from?
3. According to Scruton, Kant was the first philosopher since whom to place a significant emphasis on aesthetics?
4. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
5. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
(a) It was necessary for a philosophical lifestyle.
(b) It was necessary to be intelligent.
(c) He worked too hard to have relationships.
(d) It was necessary to avoid getting hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
2. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
3. When was "Critique of Practical Reason" published?
4. In which groups did "Critique of Pure Reason" cause a stir?
5. What are the first types of truths, according to Kant?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)