|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Transcendental Deduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kant attempted to use the unity of apperception to prove facts about the world, who admitted that these arguments were not generally philosophically sound?
2. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
(a) One's experience.
(b) One's fears.
(c) One's intelligence.
(d) One's faith.
3. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
(a) "Critique of Judgment."
(b) "Critique of Practical Reason."
(c) "Critique of Pure Reason."
(d) "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals."
4. What type of perception does 'apperception' refer to?
(a) Perception of a substance.
(b) Perception of the self.
(c) Perception of a property.
(d) Perception of a group of people.
5. What did Kant's objective argument concern?
(a) The existence of self-consciousness.
(b) The existence of the self outside the mind.
(c) The content of synthetic a priori knowledge.
(d) The content of the self.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
2. What did Leibniz argue could allow us to know almost everything about the world?
3. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
4. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
5. What type of truth is "a square has four sides"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)