|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Categorical Imperative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kant, what does it mean to act in accordance with one's desires?
(a) Surrender of sovereignty.
(c) Freedom paradox.
2. How did Kant believe that humans see the world?
(a) As a field of action.
(b) As an imperative statement.
(c) As a spectrum of experiences.
(d) As a series of insignificant actions.
3. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
(a) His age.
(b) His faith.
(c) His maturity.
(d) His economic class.
4. What are hypothetical imperatives?
(a) Statements that revolve around properties rather than substances.
(b) Statements that place a condition or quality imperative.
(c) Statements that are unqualified.
(d) Statements that are paradoxes.
5. Which of the following is described as being inaccessible to humanity?
(a) The animal kingdom.
(b) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kant believed that what was at the root of all morality?
2. Which of the following did Kant approach in a curious way?
3. For Kant to have had any possibility of objective knowledge, what must have been true?
4. Before Kant could ground an ethical theory, what did he first have to resolve?
5. According to Scruton, Kant was the first philosopher since whom to place a significant emphasis on aesthetics?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)