Chapter 1: Life, Works, and Character
1. Where was Immanuel Kant born?
(a) United States of America.
2. In what year was Kant born?
3. What was the occupation of Kant's father?
(d) Harness maker.
4. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
(a) His age.
(b) His faith.
(c) His economic class.
(d) His maturity.
5. Which of the following is true about Kant's time in school?
(a) He enjoyed spending time with his peers.
(b) He enjoyed talking to the teachers.
(c) He hated his time in school.
(d) He hated learning, but his teachers encouraged him.
6. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
(a) University of Amsterdam.
(b) Uniersity of Paris.
(c) University of New York.
(d) University of Koenigsberg.
7. What did Kant become after attending school?
8. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
(d) A variety of disciplines.
9. What did Kant have published before 1781?
(a) "Critique of Pure Reason".
(b) "Critique of Judgment".
(c) A few unremarkable, short books.
This section contains 4,122 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)