Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
2. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
3. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
4. Where does Duncan return to two days after Christmas in Part IV, Chapter 60?
5. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
Alexander and Sallie are hastily married and they both have conflicting feelings about it. They are both important characters to the story. Examine Alexander and Sallie's relationship throughout the story. How did Alexander and Sallie meet? Is Sallie nervous about taking Alexander home to meet her family? Why? How does Alexander feel about being married compared to how Sallie feels? Why do Alexander and Sallie grow apart? Do they ever get a divorce?
In "Jacob's Ladder", at some point each character deals with having to decide what is honorable. Explore the theme of honor in the novel and discuss how it relates to the different characters. How important is it for the characters not to lose their honor during war? Why is being honorable important? Is Alexander as honorable as Duncan is? Where in the text does Catesby show that he is honorable?
Jesse is one of the main characters in "Jacob's Ladder" and is a slave of Samuel Gatewood's. He has been trying to find Maggie ever since she was sold. Analyze the character of Jesse and his importance in the story. Why does Jesse keep trying to run away? How is Jesse treated as a slave? How does Jesse feel about the war? What kind of person is Jesse? How has Jesse affected Maggie?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)