|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite invite the girl that is interviewing her to at her home that night?
(a) Her New Year's Eve party.
(b) Her son's birthday party.
(c) Her birthday party.
(d) Her anniversary party.
2. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
(a) That they should join the army for vengeance against the Confederates.
(b) That they should join the army or become slaves again.
(c) That they are not good enough to join the army, but they will take them anyway.
(d) That they must join the army or starve to death.
3. Which servant leaves Marguerite on the road after the incident with the Union soldiers?
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
5. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's crew of blockade-runners?
2. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
3. How is Catesby killed in battle?
4. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
5. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the renegades stopped the Danzinger family and Alexander's buggy in Part IV, Chapter 44?
2. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
3. How does Marguerite take control of the situation when Mingo leaves Kizzy pregnant and distraught on the road out of Wilmington?
4. Where does Jesse take Duncan after getting him out of the Confederate prison?
5. What does Silas tell his crew before he leaves to Richmond in Part IV, Chapter 57?
6. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
7. What does the army recruiter say that convinces Jesse to join the Union army?
8. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
9. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
10. What happens at the Appomattox Courthouse that Duncan and Thomas Byrd are present at in Part IV, Chapter 68?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)