|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's crew of blockade-runners?
(a) The Crazy Harry.
(b) The Wild Darrell.
(c) The Wild Farrell.
(d) The Crazy Perry.
2. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a beaten people."
(b) They will be "a conquered people."
(c) They will be "a demolished people."
(d) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
3. What do the Union soldiers take from Marguerite and her servants as they are preparing to leave the city?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their cow and jewelry.
(c) Money and their horses.
(d) Bags of clothing.
4. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
5. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
(b) 4th of July.
(d) New Years Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alexander's explanation for why he is a member of the renegade group?
2. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
3. Where is Duncan staying at the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 60?
4. What happens to Jesse and several other black soldiers after they are captured by the Confederates in Part IV, Chapter 56?
5. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silas tell Marguerite in a letter in Part IV, Chapter 61?
2. What does Silas tell his crew before he leaves to Richmond in Part IV, Chapter 57?
3. What does Jesse learn that the surgeon name Potts has done that upsets him?
4. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
5. What happens when Duncan meets Confederate President Davis at an event he attends with Sallie?
6. While leading the A Company near Fairfax City, Virginia, what does the surgeon named Potts remind Jesse to have his men do?
7. What happens at the Appomattox Courthouse that Duncan and Thomas Byrd are present at in Part IV, Chapter 68?
8. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
9. Why have the renegades stopped the Danzinger family and Alexander's buggy in Part IV, Chapter 44?
10. What does Sallie realize about her Cousin Molly's attitude in Part IV, Chapter 50?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)