|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of ham.
(b) A piece of bacon.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) A piece of bread.
2. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He wishes he could talk to him.
(b) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(c) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(d) He does not sit well in a saddle.
3. Which servant leaves Marguerite on the road after the incident with the Union soldiers?
4. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
(a) Long sleeved shirts.
(b) Shirts with buttons.
(c) Neckwear that requires tying.
(d) Shoes with laces.
5. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) They capture several Union soldiers.
(b) They are captured and several of them are killed.
(c) They escape into the forest and decide to live there.
(d) They surrender to the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
2. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
3. What is the Confederate President's answer to Duncan's question at the event?
4. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
5. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sallie realize about her Cousin Molly's attitude in Part IV, Chapter 50?
2. What does the army recruiter say that convinces Jesse to join the Union army?
3. Duncan runs into Midge, now Marguerite Omohundru, at an event, what do they talk about in their private conversation?
4. What happens when Duncan meets Confederate President Davis at an event he attends with Sallie?
5. After telling his wife, Leona, in a letter that he has become a Christian, what does Catesby urge his wife, Leona, to do?
6. After being captured, what does Alexander say when one of the officers asks him what happened to make him fall into this group?
7. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
8. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
9. Where does Jesse take Duncan after getting him out of the Confederate prison?
10. What does the girl that is interviewing Marguerite tell her she is getting continual pressure to do in Part III, Chapter 39?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)