|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Near Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Near the Lexington school house in Virginia.
2. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A piece of ham.
(d) A piece of bread.
3. Which of Marguerite's servants is pregnant?
4. What does Marguerite demand from the bank after she notices Silas's invoices were not filed correctly?
(a) That they pay her back with interest.
(b) That they file Silas's invoices correctly.
(c) That they convert his assets to gold currency instead of Confederate money or cotton pledges.
(d) That they convert his assess to silver currency instead of Confederate money.
5. Where does Duncan return to two days after Christmas in Part IV, Chapter 60?
Short Answer Questions
1. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
2. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
3. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
4. Who stumbles into Alexander's camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
5. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silas tell Marguerite in a letter in Part IV, Chapter 61?
2. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
4. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
5. While leading the A Company near Fairfax City, Virginia, what does the surgeon named Potts remind Jesse to have his men do?
6. What does Silas tell his crew before he leaves to Richmond in Part IV, Chapter 57?
7. After being captured, what does Alexander say when one of the officers asks him what happened to make him fall into this group?
8. What happens when Duncan meets Confederate President Davis at an event he attends with Sallie?
9. Where does Jesse take Duncan after getting him out of the Confederate prison?
10. What does Jesse learn that the surgeon name Potts has done that upsets him?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)