|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
(a) "The Union soldiers will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(b) "I will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(c) Georgians will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(d) "Virginians would fight until every man and boy was dead."
2. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
3. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
(b) Bonnie Blue Flag.
(c) Here's Your Mule.
(d) Southern Wagon.
4. What does Marguerite tell her remaining servant after the other servant leaves them on the road in Part IV, Chapter 62?
(a) That it's not worth crying over a woman like Karla.
(b) That it's not worth crying over a man like Manny.
(c) That it's not worth crying over a woman like Kizzy.
(d) That it's not worth crying over a man like Mingo.
5. What is the name of Catesby's bunkmate in Part III, Chapter 42?
(a) Private Mitchell.
(b) Private Randall.
(c) Private Mark.
(d) Private Russell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
2. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
3. What do the Union soldiers take from Marguerite and her servants as they are preparing to leave the city?
4. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
5. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silas tell Marguerite in a letter in Part IV, Chapter 61?
2. After telling his wife, Leona, in a letter that he has become a Christian, what does Catesby urge his wife, Leona, to do?
3. What does Jesse learn that the surgeon name Potts has done that upsets him?
4. While leading the A Company near Fairfax City, Virginia, what does the surgeon named Potts remind Jesse to have his men do?
5. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
6. Where does Jesse take Duncan after getting him out of the Confederate prison?
7. Duncan runs into Midge, now Marguerite Omohundru, at an event, what do they talk about in their private conversation?
8. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
9. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
10. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)