|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
(b) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
(c) He is sick a lot.
(d) He is crippled.
2. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
(b) Praying and crying.
3. How old is the newspaper that Jesse reads to his men about the Gettysburg Address?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What does Jesse believe will be important for the success of his race?
(c) Hard work.
5. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Baptist.
(b) A Protestant.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A Lutheran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
2. What does Silas promise to Marguerite before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
3. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
4. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
5. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Duncan runs into Midge, now Marguerite Omohundru, at an event, what do they talk about in their private conversation?
2. What happens at the Appomattox Courthouse that Duncan and Thomas Byrd are present at in Part IV, Chapter 68?
3. What does Duncan tell Sallie about Midge when she comes to visit him in the hospital?
4. Why have the renegades stopped the Danzinger family and Alexander's buggy in Part IV, Chapter 44?
5. After being captured, what does Alexander say when one of the officers asks him what happened to make him fall into this group?
6. What do Marguerite's grown children tell the girl who has been interviewing her at the birthday party?
7. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
8. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
9. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
10. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)