|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
(a) He is discharged from the army for his actions.
(b) He does not get in trouble.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He is put in jail.
2. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her story to another newspaper.
(c) The bank.
(d) Her jewelry.
3. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He is shot several times in the chest.
(b) He takes his own life.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is stabbed in the stomach.
4. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
(a) When the fighting will stop.
(b) Why the war had to happen.
(c) Why the men are clothed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(d) Why the men are fed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
5. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
(a) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's insistence that she remain away from society as much as possible.
(b) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's attitude about his long hours at work.
(c) She is flirting with a lot of his men.
(d) He does not like her son Jacob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
3. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
4. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
5. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
2. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
3. What does Silas tell his crew before he leaves to Richmond in Part IV, Chapter 57?
4. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
5. Where does Jesse take Duncan after getting him out of the Confederate prison?
6. How does Catesby die after the battle in Spotsylvania?
7. Duncan runs into Midge, now Marguerite Omohundru, at an event, what do they talk about in their private conversation?
8. What does Duncan tell Sallie about Midge when she comes to visit him in the hospital?
9. What do Marguerite's grown children tell the girl who has been interviewing her at the birthday party?
10. What does the girl that is interviewing Marguerite tell her she is getting continual pressure to do in Part III, Chapter 39?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)