|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Master Abraham.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) Savior Abraham.
(d) King Lincoln.
2. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a demolished people."
(b) They will be "a conquered people."
(c) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
(d) They will be "a beaten people."
3. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
(b) Praying and crying.
4. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
5. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
(a) That she must not ever cry or let herself feel for the soldiers.
(b) That she needs to be more compassionate and really feel for the soldiers.
(c) That she needs to realize that her life is also very fragile.
(d) That the nurses can do everything they can for the wounded, but that the nurses themselves must go on living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson did Jesse learn growing up that Duncan did not have to learn?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
3. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
4. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
5. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)