|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Lutheran.
(b) A Baptist.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A Protestant.
2. What does Silas warn Marguerite about before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
(a) About where she will run if Charleston falls to the Union.
(b) About where she will run if Lexington falls to the Union.
(c) About where she will run if Richmond falls to the Union.
(d) About where she will run if Wilmington falls to the Union.
3. Where is Silas killed?
4. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the boy.
(b) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the girl.
(c) He tells Alexander to tie the boy up and take him as their prisoner.
(d) He tells Alexander to shoot the runaway slave.
5. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) A piece of ham.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A piece of cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alexander's explanation for why he is a member of the renegade group?
2. Which servant leaves Marguerite on the road after the incident with the Union soldiers?
3. Where is Duncan staying at the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 60?
4. Where are Marguerite and her servants preparing to leave when they are beset by Union soldiers on the road?
5. Who agrees to marry Duncan while visiting his old home?
Short Essay Questions
1. After telling his wife, Leona, in a letter that he has become a Christian, what does Catesby urge his wife, Leona, to do?
2. Duncan runs into Midge, now Marguerite Omohundru, at an event, what do they talk about in their private conversation?
3. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
4. What do Marguerite's grown children tell the girl who has been interviewing her at the birthday party?
5. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
6. After being captured, what does Alexander say when one of the officers asks him what happened to make him fall into this group?
7. How does Catesby die after the battle in Spotsylvania?
8. What does the army recruiter say that convinces Jesse to join the Union army?
9. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
10. What does the girl that is interviewing Marguerite tell her she is getting continual pressure to do in Part III, Chapter 39?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)