|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse teaching to others in the army before he hears men singing?
2. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A piece of ham.
(c) A piece of bacon.
(d) A piece of bread.
3. Who stumbles into Alexander's camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) A young Union soldier.
(b) A young Confederate soldier.
(c) A runaway male slave.
(d) A runaway female slave.
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
5. What does Silas promise to Marguerite before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) That they will have another child.
(c) To become a better father and husband when he returns.
(d) That he will be the best solider he can be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
2. Why is Silas in the Confederate Army in Part IV, Chapter 61?
3. How does Silas describe the conditions in the Confederate Army?
4. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
5. Where is Duncan staying at the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 60?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Duncan meets Confederate President Davis at an event he attends with Sallie?
2. What happens to the young Union soldier who stumbles into the camp of Alexander and the other renegades in Part IV, Chapter 54?
3. While leading the A Company near Fairfax City, Virginia, what does the surgeon named Potts remind Jesse to have his men do?
4. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
5. What does the army recruiter say that convinces Jesse to join the Union army?
6. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
7. What does Jesse learn that the surgeon name Potts has done that upsets him?
8. Why have the renegades stopped the Danzinger family and Alexander's buggy in Part IV, Chapter 44?
9. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
10. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)