|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
(b) New Years Eve.
(c) 4th of July.
2. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
(a) One of the Confederate renegades.
(b) One of the Union soldiers.
(c) One of the Union renegades.
3. How does Silas describe the conditions in the Confederate Army?
4. What do the Union soldiers tell Marguerite's servants after besetting them on the road?
(a) That they are eventually going to die.
(b) That they should head to Mexico.
(c) That they can come with them.
(d) That they had better turn around and go the other way.
5. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a demolished people."
(b) They will be "a conquered people."
(c) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
(d) They will be "a beaten people."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Duncan see at an event he attends that he manages a private conversation with in Part III, Chapter 43?
2. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
3. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
4. After one of her servants leaves her on the road, what does Marguerite use to carry a small ham and some other small belongings?
5. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Appomattox Courthouse that Duncan and Thomas Byrd are present at in Part IV, Chapter 68?
2. What does Jesse learn that the surgeon name Potts has done that upsets him?
3. What does Duncan tell Sallie happened when the Union and Confederate troops were camped very closely to each other in Part III, Chapter 39?
4. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
5. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
6. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
7. How does Marguerite take control of the situation when Mingo leaves Kizzy pregnant and distraught on the road out of Wilmington?
8. What do Marguerite's grown children tell the girl who has been interviewing her at the birthday party?
9. What does Duncan tell Sallie about Midge when she comes to visit him in the hospital?
10. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)