|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) They escape into the forest and decide to live there.
(b) They are captured and several of them are killed.
(c) They capture several Union soldiers.
(d) They surrender to the enemy.
2. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
3. What do the Union soldiers tell Marguerite's servants after besetting them on the road?
(a) That they can come with them.
(b) That they should head to Mexico.
(c) That they are eventually going to die.
(d) That they had better turn around and go the other way.
4. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
(b) They will be "a conquered people."
(c) They will be "a demolished people."
(d) They will be "a beaten people."
5. What does the young Danzinger boy ask Alexander to do for him after it becomes evident the renegades are going to kill him?
(a) He asks him please to watch over his family for him.
(b) He asks him to tell his family that he loves them and that his younger brother will have to take over as man of the house.
(c) He asks him to tell his sweetheart, Ally, that he loves her.
(d) He asks him to please find his father and tell him to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
2. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
3. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
4. How old is the newspaper that Jesse reads to his men about the Gettysburg Address?
5. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)