|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander seem to be almost proud of at the end of Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) His friends.
(b) His crimes.
(c) His family.
(d) His horse.
2. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
(a) He is discharged from the army for his actions.
(b) He does not get in trouble.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He is put in jail.
3. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of ham.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A piece of bacon.
(d) A piece of bread.
4. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A fort.
(d) A hospital.
5. What do the Union soldiers tell Marguerite's servants after besetting them on the road?
(a) That they can come with them.
(b) That they had better turn around and go the other way.
(c) That they should head to Mexico.
(d) That they are eventually going to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silas describe the conditions in the Confederate Army?
2. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
3. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
4. What happens to Jesse and several other black soldiers after they are captured by the Confederates in Part IV, Chapter 56?
5. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marguerite's grown children tell the girl who has been interviewing her at the birthday party?
2. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
3. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
4. What does Duncan tell Sallie happened when the Union and Confederate troops were camped very closely to each other in Part III, Chapter 39?
5. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
6. How does Marguerite take control of the situation when Mingo leaves Kizzy pregnant and distraught on the road out of Wilmington?
7. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
8. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
9. What does Silas tell his crew before he leaves to Richmond in Part IV, Chapter 57?
10. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)