|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
2. In Part IV, Chapter 63, Sallie writes a letter describing her wedding. To whom does she write her letter?
3. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the boy.
(b) He tells Alexander to shoot the runaway slave.
(c) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the girl.
(d) He tells Alexander to tie the boy up and take him as their prisoner.
4. Where is Silas killed?
5. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
2. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
3. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
4. How is Catesby killed in battle?
5. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
2. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
3. How does Marguerite take control of the situation when Mingo leaves Kizzy pregnant and distraught on the road out of Wilmington?
4. What does Silas tell his crew before he leaves to Richmond in Part IV, Chapter 57?
5. Why have the renegades stopped the Danzinger family and Alexander's buggy in Part IV, Chapter 44?
6. How does Catesby die after the battle in Spotsylvania?
7. Where does Jesse take Duncan after getting him out of the Confederate prison?
8. What does the army recruiter say that convinces Jesse to join the Union army?
9. What does Jesse learn that the surgeon name Potts has done that upsets him?
10. What does the girl that is interviewing Marguerite tell her she is getting continual pressure to do in Part III, Chapter 39?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)