|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby's bunkmate in Part III, Chapter 42?
(a) Private Randall.
(b) Private Mark.
(c) Private Mitchell.
(d) Private Russell.
2. What is the name of Jesse's Captain in the army?
(a) Captain Fessenden.
(b) Captain Farley.
(c) Captain Firestone.
(d) Captain Fessler.
3. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
(b) A fort.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A hospital.
4. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
(a) Making the barracks livable.
(b) Finding food.
(c) Guard watch.
(d) Building a fort.
5. Where is Silas killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
2. What does Silas promise to Marguerite before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
3. Where is Duncan staying at the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 60?
4. Which servant leaves Marguerite on the road after the incident with the Union soldiers?
5. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sallie realize about her Cousin Molly's attitude in Part IV, Chapter 50?
2. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
3. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
4. What do Marguerite's grown children tell the girl who has been interviewing her at the birthday party?
5. What does Duncan tell Sallie happened when the Union and Confederate troops were camped very closely to each other in Part III, Chapter 39?
6. What does Jesse learn that the surgeon name Potts has done that upsets him?
7. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
8. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
9. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
10. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)