|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
(b) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
(c) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(d) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
2. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
(a) Ulysses S Grant.
(b) Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
3. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
4. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
(a) "Virginians would fight until every man and boy was dead."
(b) "I will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(c) Georgians will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(d) "The Union soldiers will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
5. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
(c) Having affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
2. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
3. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
4. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
5. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
2. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
3. After telling his wife, Leona, in a letter that he has become a Christian, what does Catesby urge his wife, Leona, to do?
4. While leading the A Company near Fairfax City, Virginia, what does the surgeon named Potts remind Jesse to have his men do?
5. What happens when Duncan meets Confederate President Davis at an event he attends with Sallie?
6. What does Duncan tell Sallie about Midge when she comes to visit him in the hospital?
7. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
8. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
9. What does Duncan tell Sallie happened when the Union and Confederate troops were camped very closely to each other in Part III, Chapter 39?
10. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)