|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
(a) Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.
(b) Ulysses S Grant.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
2. Who has died in Part IV, Chapter 60, that the grandmother continually prayers about?
3. At the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 51, what are Abigail and Opal planting at the plantation?
4. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
(b) They will be "a beaten people."
(c) They will be "a demolished people."
(d) They will be "a conquered people."
5. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
(b) One of the Union soldiers.
(c) One of the Confederate renegades.
(d) One of the Union renegades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
2. What do the Union soldiers take from Marguerite and her servants as they are preparing to leave the city?
3. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
4. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
5. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
2. What does the girl that is interviewing Marguerite tell her she is getting continual pressure to do in Part III, Chapter 39?
3. What does Duncan tell Sallie happened when the Union and Confederate troops were camped very closely to each other in Part III, Chapter 39?
4. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
5. What happens when Duncan meets Confederate President Davis at an event he attends with Sallie?
6. What does Silas tell Marguerite in a letter in Part IV, Chapter 61?
7. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
8. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
9. After being captured, what does Alexander say when one of the officers asks him what happened to make him fall into this group?
10. What happens to the young Union soldier who stumbles into the camp of Alexander and the other renegades in Part IV, Chapter 54?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)