|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby's bunkmate in Part III, Chapter 42?
(a) Private Randall.
(b) Private Mitchell.
(c) Private Mark.
(d) Private Russell.
2. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a demolished people."
(b) They will be "a conquered people."
(c) They will be "a beaten people."
(d) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
3. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
(a) Jacob Danzinger.
(b) Carl Danzinger.
(c) Seth Danzinger.
(d) Mark Danzinger.
4. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
(a) Wild Darrell.
(b) Crazy Harry.
(c) Silly Sally.
(d) Funny Farrell.
5. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
(a) Near Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Near the Lexington school house in Virginia.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Duncan see at an event he attends that he manages a private conversation with in Part III, Chapter 43?
2. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. What does Silas warn Marguerite about before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
4. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
5. How old is the newspaper that Jesse reads to his men about the Gettysburg Address?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silas tell Marguerite in a letter in Part IV, Chapter 61?
2. After pulling over the Danzinger family's buggy, what do the renegades order Alexander to do after they question Seth about being a spy?
3. What does Sallie realize about her Cousin Molly's attitude in Part IV, Chapter 50?
4. What does Duncan tell Sallie happened when the Union and Confederate troops were camped very closely to each other in Part III, Chapter 39?
5. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
6. While leading the A Company near Fairfax City, Virginia, what does the surgeon named Potts remind Jesse to have his men do?
7. What do Marguerite's grown children tell the girl who has been interviewing her at the birthday party?
8. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
9. What does the army recruiter say that convinces Jesse to join the Union army?
10. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)