|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After one of her servants leaves her on the road, what does Marguerite use to carry a small ham and some other small belongings?
(a) A small cart.
(b) A sling.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A handbag.
2. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is sick a lot.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
(d) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
3. What do the Union soldiers tell Marguerite's servants after besetting them on the road?
(a) That they had better turn around and go the other way.
(b) That they can come with them.
(c) That they should head to Mexico.
(d) That they are eventually going to die.
4. In Part IV, Chapter 63, Sallie writes a letter describing her wedding. To whom does she write her letter?
5. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A piece of ham.
(d) A piece of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
2. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
3. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
4. What does Silas warn Marguerite about before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
5. What does Marguerite invite the girl that is interviewing her to at her home that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catesby die after the battle in Spotsylvania?
2. What do the Union soldiers take when they stop Marguerite and her servants on the road as they leave Wilmington?
3. After telling his wife, Leona, in a letter that he has become a Christian, what does Catesby urge his wife, Leona, to do?
4. How does Marguerite take control of the situation when Mingo leaves Kizzy pregnant and distraught on the road out of Wilmington?
5. Why have the renegades stopped the Danzinger family and Alexander's buggy in Part IV, Chapter 44?
6. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
7. What do the Union soldiers tell Kizzy and Mingo after stopping them on the road as they leave Wilmington?
8. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
9. What happens to Jesse and the other black soldiers who are captured by the Confederates after a battle?
10. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)