|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
2. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Viewmont Hotel.
(b) Crafton's Hotel.
(c) Wilson's Hotel.
(d) Jackson's Hotel.
3. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
4. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Cox's Snow.
(b) Fox's Snow.
(c) Max's Snow.
(d) Rex's Snow.
5. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
3. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
5. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abigail's Cousin Molly bring Sallie when she comes to visit her in jail?
2. What happens the third time that Jesse tries to run away from the Stratford Plantation?
3. What does Silas do to Ellam when he learns of his treatment of Maggie?
4. What was Miss Marguerite's name in 1857?
5. What happens at the military institute, where Duncan is present to hear a speech, which causes a fight?
6. What does Catesby write to his wife Leona about from Camp Bartow, Virginia?
7. How do Rufus and Jesse escape Stratford Plantation?
8. What incident does Miss Marguerite begin with when telling her story to the young woman in Part I, Chapter 1?
9. How much money is Silas going to sell Maggie for as incentive for Ellam to treat her with some respect until time for the sale?
10. What does Sallie pray for while working at the hospital in Part III, Chapter 30?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)