|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
2. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(a) Friendly companions.
(d) Outside wives.
3. How old is Uther Botkin?
4. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never sell slaves again.
(b) Join the Confederate Army.
(c) Join the Union Army.
(d) Never harbor slaves again.
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) United America Administration.
(b) Remembering Our Past Project.
(c) Works Progress Administration.
(d) Moving Forward Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
2. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
3. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
4. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
5. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Duncan during the big battle at McDowell?
2. How do Rufus and Jesse escape Stratford Plantation?
3. Why is Alexander called into the office of the acting keeping at the penitentiary in Part II, Chapter 18?
4. How much money is Silas going to sell Maggie for as incentive for Ellam to treat her with some respect until time for the sale?
5. What happens to Uther Botkin's wife, Martha?
6. What does a superior officer say to Duncan and his fellow cadets after they rush to get their weapons and regain their honor when the Union cadets pick a fight with them?
7. What happens to Duncan Gatewood when the storm, Cox's Snow, hits?
8. What incident does Miss Marguerite begin with when telling her story to the young woman in Part I, Chapter 1?
9. What happens to Alexander during his first time in battle?
10. Why is the woman at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 1, traveling the countryside?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)