Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
2. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(c) Because he owns slaves.
(d) Because he sides with the North.
3. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Danzinger family.
(b) The Dillinger family.
(c) The Duggar family.
(d) The Fredericks family.
4. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That he is his son.
(b) That they are brothers.
(c) That they are cousins.
(d) That they are half-brothers.
5. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(b) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He does not mind at all.
(d) He punches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
3. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
4. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
2. How does Marguerite take control of the situation when Mingo leaves Kizzy pregnant and distraught on the road out of Wilmington?
3. What happens when Duncan meets Confederate President Davis at an event he attends with Sallie?
4. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
5. What does the army recruiter say that convinces Jesse to join the Union army?
6. In Part III, Chapter 28, how does Maggie, now known as Marguerite, feel about her life with Silas?
7. Why is Alexander called into the office of the acting keeping at the penitentiary in Part II, Chapter 18?
8. What does Silas tell Marguerite in a letter in Part IV, Chapter 61?
9. How did Uther Botkin obtain his property that he now lives on?
10. What incident does Miss Marguerite begin with when telling her story to the young woman in Part I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)