|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
2. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) His favorite rifle.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
3. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They are both badly wounded.
(b) They are taken as prisoner.
(c) They run away.
(d) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
4. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
5. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
2. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
3. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
5. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Opal help Uther Botkin with his daughter and his farm?
2. What does Ellam Omohundru do with Maggie in Part I, Chapter 10?
3. Why is the woman at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 1, traveling the countryside?
4. What does Silas do to Ellam when he learns of his treatment of Maggie?
5. What does the judge sentence Sallie and Alexander to for being abolitionists?
6. What does Catesby lose after playing cards in Part I, Chapter 11?
7. What does a superior officer say to Duncan and his fellow cadets after they rush to get their weapons and regain their honor when the Union cadets pick a fight with them?
8. While attending church, what does Opal beg Jack to do for her?
9. What was Miss Marguerite's name in 1857?
10. What does Abigail's Cousin Molly bring Sallie when she comes to visit her in jail?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)