|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(b) A freshly baked pie.
(c) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He is too tired to work.
(b) He is too emotionally upset to work.
(c) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(d) He wants them to all die.
3. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Maggie.
(b) He is trying to find Martha.
(c) He is trying to find Sallie.
(d) He is trying to find Rita.
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
(c) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(d) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Enoch Ommar.
(c) Ernest Ommon.
(d) Ellam Omohundru.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
2. What does Silas do for a living?
3. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
4. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
5. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abigail's Cousin Molly bring Sallie when she comes to visit her in jail?
2. How does Opal help Uther Botkin with his daughter and his farm?
3. What was Miss Marguerite's name in 1857?
4. What happens to Uther Botkin's wife, Martha?
5. What happens the third time that Jesse tries to run away from the Stratford Plantation?
6. While Sallie is working at the hospital, what does a young soldier ask Sallie to do for him?
7. What incident does Miss Marguerite begin with when telling her story to the young woman in Part I, Chapter 1?
8. What does a superior officer say to Duncan and his fellow cadets after they rush to get their weapons and regain their honor when the Union cadets pick a fight with them?
9. How did Uther Botkin obtain his property that he now lives on?
10. What does Ellam Omohundru do with Maggie in Part I, Chapter 10?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)