|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
2. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Jackson's Hotel.
(b) Viewmont Hotel.
(c) Wilson's Hotel.
(d) Crafton's Hotel.
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) His favorite rifle.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
5. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
3. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
4. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
5. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 28, how does Maggie, now known as Marguerite, feel about her life with Silas?
2. What happens the third time that Jesse tries to run away from the Stratford Plantation?
3. How much money is Silas going to sell Maggie for as incentive for Ellam to treat her with some respect until time for the sale?
4. What happens to Duncan's horse, Gypsy, during the battle in Chancellorsville?
5. Why is Alexander called into the office of the acting keeping at the penitentiary in Part II, Chapter 18?
6. What does Abigail's Cousin Molly bring Sallie when she comes to visit her in jail?
7. What happens at the military institute, where Duncan is present to hear a speech, which causes a fight?
8. What does Sallie pray for while working at the hospital in Part III, Chapter 30?
9. While Sallie is working at the hospital, what does a young soldier ask Sallie to do for him?
10. Why did Sallie marry Alexander Kirkpatrick in a hasty marriage?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)