|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is whipped with a chain.
(c) He is given no food or water.
(d) He is put in a dark hole.
2. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They run and hide.
(b) They beg for forgiveness.
(c) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
(d) The immediately begin fighting back.
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) The Confederates to win more battles.
(b) Spring rains.
(c) Winter storms.
(d) Less men joining the army.
4. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
(b) Camp Wayner Hospital.
(c) Camp Wagner Hospital.
(d) Camp Winder Hospital.
5. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
2. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
3. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
4. Who is Jesse?
5. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. While attending church, what does Opal beg Jack to do for her?
2. How does Opal help Uther Botkin with his daughter and his farm?
3. What happens to Duncan during the big battle at McDowell?
4. What does the judge sentence Sallie and Alexander to for being abolitionists?
5. What was Miss Marguerite's name in 1857?
6. What does Catesby write to his wife Leona about from Camp Bartow, Virginia?
7. What does a superior officer say to Duncan and his fellow cadets after they rush to get their weapons and regain their honor when the Union cadets pick a fight with them?
8. What happens to Duncan's horse, Gypsy, during the battle in Chancellorsville?
9. What does Ellam Omohundru do with Maggie in Part I, Chapter 10?
10. What does Abigail's Cousin Molly bring Sallie when she comes to visit her in jail?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)