|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Max's Snow.
(b) The story of Fox's Snow.
(c) The story of Rex's Snow.
(d) The story of Cox's Snow.
2. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he sides with the North.
(c) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(d) Because he owns slaves.
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(b) Uther Botkin's brother.
(c) Uther Botkin's son.
(d) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
4. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Max's Snow.
(b) Cox's Snow.
(c) Fox's Snow.
(d) Rex's Snow.
5. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He killed someone.
(c) He beat someone up.
(d) He stole some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
2. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
3. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
4. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
5. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the military institute, where Duncan is present to hear a speech, which causes a fight?
2. What does Sallie pray for while working at the hospital in Part III, Chapter 30?
3. What happens to Alexander during his first time in battle?
4. While attending church, what does Opal beg Jack to do for her?
5. What does a superior officer say to Duncan and his fellow cadets after they rush to get their weapons and regain their honor when the Union cadets pick a fight with them?
6. Why did Sallie marry Alexander Kirkpatrick in a hasty marriage?
7. What happens to Uther Botkin's wife, Martha?
8. Why is the woman at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 1, traveling the countryside?
9. How did Uther Botkin obtain his property that he now lives on?
10. Why does one of the surgeons, James Lane, ask that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)