|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Max's Snow.
(b) The story of Cox's Snow.
(c) The story of Rex's Snow.
(d) The story of Fox's Snow.
2. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
3. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are brothers.
(b) That he is his son.
(c) That they are half-brothers.
(d) That they are cousins.
4. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(a) Friendly companions.
(c) Outside wives.
5. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is put in a dark hole.
(b) He is whipped with a chain.
(c) He is flogged.
(d) He is given no food or water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
2. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
3. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
4. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
5. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the prison keeper tell Sallie about Alexander during one of her visits with Cousin Molly?
2. How is Alexander assigned to Duncan's regiment?
3. Why is Alexander called into the office of the acting keeping at the penitentiary in Part II, Chapter 18?
4. How does Opal help Uther Botkin with his daughter and his farm?
5. How do Rufus and Jesse escape Stratford Plantation?
6. What happens to Alexander during his first time in battle?
7. What happens to Duncan's horse, Gypsy, during the battle in Chancellorsville?
8. While attending church, what does Opal beg Jack to do for her?
9. What is Jesse's new job in Part III, Chapter 31, at the hospital?
10. What does Catesby lose after playing cards in Part I, Chapter 11?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)