|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) By carriage.
(b) They are dragged.
(c) They walk.
(d) By horseback.
2. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
3. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Moving Forward Organization.
(b) Works Progress Administration.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) United America Administration.
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Lexington, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) Birmingham, Alabama.
5. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
(a) A cook.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A lieutenant.
(d) A courier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
2. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
5. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does one of the surgeons, James Lane, ask that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
2. After telling his wife, Leona, in a letter that he has become a Christian, what does Catesby urge his wife, Leona, to do?
3. What does Duncan tell Sallie about Midge when she comes to visit him in the hospital?
4. What does Ellam Omohundru do with Maggie in Part I, Chapter 10?
5. While attending church, what does Opal beg Jack to do for her?
6. While Sallie is working at the hospital, what does a young soldier ask Sallie to do for him?
7. What does Silas tell his crew before he leaves to Richmond in Part IV, Chapter 57?
8. What is Jesse's new job in Part III, Chapter 31, at the hospital?
9. How does Catesby die after the battle in Spotsylvania?
10. While traveling on their way home from a prayer meeting, what does young Seth Danzinger talk about with Alexander?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)