|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
2. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never sell slaves again.
(b) Join the Confederate Army.
(c) Join the Union Army.
(d) Never harbor slaves again.
3. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
4. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That he will be punished for running away.
(b) That they are going to die.
(c) That he is lower than dirt.
(d) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
2. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
4. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the renegades stopped the Danzinger family and Alexander's buggy in Part IV, Chapter 44?
2. Duncan runs into Midge, now Marguerite Omohundru, at an event, what do they talk about in their private conversation?
3. How do Jesse's men react after he reads them the Gettysburg Address?
4. What happens to Uther Botkin's wife, Martha?
5. What incident does Miss Marguerite begin with when telling her story to the young woman in Part I, Chapter 1?
6. How does Jesse describe Abraham Lincoln after he sees him coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
7. After being captured, why are the black soldiers pleading with the Confederates to be released?
8. What was Miss Marguerite's name in 1857?
9. Where does Jesse take Duncan after getting him out of the Confederate prison?
10. How does Opal help Uther Botkin with his daughter and his farm?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)