|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
(b) Those who remember the days of slavery.
(c) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(d) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
2. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
(b) They are taken as prisoner.
(c) They run away.
(d) They are both badly wounded.
3. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Lexington, Virginia.
(b) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
4. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
5. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Wagner Hospital.
(b) Camp Winder Hospital.
(c) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
(d) Camp Wayner Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
2. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
3. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
4. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silas do to Ellam when he learns of his treatment of Maggie?
2. What happens to Uther Botkin's wife, Martha?
3. What does Ellam Omohundru do with Maggie in Part I, Chapter 10?
4. Why is the woman at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 1, traveling the countryside?
5. How do Rufus and Jesse escape Stratford Plantation?
6. What happens to Alexander during his first time in battle?
7. What happens to Duncan during the big battle at McDowell?
8. What does Catesby lose after playing cards in Part I, Chapter 11?
9. What does Abigail's Cousin Molly bring Sallie when she comes to visit her in jail?
10. What happens the third time that Jesse tries to run away from the Stratford Plantation?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)