|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
(b) Cousin Molly.
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
(d) Uther Botkin.
2. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(b) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
3. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
(a) She is slashed and her intestines spill out onto the ground.
(b) Her throat is slit.
(c) She stumbles and breaks her leg.
(d) She is shot in the stomach several times.
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(b) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(c) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(d) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
5. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
2. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
3. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jesse's new job in Part III, Chapter 31, at the hospital?
2. What does Sallie pray for while working at the hospital in Part III, Chapter 30?
3. While Sallie is working at the hospital, what does a young soldier ask Sallie to do for him?
4. What does Ellam Omohundru do with Maggie in Part I, Chapter 10?
5. What happens to Duncan during the big battle at McDowell?
6. Why does one of the surgeons, James Lane, ask that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
7. Why is Alexander called into the office of the acting keeping at the penitentiary in Part II, Chapter 18?
8. What happens the third time that Jesse tries to run away from the Stratford Plantation?
9. How do Rufus and Jesse escape Stratford Plantation?
10. How does Opal help Uther Botkin with his daughter and his farm?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)