|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sammy Botkin.
(b) Sara Botkin.
(c) Sallie Botkin.
(d) Susie Botkin.
2. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
3. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
(a) Ulysses S Grant.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
4. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
(a) At Stratford with her family.
(b) In Lexington with his family.
(c) At Uther Botkin's place.
(d) Hidden in the woods.
5. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(b) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(c) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Silas in the Confederate Army in Part IV, Chapter 61?
2. What do the Union soldiers take from Marguerite and her servants as they are preparing to leave the city?
3. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
4. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
5. At the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 51, what are Abigail and Opal planting at the plantation?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)