|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
2. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
(a) He is not certain about his feelings for Martha.
(b) He is not certain about his feelings for Abigail.
(c) He is not certain about his feelings for Maggie.
(d) He is not certain about his feelings for Sally.
3. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
(a) Manual labor.
(b) Sit in a dark room all day long.
(c) Make clothing for the Confederate Army.
(d) Be completely silent.
4. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are cousins.
(b) That they are half-brothers.
(c) That he is his son.
(d) That they are brothers.
5. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(b) Her friend Martha.
(d) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
2. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
3. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
4. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
5. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)