|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jesse and several other black soldiers after they are captured by the Confederates in Part IV, Chapter 56?
(a) They are sent directly to prison.
(b) They release them with a warning to return home.
(c) They are beaten and shackled.
(d) The men are being released to former masters, providing those masters want to take them, or they go to jail.
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Put up more of a fight.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Pleaded for mercy.
(d) Ran away.
3. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
(d) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
4. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
(a) He is not certain about his feelings for Abigail.
(b) He is not certain about his feelings for Sally.
(c) He is not certain about his feelings for Martha.
(d) He is not certain about his feelings for Maggie.
5. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
(b) They beg for forgiveness.
(c) The immediately begin fighting back.
(d) They run and hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
2. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
3. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
4. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
5. Whom does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife hesitate to visit but eventually goes to see in Part III, Chapter 39?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)