|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stumbles into Alexander's camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) A runaway male slave.
(b) A young Confederate soldier.
(c) A runaway female slave.
(d) A young Union soldier.
2. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.
(d) Ulysses S Grant.
3. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
(b) They are both badly wounded.
(c) They are taken as prisoner.
(d) They run away.
4. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
(a) That they know he is a spy for the Confederate Army.
(b) That they know his father to be a spy for the Union Army.
(c) That they know he is a spy for the Union Army.
(d) That they know his father to be a spy for the Confederate Army.
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(c) Bucking Bronco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
3. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
5. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)