|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
(b) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
(c) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(d) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He stole some food.
(b) He killed someone.
(c) He beat someone up.
(d) He tried to run away.
3. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(b) For being abolitionists.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For stealing money.
5. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(d) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
2. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
3. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
5. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)