|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
(a) Sit in a dark room all day long.
(b) Be completely silent.
(c) Manual labor.
(d) Make clothing for the Confederate Army.
2. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(b) Burying dead bodies.
(c) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
(d) Burning dead bodies.
3. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
4. After one of her servants leaves her on the road, what does Marguerite use to carry a small ham and some other small belongings?
(a) A sling.
(b) A handbag.
(c) A small cart.
(d) A suitcase.
5. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
(a) He says that they will be paid to be soldiers.
(b) He says that they have to decide for themselves what to fight for.
(c) He says that white men are better soldiers.
(d) He says that Lincoln is the reason that blacks are free to make a choice for themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
2. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
4. Who agrees to marry Duncan while visiting his old home?
5. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)