|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(c) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(d) She is pregnant with his son's child.
2. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
(a) He does not get in trouble.
(b) He is discharged from the army for his actions.
(c) He is put in jail.
(d) He is sentenced to death.
3. What is the name of Catesby's bunkmate in Part III, Chapter 42?
(a) Private Russell.
(b) Private Mark.
(c) Private Randall.
(d) Private Mitchell.
4. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(b) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(c) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(d) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. What is the name of Silas's crew of blockade-runners?
4. What does Jesse believe will be important for the success of his race?
5. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)