|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which servant leaves Marguerite on the road after the incident with the Union soldiers?
2. What does Silas warn Marguerite about before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
(a) About where she will run if Richmond falls to the Union.
(b) About where she will run if Lexington falls to the Union.
(c) About where she will run if Charleston falls to the Union.
(d) About where she will run if Wilmington falls to the Union.
3. Where is Duncan staying at the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 60?
(a) A military institution in Virginia.
(b) Uther Botkin's place.
(c) Stratford Plantation.
(d) A hospital in South Carolina.
4. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
5. What does Marguerite tell her remaining servant after the other servant leaves them on the road in Part IV, Chapter 62?
(a) That it's not worth crying over a woman like Karla.
(b) That it's not worth crying over a man like Mingo.
(c) That it's not worth crying over a man like Manny.
(d) That it's not worth crying over a woman like Kizzy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
2. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
3. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
4. What do the Union soldiers tell Marguerite's servants after besetting them on the road?
5. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)