|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) They capture several Union soldiers.
(b) They escape into the forest and decide to live there.
(c) They are captured and several of them are killed.
(d) They surrender to the enemy.
2. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Fox's Snow.
(b) The story of Max's Snow.
(c) The story of Rex's Snow.
(d) The story of Cox's Snow.
3. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the boy.
(b) He tells Alexander to shoot the runaway slave.
(c) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the girl.
(d) He tells Alexander to tie the boy up and take him as their prisoner.
4. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
5. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
(a) New Years Eve.
(c) 4th of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
2. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
4. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
5. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)