|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
(d) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
2. Who agrees to marry Duncan while visiting his old home?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) He does not lose.
(c) A great deal of money and his watch.
(d) His favorite rifle.
4. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Duggar family.
(b) The Fredericks family.
(c) The Danzinger family.
(d) The Dillinger family.
5. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
(a) That the nurses can do everything they can for the wounded, but that the nurses themselves must go on living.
(b) That she needs to realize that her life is also very fragile.
(c) That she must not ever cry or let herself feel for the soldiers.
(d) That she needs to be more compassionate and really feel for the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
4. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
5. What does Alexander seem to be almost proud of at the end of Part IV, Chapter 59?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)