|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
2. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To marry his girlfriend.
(b) To run naked down the street.
(c) To join the Northern Army.
(d) To join the Confederate Army.
3. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
(a) A jug of beer.
(b) A single basket of food.
(c) A couple shirts.
(d) A couple gallons of water.
4. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) They run to Lincoln, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(b) They run to Ulysses S Grant, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(c) They run to Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(d) They run to Robert E. Lee, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
5. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) They are captured and several of them are killed.
(b) They escape into the forest and decide to live there.
(c) They surrender to the enemy.
(d) They capture several Union soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
2. What does Jesse believe will be important for the success of his race?
3. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
4. Which servant leaves Marguerite on the road after the incident with the Union soldiers?
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)