|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
(a) Here's Your Mule.
(b) Southern Wagon.
(c) Bonnie Blue Flag.
2. What is the Confederate President's answer to Duncan's question at the event?
(a) The wounded are clothed better so infection will not spread.
(b) The wounded men are fed better so they will heal quickly and return to the field.
(c) The war happened because the Union is evil.
(d) The fighting will stop when they have won.
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) The warden and his wife.
(d) Uther Botkin.
4. What do the Union soldiers take from Marguerite and her servants as they are preparing to leave the city?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their cow and jewelry.
(c) Money and their horses.
(d) Bags of clothing.
5. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(b) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(c) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(d) It is torn down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
2. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
5. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)