|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) That he needs not to worry about it.
(b) That she does not know.
(c) That he will not live through the night.
(d) The he will survive.
2. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
(a) "Virginians would fight until every man and boy was dead."
(b) "I will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(c) "The Union soldiers will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(d) Georgians will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
3. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
(b) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
(c) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(d) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
4. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back through the Union lines.
(b) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
(c) Escape back to his regiment.
(d) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
5. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
(a) He is put in jail.
(b) He does not get in trouble.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He is discharged from the army for his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
2. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. What is the name of Catesby's bunkmate in Part III, Chapter 42?
4. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
5. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)