|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
(b) A fort.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A bridge.
2. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For killing someone.
(b) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(c) For being abolitionists.
(d) For stealing money.
3. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A piece of bacon.
(d) A piece of ham.
4. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
(b) Escape back to his regiment.
(c) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
(d) Escape back through the Union lines.
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(b) Friendly companions.
(d) Outside wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
2. Who agrees to marry Duncan while visiting his old home?
3. What does Silas warn Marguerite about before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
4. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
5. What do the Union soldiers tell Marguerite's servants after besetting them on the road?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)