|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) That he will not live through the night.
(b) That she does not know.
(c) That he needs not to worry about it.
(d) The he will survive.
2. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(b) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(c) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(d) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
3. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That he is lower than dirt.
(b) That they are going to die.
(c) That he will be punished for running away.
(d) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
4. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(b) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
(c) Burning dead bodies.
(d) Burying dead bodies.
5. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) He delivers the message and returns safely.
(b) He falls into a bramble thicket and runs away.
(c) He trips and falls down a hill, breaking his leg.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
2. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
3. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
4. Who agrees to marry Duncan while visiting his old home?
5. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)