|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Nine through Seventy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's brother.
(c) Uther Botkin's son.
(d) Uther Botkin's nephew.
2. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) That they are going to die.
(c) That he will be punished for running away.
(d) That he is lower than dirt.
3. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
(a) A way to herd in his cattle.
(b) A way to feed his family.
(c) A way to harvest all his apples.
(d) A way to gather his crops.
4. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They beg for forgiveness.
(b) They run and hide.
(c) The immediately begin fighting back.
(d) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
5. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Susie Botkin.
(b) Sallie Botkin.
(c) Sammy Botkin.
(d) Sara Botkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
2. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
3. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
4. Who has died in Part IV, Chapter 60, that the grandmother continually prayers about?
5. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)