|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
(a) She stumbles and breaks her leg.
(b) She is shot in the stomach several times.
(c) Her throat is slit.
(d) She is slashed and her intestines spill out onto the ground.
2. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
(b) They run away.
(c) They are taken as prisoner.
(d) They are both badly wounded.
3. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
(a) They do not like that she's a mulatto.
(b) Because she is a prostitute.
(c) They both say the story that Marguerite is telling is untrue.
(d) Because she is a slave.
4. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
5. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
(b) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
(d) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
4. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
5. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)