|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
2. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
3. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sallie and Alexander.
(b) Susie and Alexander.
(c) Sammy and Alexander.
(d) Sara and Alexander.
4. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
5. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
2. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
3. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
4. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
5. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)