|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Ernest Ommon.
(d) Enoch Ommar.
2. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
(a) They fight him and he runs off.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They take him as a prisoner.
(d) They tell the boy to return the way he came.
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
4. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
5. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
2. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
3. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
5. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)