|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
(a) In Lexington with his family.
(b) At Uther Botkin's place.
(c) At Stratford with her family.
(d) Hidden in the woods.
2. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) Chief's House.
(b) King's House.
(c) Captain's House.
(d) Commander's House.
3. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Winder Hospital.
(b) Camp Wayner Hospital.
(c) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
(d) Camp Wagner Hospital.
4. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To marry his girlfriend.
(b) To join the Confederate Army.
(c) To join the Northern Army.
(d) To run naked down the street.
5. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
(a) They both say the story that Marguerite is telling is untrue.
(b) They do not like that she's a mulatto.
(c) Because she is a prostitute.
(d) Because she is a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
3. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
4. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
5. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)