|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
(a) Hidden in the woods.
(b) At Stratford with her family.
(c) At Uther Botkin's place.
(d) In Lexington with his family.
2. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two bits.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One bit.
3. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are half-brothers.
(b) That he is his son.
(c) That they are cousins.
(d) That they are brothers.
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Lexington, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
5. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(c) Those who remember the days of slavery.
(d) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
2. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
3. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
4. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
5. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)