|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
2. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
3. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(d) Bucking Bronco.
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(b) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(c) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(d) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Pleaded for mercy.
(d) Put up more of a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
3. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
4. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
5. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)