|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(b) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(c) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(d) It is torn down.
2. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Virginia Ladies College.
(b) Augusta Female Seminary.
(c) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(d) Abby's Female Institution.
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(b) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(c) Uther Botkin's son.
(d) Uther Botkin's brother.
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) Nassau, the Bahamas.
(b) Dominican Republic.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
3. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
4. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
5. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)