|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) Cousin Molly.
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The winter planting.
(b) The summer planting.
(c) The fall planting.
(d) The spring planting.
3. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
(c) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(d) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
4. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
5. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
2. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
3. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
4. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
5. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)