|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
(a) They kill him.
(b) They tell the boy to return the way he came.
(c) They take him as a prisoner.
(d) They fight him and he runs off.
2. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A bakery.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A plantation.
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
4. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
(a) Cousin Molly.
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
(d) Uther Botkin.
5. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He ties him up.
(b) He whips him.
(c) He sells him.
(d) He locks him in the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
4. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
5. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)