|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Join the Union Army.
(b) Never sell slaves again.
(c) Join the Confederate Army.
(d) Never harbor slaves again.
2. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) His favorite rifle.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(c) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
(d) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
2. What does Silas do for a living?
3. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
4. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
5. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)