|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Jackson's Hotel.
(b) Crafton's Hotel.
(c) Viewmont Hotel.
(d) Wilson's Hotel.
2. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
3. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) A freshly baked pie.
(b) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(d) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
4. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
(b) Camp Winder Hospital.
(c) Camp Wagner Hospital.
(d) Camp Wayner Hospital.
5. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(b) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(c) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(d) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
3. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
4. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
5. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)