|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Spring rains.
(b) Less men joining the army.
(c) The Confederates to win more battles.
(d) Winter storms.
3. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) James Lane.
(b) John Lavell.
(c) Jack Laurence.
(d) Jared Lock.
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(c) Bucking Bronco.
5. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(b) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He does not mind at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
2. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
3. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)