|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(d) Samuel Gatewood.
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Pleaded for mercy.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Killed herself.
(d) Put up more of a fight.
3. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
(b) They are both badly wounded.
(c) They are taken as prisoner.
(d) They run away.
4. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That he is his son.
(b) That they are half-brothers.
(c) That they are cousins.
(d) That they are brothers.
5. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Blockade runners.
(b) Bar owners.
(c) Plantation owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
2. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
3. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
5. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)