|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(b) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(c) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(d) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
2. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He ties him up.
(b) He locks him in the cellar.
(c) He sells him.
(d) He whips him.
3. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
(c) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(d) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
4. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His stomach.
5. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(b) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
3. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
4. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
5. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)