|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He stole some food.
(c) He tried to run away.
(d) He beat someone up.
2. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Hundreds of boots.
(b) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(c) Piles of torn up clothing.
(d) Piles of human heads.
3. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The summer planting.
(b) The spring planting.
(c) The fall planting.
(d) The winter planting.
4. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They are dragged.
(b) By carriage.
(c) They walk.
(d) By horseback.
5. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) He trips and falls down a hill, breaking his leg.
(b) He falls into a bramble thicket and runs away.
(c) He delivers the message and returns safely.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
2. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
3. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
4. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
5. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)