|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Bar owners.
(c) Plantation owners.
(d) Blockade runners.
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Put up more of a fight.
(c) Pleaded for mercy.
(d) Ran away.
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's brother.
(b) Uther Botkin's son.
(c) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(d) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
4. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sallie and Alexander.
(b) Sara and Alexander.
(c) Susie and Alexander.
(d) Sammy and Alexander.
5. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
2. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
3. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
4. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
5. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)