|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
2. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
3. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Virginia Ladies College.
(b) Abby's Female Institution.
(c) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(d) Augusta Female Seminary.
4. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Ernest Ommon.
(c) Ellam Omohundru.
(d) Enoch Ommar.
5. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Hundreds of boots.
(b) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(c) Piles of human heads.
(d) Piles of torn up clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
2. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
5. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)