|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
2. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
(a) Because she is a slave.
(b) They do not like that she's a mulatto.
(c) Because she is a prostitute.
(d) They both say the story that Marguerite is telling is untrue.
3. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(b) Bar owners.
(c) Plantation owners.
(d) Blockade runners.
4. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
5. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is given no food or water.
(b) He is whipped with a chain.
(c) He is flogged.
(d) He is put in a dark hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
3. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)