|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For stealing money.
(b) For killing someone.
(c) For being abolitionists.
(d) For the mistreatment of slaves.
2. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(b) It is torn down.
(c) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(d) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
3. How old is Uther Botkin?
4. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two bits.
(b) One bit.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
5. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Sallie.
(b) He is trying to find Maggie.
(c) He is trying to find Martha.
(d) He is trying to find Rita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
2. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
3. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
4. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
5. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)