|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(b) He does not mind at all.
(c) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(d) He punches him.
2. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(b) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
3. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) Captain's House.
(b) Chief's House.
(c) Commander's House.
(d) King's House.
4. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Moving Forward Organization.
(b) Works Progress Administration.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) United America Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
2. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
4. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
5. How old is Uther Botkin?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)