|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) Commander's House.
(b) Captain's House.
(c) Chief's House.
(d) King's House.
2. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
(d) The warden and his wife.
3. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
(a) A way to herd in his cattle.
(b) A way to feed his family.
(c) A way to harvest all his apples.
(d) A way to gather his crops.
4. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two bits.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) One bit.
(d) Five dollars.
5. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
3. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
4. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
5. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)