|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is whipped with a chain.
(c) He is given no food or water.
(d) He is put in a dark hole.
2. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(c) Uther Botkin's brother.
(d) Uther Botkin's son.
4. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Remembering Our Past Project.
(b) Moving Forward Organization.
(c) United America Administration.
(d) Works Progress Administration.
5. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
(b) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(d) A freshly baked pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
2. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. How old is Uther Botkin?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)