|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(c) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(d) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(c) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
(d) Her friend Martha.
4. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
2. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
3. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
4. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)