|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Pleaded for mercy.
(b) Put up more of a fight.
(c) Killed herself.
(d) Ran away.
2. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(b) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(c) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(d) It is torn down.
3. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(c) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(d) She is pregnant with his son's child.
4. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(a) Bucking Bronco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
2. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
3. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
4. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
5. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)