|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sara Botkin.
(b) Susie Botkin.
(c) Sallie Botkin.
(d) Sammy Botkin.
2. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he sides with the North.
(b) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(c) Because he is an abolitionist.
(d) Because he owns slaves.
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(d) The warden and his wife.
4. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He stole some food.
(c) He tried to run away.
(d) He beat someone up.
5. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(b) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(c) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
(d) A freshly baked pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
2. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
3. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
4. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
5. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)