|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he sides with the North.
(c) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(d) Because he owns slaves.
2. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
(a) Cousin Molly.
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) Uther Botkin.
3. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
(a) A way to harvest all his apples.
(b) A way to herd in his cattle.
(c) A way to gather his crops.
(d) A way to feed his family.
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Max's Snow.
(b) The story of Cox's Snow.
(c) The story of Fox's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
5. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
2. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
4. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
5. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)