|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(b) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(c) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(d) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
2. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Virginia Ladies College.
(b) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(c) Augusta Female Seminary.
(d) Abby's Female Institution.
3. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) United America Administration.
(b) Moving Forward Organization.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) Works Progress Administration.
4. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That they are going to die.
(b) That he will be punished for running away.
(c) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) That he is lower than dirt.
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
4. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
5. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)