|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) United America Administration.
(b) Remembering Our Past Project.
(c) Moving Forward Organization.
(d) Works Progress Administration.
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The spring planting.
(b) The summer planting.
(c) The fall planting.
(d) The winter planting.
3. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He sells him.
(b) He whips him.
(c) He locks him in the cellar.
(d) He ties him up.
4. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Northern Army.
(b) To join the Confederate Army.
(c) To marry his girlfriend.
(d) To run naked down the street.
5. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) His favorite rifle.
(b) A great deal of money and his watch.
(c) A little bit of money.
(d) He does not lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
2. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
4. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
5. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)