|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Maggie.
(b) He is trying to find Sallie.
(c) He is trying to find Rita.
(d) He is trying to find Martha.
2. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
3. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
4. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(c) Because he sides with the North.
(d) Because he owns slaves.
5. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
2. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
4. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)