|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Fox's Snow.
(b) Cox's Snow.
(c) Rex's Snow.
(d) Max's Snow.
4. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
(a) Make clothing for the Confederate Army.
(b) Be completely silent.
(c) Manual labor.
(d) Sit in a dark room all day long.
5. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(b) A freshly baked pie.
(c) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
(d) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
2. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
3. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
5. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)