|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
2. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(d) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) March 22, 1859.
(b) April 22, 1856.
(c) February 22, 1858.
(d) January 22, 1857.
4. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he owns slaves.
(c) Because he sides with the North.
(d) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
5. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Charleston.
(b) Camp Williamsburg.
(c) Camp Birmingham.
(d) Camp Bartow.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
2. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
3. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
4. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
5. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)