|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) April 22, 1856.
(b) March 22, 1859.
(c) January 22, 1857.
(d) February 22, 1858.
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
3. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) That he will be punished for running away.
(c) That he is lower than dirt.
(d) That they are going to die.
4. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
5. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) A freshly baked pie.
(b) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(c) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
2. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
3. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
4. What does Silas do for a living?
5. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)