|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Charleston.
(b) Camp Bartow.
(c) Camp Birmingham.
(d) Camp Williamsburg.
2. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Moving Forward Organization.
(b) United America Administration.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) Works Progress Administration.
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A great deal of money and his watch.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) His favorite rifle.
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(b) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(c) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(d) It is torn down.
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(a) Bucking Bronco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
3. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
4. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
5. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)