|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(b) Because he owns slaves.
(c) Because he is an abolitionist.
(d) Because he sides with the North.
2. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Bartow.
(b) Camp Charleston.
(c) Camp Williamsburg.
(d) Camp Birmingham.
3. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
(a) A way to herd in his cattle.
(b) A way to harvest all his apples.
(c) A way to feed his family.
(d) A way to gather his crops.
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Lexington, Virginia.
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
5. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Crafton's Hotel.
(b) Viewmont Hotel.
(c) Wilson's Hotel.
(d) Jackson's Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)