|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(c) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(d) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
2. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
3. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(c) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
(d) A freshly baked pie.
4. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(b) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(c) Uther Botkin's brother.
(d) Uther Botkin's son.
5. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
2. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
3. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
4. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)