|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) Commander's House.
(b) Chief's House.
(c) King's House.
(d) Captain's House.
2. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(c) Those who remember the days of slavery.
(d) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
3. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
4. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Mumford Plantation.
(c) Stratford Plantation.
(d) Gatewood Plantation.
5. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) The immediately begin fighting back.
(b) They beg for forgiveness.
(c) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
(d) They run and hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
2. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
5. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)