|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
2. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For being abolitionists.
(b) For stealing money.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For the mistreatment of slaves.
5. How old is Uther Botkin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
2. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
3. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
4. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
5. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)