|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A great deal of money and his watch.
(b) He does not lose.
(c) His favorite rifle.
(d) A little bit of money.
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Cox's Snow.
(b) The story of Fox's Snow.
(c) The story of Max's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
5. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
2. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
3. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
4. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)