|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Pleaded for mercy.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Put up more of a fight.
2. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
3. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Mumford Plantation.
(b) Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Stratford Plantation.
(d) O'Hara Plantation.
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) April 22, 1856.
(b) March 22, 1859.
(c) January 22, 1857.
(d) February 22, 1858.
5. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
3. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
4. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
5. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)