|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Fox's Snow.
(b) The story of Max's Snow.
(c) The story of Cox's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
2. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's son.
(b) Uther Botkin's brother.
(c) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(d) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
3. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(b) Bucking Bronco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
2. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
4. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
5. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)