|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
3. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They walk.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By carriage.
(d) They are dragged.
4. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Gatewood Plantation.
(b) Stratford Plantation.
(c) O'Hara Plantation.
(d) Mumford Plantation.
5. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
3. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)