|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
3. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Virginia Ladies College.
(b) Augusta Female Seminary.
(c) Abby's Female Institution.
(d) School for the Gifted and Talented.
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) A great deal of money and his watch.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) His favorite rifle.
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
2. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
3. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
4. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
5. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)