|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Rex's Snow.
(b) Fox's Snow.
(c) Max's Snow.
(d) Cox's Snow.
2. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(b) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(c) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(d) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
3. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Stratford Plantation.
(b) O'Hara Plantation.
(c) Mumford Plantation.
(d) Gatewood Plantation.
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Put up more of a fight.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Pleaded for mercy.
5. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
(a) Layla and Donny.
(b) Lana and Daniel.
(c) Leona and Duncan.
(d) Laura and Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
3. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
4. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
5. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)