|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He stole some food.
(c) He tried to run away.
(d) He beat someone up.
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) April 22, 1856.
(b) March 22, 1859.
(c) January 22, 1857.
(d) February 22, 1858.
5. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
3. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
5. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)