|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
2. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Pleaded for mercy.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Put up more of a fight.
(d) Ran away.
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) February 22, 1858.
(b) April 22, 1856.
(c) March 22, 1859.
(d) January 22, 1857.
5. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(b) He does not mind at all.
(c) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(d) He punches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
3. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
4. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
5. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)