|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
2. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
3. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
4. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)