|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
3. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sara Botkin.
(b) Sammy Botkin.
(c) Sallie Botkin.
(d) Susie Botkin.
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) His favorite rifle.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
5. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Stratford Plantation.
(b) Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Mumford Plantation.
(d) O'Hara Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
3. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
4. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
5. How old is Uther Botkin?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)