|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
2. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
3. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
4. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Cox's Snow.
(b) Max's Snow.
(c) Fox's Snow.
(d) Rex's Snow.
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) January 22, 1857.
(b) April 22, 1856.
(c) March 22, 1859.
(d) February 22, 1858.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
3. How old is Uther Botkin?
4. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)