|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He does not mind at all.
(b) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(b) For stealing money.
(c) For being abolitionists.
(d) For killing someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
2. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
3. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)