|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sara Botkin.
(b) Sammy Botkin.
(c) Sallie Botkin.
(d) Susie Botkin.
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
5. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
2. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
3. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)