|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(c) Bucking Bronco.
3. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
(a) Lana and Daniel.
(b) Leona and Duncan.
(c) Layla and Donny.
(d) Laura and Denny.
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Lexington, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
5. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Cox's Snow.
(b) The story of Fox's Snow.
(c) The story of Max's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
2. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
3. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
4. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
5. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)