|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Max's Snow.
(b) Rex's Snow.
(c) Cox's Snow.
(d) Fox's Snow.
2. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
3. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) One bit.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Two bits.
(d) Five dollars.
4. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(b) Abby's Female Institution.
(c) Augusta Female Seminary.
(d) Virginia Ladies College.
5. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sallie Botkin.
(b) Sara Botkin.
(c) Sammy Botkin.
(d) Susie Botkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
2. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
4. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
5. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)