|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(d) He does not mind at all.
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He beat someone up.
(d) He stole some food.
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(c) Bucking Bronco.
5. How old is Uther Botkin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
2. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
3. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)