|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Susie Botkin.
(b) Sammy Botkin.
(c) Sallie Botkin.
(d) Sara Botkin.
2. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They walk.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By horseback.
(d) They are dragged.
3. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For stealing money.
(b) For being abolitionists.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For the mistreatment of slaves.
4. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
(b) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(c) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(d) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Uther Botkin?
2. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
4. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
5. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)