|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(a) Bucking Bronco.
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
4. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Works Progress Administration.
(b) United America Administration.
(c) Moving Forward Organization.
(d) Remembering Our Past Project.
5. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
2. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
4. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
5. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)