|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They are dragged.
(b) They walk.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By horseback.
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The summer planting.
(b) The winter planting.
(c) The fall planting.
(d) The spring planting.
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
5. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
2. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
3. What does Silas do for a living?
4. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
5. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)