|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Uther Botkin?
2. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(c) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
(d) Those who remember the days of slavery.
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(b) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(c) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(d) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
2. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
4. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)