|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They run and hide.
(b) The immediately begin fighting back.
(c) They beg for forgiveness.
(d) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
2. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
3. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
(a) Leona and Duncan.
(b) Laura and Denny.
(c) Lana and Daniel.
(d) Layla and Donny.
4. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) One bit.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Two bits.
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(b) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(c) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
(d) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
2. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
5. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)