|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They walk.
(b) They are dragged.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By carriage.
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(d) Bucking Bronco.
3. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Susie Botkin.
(b) Sara Botkin.
(c) Sammy Botkin.
(d) Sallie Botkin.
4. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
5. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
2. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
5. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)