|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
4. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(b) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(c) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(d) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Enoch Ommar.
(c) Ellam Omohundru.
(d) Ernest Ommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
2. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
3. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
4. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
5. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)