|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) He does not lose.
(c) His favorite rifle.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
2. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember the days of slavery.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(c) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(d) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
3. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Lexington, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) Birmingham, Alabama.
5. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
3. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
5. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)