|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(b) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(c) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(d) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
2. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Abby's Female Institution.
(b) Augusta Female Seminary.
(c) Virginia Ladies College.
(d) School for the Gifted and Talented.
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
4. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To run naked down the street.
(b) To marry his girlfriend.
(c) To join the Confederate Army.
(d) To join the Northern Army.
5. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
5. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)