|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Northern Army.
(b) To join the Confederate Army.
(c) To run naked down the street.
(d) To marry his girlfriend.
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Augusta Female Seminary.
(b) Virginia Ladies College.
(c) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(d) Abby's Female Institution.
4. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The fall planting.
(b) The spring planting.
(c) The summer planting.
(d) The winter planting.
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(b) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
(c) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(d) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
2. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
5. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)