|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The winter planting.
(b) The summer planting.
(c) The spring planting.
(d) The fall planting.
2. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Confederate Army.
(b) To marry his girlfriend.
(c) To run naked down the street.
(d) To join the Northern Army.
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(b) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
(c) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(d) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
4. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
5. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(b) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
5. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)