|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Remembering Our Past Project.
(b) Works Progress Administration.
(c) United America Administration.
(d) Moving Forward Organization.
2. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(c) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
(d) Those who remember the days of slavery.
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He beat someone up.
(c) He stole some food.
(d) He killed someone.
4. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
3. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
4. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)