|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sara and Alexander.
(b) Sammy and Alexander.
(c) Susie and Alexander.
(d) Sallie and Alexander.
2. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
3. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To run naked down the street.
(b) To join the Confederate Army.
(c) To join the Northern Army.
(d) To marry his girlfriend.
4. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(b) Those who remember the days of slavery.
(c) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(d) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
5. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Mumford Plantation.
(b) Stratford Plantation.
(c) O'Hara Plantation.
(d) Gatewood Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
4. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
5. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)