|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two bits.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) One bit.
(d) Two dollars.
2. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
4. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) Uther Botkin.
(d) The warden and his wife.
5. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's brother.
(b) Uther Botkin's son.
(c) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(d) Uther Botkin's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)