|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They run and hide.
(b) The immediately begin fighting back.
(c) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
(d) They beg for forgiveness.
2. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sallie and Alexander.
(b) Susie and Alexander.
(c) Sara and Alexander.
(d) Sammy and Alexander.
3. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Enoch Ommar.
(b) Erik Ophikeans.
(c) Ernest Ommon.
(d) Ellam Omohundru.
4. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Works Progress Administration.
(b) Moving Forward Organization.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) United America Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
2. How old is Uther Botkin?
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
4. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
5. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)