|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Virginia Ladies College.
(b) Augusta Female Seminary.
(c) Abby's Female Institution.
(d) School for the Gifted and Talented.
2. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's son.
(b) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(c) Uther Botkin's brother.
(d) Uther Botkin's nephew.
4. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sallie and Alexander.
(b) Sara and Alexander.
(c) Sammy and Alexander.
(d) Susie and Alexander.
5. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
2. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
3. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
4. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)