|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Susie Botkin.
(b) Sammy Botkin.
(c) Sara Botkin.
(d) Sallie Botkin.
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's son.
(c) Uther Botkin's brother.
(d) Uther Botkin's nephew.
4. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
5. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) His favorite rifle.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
3. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)