|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(b) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(c) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
2. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Fox's Snow.
(b) The story of Rex's Snow.
(c) The story of Cox's Snow.
(d) The story of Max's Snow.
3. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) February 22, 1858.
(b) April 22, 1856.
(c) March 22, 1859.
(d) January 22, 1857.
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
4. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)