|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) The immediately begin fighting back.
(b) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
(c) They beg for forgiveness.
(d) They run and hide.
2. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
3. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
4. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember the days of slavery.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(c) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
(d) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
5. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A great deal of money and his watch.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) His favorite rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
2. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
5. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)