|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(c) Uther Botkin's son.
(d) Uther Botkin's brother.
2. What does Silas do for a living?
(d) Buys and sells slaves.
3. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Northern Army.
(b) To marry his girlfriend.
(c) To join the Confederate Army.
(d) To run naked down the street.
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) He does not lose.
(b) A great deal of money and his watch.
(c) His favorite rifle.
(d) A little bit of money.
5. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(b) He does not mind at all.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
2. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
3. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
4. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
5. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)