|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Works Progress Administration.
(b) United America Administration.
(c) Moving Forward Organization.
(d) Remembering Our Past Project.
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Gatewood Plantation.
(b) Mumford Plantation.
(c) Stratford Plantation.
(d) O'Hara Plantation.
3. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
5. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's son.
(b) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(c) Uther Botkin's brother.
(d) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
2. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
3. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
4. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
5. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)