|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Ernest Ommon.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Enoch Ommar.
(d) Erik Ophikeans.
2. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's brother.
(c) Uther Botkin's son.
(d) Uther Botkin's nephew.
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
4. What does Silas do for a living?
(b) Buys and sells slaves.
5. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sara and Alexander.
(b) Susie and Alexander.
(c) Sammy and Alexander.
(d) Sallie and Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
5. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)