|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Gatewood Plantation.
(b) O'Hara Plantation.
(c) Mumford Plantation.
(d) Stratford Plantation.
2. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Northern Army.
(b) To run naked down the street.
(c) To join the Confederate Army.
(d) To marry his girlfriend.
3. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Put up more of a fight.
(c) Killed herself.
(d) Pleaded for mercy.
5. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
4. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
5. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)