|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
2. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) One bit.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Two bits.
(d) Two dollars.
3. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They walk.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By horseback.
(d) They are dragged.
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(b) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
5. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's son.
(b) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(c) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(d) Uther Botkin's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
2. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
3. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)