|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(b) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(c) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(d) It is torn down.
2. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A great deal of money and his watch.
(b) His favorite rifle.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A little bit of money.
3. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Cox's Snow.
(b) Fox's Snow.
(c) Max's Snow.
(d) Rex's Snow.
4. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) The warden and his wife.
(d) Uther Botkin.
5. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They are dragged.
(b) They walk.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. Who is Jesse?
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
5. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)