|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
3. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
5. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)