|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
2. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) Abby's Female Institution.
(b) Augusta Female Seminary.
(c) Virginia Ladies College.
(d) School for the Gifted and Talented.
3. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Fox's Snow.
(b) The story of Max's Snow.
(c) The story of Cox's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
4. What does Silas do for a living?
(b) Buys and sells slaves.
5. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Mumford Plantation.
(b) Stratford Plantation.
(c) O'Hara Plantation.
(d) Gatewood Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
2. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
3. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
4. Who is Jesse?
5. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)