|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
2. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
3. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
4. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
5. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)