|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
2. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's brother.
(b) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(c) Uther Botkin's son.
(d) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
3. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
4. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(c) Those who remember the days of slavery.
(d) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
5. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
(b) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
(c) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Uther Botkin?
2. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
3. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
4. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
5. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)