|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He ties him up.
(b) He locks him in the cellar.
(c) He sells him.
(d) He whips him.
2. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His arm.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
3. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) Chief's House.
(b) Commander's House.
(c) King's House.
(d) Captain's House.
4. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
2. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
3. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
4. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
5. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)