|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He killed someone.
(c) He beat someone up.
(d) He stole some food.
2. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
(a) They take him as a prisoner.
(b) They fight him and he runs off.
(c) They tell the boy to return the way he came.
(d) They kill him.
3. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Lexington, Virginia.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Fox's Snow.
(b) The story of Max's Snow.
(c) The story of Cox's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)