|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
2. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
(a) Layla and Donny.
(b) Lana and Daniel.
(c) Leona and Duncan.
(d) Laura and Denny.
3. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
4. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
5. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Bartow.
(b) Camp Williamsburg.
(c) Camp Charleston.
(d) Camp Birmingham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
4. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)