|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Piles of human heads.
(b) Piles of torn up clothing.
(c) Hundreds of boots.
(d) Piles of rotting human flesh.
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Gatewood Plantation.
(b) Mumford Plantation.
(c) Stratford Plantation.
(d) O'Hara Plantation.
3. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) Commander's House.
(b) Captain's House.
(c) Chief's House.
(d) King's House.
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
5. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By carriage.
(c) They are dragged.
(d) They walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
2. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
3. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
4. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
5. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)