|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Join the Union Army.
(b) Never harbor slaves again.
(c) Join the Confederate Army.
(d) Never sell slaves again.
2. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To marry his girlfriend.
(b) To join the Confederate Army.
(c) To join the Northern Army.
(d) To run naked down the street.
3. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They walk.
(b) By carriage.
(c) They are dragged.
(d) By horseback.
4. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
(a) Be completely silent.
(b) Sit in a dark room all day long.
(c) Manual labor.
(d) Make clothing for the Confederate Army.
5. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Uther Botkin?
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
4. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
5. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)