|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(c) Cousin Molly.
(d) Samuel Gatewood.
2. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
(a) Layla and Donny.
(b) Leona and Duncan.
(c) Laura and Denny.
(d) Lana and Daniel.
3. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(b) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(c) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(d) It is torn down.
5. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That they are going to die.
(b) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) That he will be punished for running away.
(d) That he is lower than dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
2. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
3. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
5. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)