|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(b) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(c) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(d) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Pleaded for mercy.
(d) Put up more of a fight.
3. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Works Progress Administration.
(b) Moving Forward Organization.
(c) United America Administration.
(d) Remembering Our Past Project.
4. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Martha.
(b) He is trying to find Rita.
(c) He is trying to find Maggie.
(d) He is trying to find Sallie.
5. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
(a) A way to harvest all his apples.
(b) A way to gather his crops.
(c) A way to herd in his cattle.
(d) A way to feed his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
2. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
4. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
5. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)