|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(b) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
(d) Her friend Martha.
2. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Hundreds of boots.
(b) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(c) Piles of torn up clothing.
(d) Piles of human heads.
3. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(b) It is torn down.
(c) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(d) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
2. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
4. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
5. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)