|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
2. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) The warden and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
2. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
3. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
4. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
5. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)