|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(b) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(c) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(d) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
3. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Crafton's Hotel.
(b) Jackson's Hotel.
(c) Viewmont Hotel.
(d) Wilson's Hotel.
4. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) The warden and his wife.
(b) Uther Botkin.
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
5. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
2. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
5. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)