|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
2. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He does not mind at all.
(b) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
3. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Enoch Ommar.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Ernest Ommon.
(d) Erik Ophikeans.
4. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) That he is lower than dirt.
(c) That he will be punished for running away.
(d) That they are going to die.
5. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He beat someone up.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He stole some food.
(d) He killed someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
2. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)