|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he sides with the North.
(b) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(c) Because he is an abolitionist.
(d) Because he owns slaves.
2. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Max's Snow.
(b) Fox's Snow.
(c) Rex's Snow.
(d) Cox's Snow.
3. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(a) Her friend Martha.
(c) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For killing someone.
(b) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(c) For being abolitionists.
(d) For stealing money.
5. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Stratford Plantation.
(b) Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Mumford Plantation.
(d) O'Hara Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
2. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
5. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)