|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
2. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
(a) They take him as a prisoner.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They tell the boy to return the way he came.
(d) They fight him and he runs off.
3. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(b) Bucking Bronco.
4. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(b) Virginia Ladies College.
(c) Augusta Female Seminary.
(d) Abby's Female Institution.
5. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He sells him.
(b) He whips him.
(c) He locks him in the cellar.
(d) He ties him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
2. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
3. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
4. What does Silas do for a living?
5. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)