|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sara and Alexander.
(b) Sallie and Alexander.
(c) Susie and Alexander.
(d) Sammy and Alexander.
2. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he sides with the North.
(c) Because he owns slaves.
(d) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
3. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(b) Virginia Ladies College.
(c) Augusta Female Seminary.
(d) Abby's Female Institution.
4. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
5. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A great deal of money and his watch.
(b) His favorite rifle.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A little bit of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
2. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
3. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
4. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
5. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)