|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) By horseback.
(b) They walk.
(c) They are dragged.
(d) By carriage.
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Mumford Plantation.
(d) Stratford Plantation.
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) February 22, 1858.
(b) March 22, 1859.
(c) January 22, 1857.
(d) April 22, 1856.
4. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
5. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
(a) At Uther Botkin's place.
(b) Hidden in the woods.
(c) In Lexington with his family.
(d) At Stratford with her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
2. Who is Jesse?
3. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
5. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)