|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Lexington, Virginia.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
2. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
5. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(b) Piles of torn up clothing.
(c) Hundreds of boots.
(d) Piles of human heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
2. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
3. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
4. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)