|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
2. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) April 22, 1856.
(b) February 22, 1858.
(c) March 22, 1859.
(d) January 22, 1857.
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He beat someone up.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He killed someone.
(d) He stole some food.
4. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
5. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Hundreds of boots.
(b) Piles of human heads.
(c) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(d) Piles of torn up clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
2. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
3. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
4. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
5. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)