|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
2. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) A freshly baked pie.
(b) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
(c) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
3. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
4. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Confederate Army.
(b) To marry his girlfriend.
(c) To join the Northern Army.
(d) To run naked down the street.
5. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
4. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
5. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)