|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is whipped with a chain.
(b) He is flogged.
(c) He is given no food or water.
(d) He is put in a dark hole.
2. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
3. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two bits.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) One bit.
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For being abolitionists.
(b) For stealing money.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For the mistreatment of slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
4. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
5. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)