|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He ties him up.
(b) He whips him.
(c) He sells him.
(d) He locks him in the cellar.
2. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
3. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Charleston.
(b) Camp Williamsburg.
(c) Camp Birmingham.
(d) Camp Bartow.
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Pleaded for mercy.
(c) Put up more of a fight.
(d) Killed herself.
5. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(b) It is torn down.
(c) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(d) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
2. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
3. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
4. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
5. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)