|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is given no food or water.
(b) He is flogged.
(c) He is put in a dark hole.
(d) He is whipped with a chain.
2. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(c) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
3. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Rex's Snow.
(b) The story of Max's Snow.
(c) The story of Fox's Snow.
(d) The story of Cox's Snow.
4. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
(b) Southern Wagon.
(c) Here's Your Mule.
(d) Bonnie Blue Flag.
5. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) A piece of ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
2. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
3. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
4. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
5. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)