|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
(a) He says that Lincoln is the reason that blacks are free to make a choice for themselves.
(b) He says that they have to decide for themselves what to fight for.
(c) He says that white men are better soldiers.
(d) He says that they will be paid to be soldiers.
2. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Lexington, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
3. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Ernest Ommon.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Enoch Ommar.
(d) Erik Ophikeans.
4. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Baptist.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Lutheran.
(d) A Protestant.
5. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
3. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
4. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)