|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It is torn down.
(b) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(c) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(d) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
2. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A restaurant.
(d) A bakery.
3. What is the Confederate President's answer to Duncan's question at the event?
(a) The wounded men are fed better so they will heal quickly and return to the field.
(b) The fighting will stop when they have won.
(c) The wounded are clothed better so infection will not spread.
(d) The war happened because the Union is evil.
4. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
5. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(a) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
(d) Her friend Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
2. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
3. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
4. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)