|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
2. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sallie Botkin.
(b) Sammy Botkin.
(c) Susie Botkin.
(d) Sara Botkin.
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He is too emotionally upset to work.
(b) He wants them to all die.
(c) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(d) He is too tired to work.
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Remembering Our Past Project.
(b) Works Progress Administration.
(c) United America Administration.
(d) Moving Forward Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
4. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
5. Who is Jesse?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)