|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
(a) That they should join the army for vengeance against the Confederates.
(b) That they must join the army or starve to death.
(c) That they are not good enough to join the army, but they will take them anyway.
(d) That they should join the army or become slaves again.
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The summer planting.
(b) The spring planting.
(c) The winter planting.
(d) The fall planting.
3. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Williamsburg, Virginia.
4. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Remembering Our Past Project.
(b) Moving Forward Organization.
(c) United America Administration.
(d) Works Progress Administration.
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(a) Outside wives.
(d) Friendly companions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
3. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
5. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)