|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Cox's Snow.
(b) The story of Fox's Snow.
(c) The story of Max's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
2. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) By carriage.
(b) They are dragged.
(c) They walk.
(d) By horseback.
3. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A plantation.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bakery.
4. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
5. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
5. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)