|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Blockade runners.
(b) Bar owners.
(c) Plantation owners.
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Sixteen hundred dollars.
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(b) The warden and his wife.
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He does not mind at all.
(d) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
5. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Master Abraham.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) King Lincoln.
(d) Savior Abraham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
2. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
3. How old is the newspaper that Jesse reads to his men about the Gettysburg Address?
4. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
5. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)