|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) Dominican Republic.
(c) New York.
(d) Nassau, the Bahamas.
2. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
3. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
(a) A couple gallons of water.
(b) A jug of beer.
(c) A couple shirts.
(d) A single basket of food.
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For being abolitionists.
(b) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For stealing money.
5. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
(b) Having affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
3. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
4. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
5. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)