|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the newspaper that Jesse reads to his men about the Gettysburg Address?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
(d) The warden and his wife.
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(c) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
(d) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
5. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) Nassau, the Bahamas.
(c) Dominican Republic.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
2. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
3. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
4. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
5. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)