|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He sells him.
(b) He locks him in the cellar.
(c) He ties him up.
(d) He whips him.
2. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
(a) When the fighting will stop.
(b) Why the men are fed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(c) Why the men are clothed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(d) Why the war had to happen.
3. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Williamsburg.
(b) Camp Birmingham.
(c) Camp Charleston.
(d) Camp Bartow.
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(b) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He does not mind at all.
(d) He punches him.
5. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(b) Burning dead bodies.
(c) Burying dead bodies.
(d) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
4. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
5. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)