|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Winter storms.
(b) Less men joining the army.
(c) Spring rains.
(d) The Confederates to win more battles.
2. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) Nassau, the Bahamas.
(b) Dominican Republic.
(d) New York.
3. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Martha.
(b) He is trying to find Maggie.
(c) He is trying to find Sallie.
(d) He is trying to find Rita.
4. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(c) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(d) She is pregnant with his son's child.
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
2. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
3. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
4. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
5. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)