|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
2. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Martha.
(b) He is trying to find Rita.
(c) He is trying to find Maggie.
(d) He is trying to find Sallie.
3. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sallie and Alexander.
(b) Susie and Alexander.
(c) Sara and Alexander.
(d) Sammy and Alexander.
4. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
(a) A way to gather his crops.
(b) A way to herd in his cattle.
(c) A way to feed his family.
(d) A way to harvest all his apples.
5. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(b) A freshly baked pie.
(d) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
3. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
4. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
5. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)