|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Uther Botkin?
2. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is given no food or water.
(b) He is flogged.
(c) He is put in a dark hole.
(d) He is whipped with a chain.
3. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
(a) Anna and Jesse.
(b) Opal and Franky.
(c) Susie and Jack.
(d) Martha and Jacob.
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(b) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
4. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
5. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)