|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silas do for a living?
(a) Buys and sells slaves.
2. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
3. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(d) She is pregnant with his son's child.
4. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
(a) He says that white men are better soldiers.
(b) He says that they will be paid to be soldiers.
(c) He says that Lincoln is the reason that blacks are free to make a choice for themselves.
(d) He says that they have to decide for themselves what to fight for.
5. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They are both badly wounded.
(b) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
(c) They run away.
(d) They are taken as prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
2. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
3. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
4. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
5. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)