|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(d) Bucking Bronco.
2. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never sell slaves again.
(b) Join the Union Army.
(c) Join the Confederate Army.
(d) Never harbor slaves again.
3. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
4. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
(a) Anna and Jesse.
(b) Susie and Jack.
(c) Martha and Jacob.
(d) Opal and Franky.
5. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
(b) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
3. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
4. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)