|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He stole some food.
(c) He tried to run away.
(d) He beat someone up.
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Less men joining the army.
(b) Spring rains.
(c) Winter storms.
(d) The Confederates to win more battles.
3. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
(a) Long sleeved shirts.
(b) Neckwear that requires tying.
(c) Shirts with buttons.
(d) Shoes with laces.
4. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(c) Uther Botkin's brother.
(d) Uther Botkin's son.
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) February 22, 1858.
(b) April 22, 1856.
(c) January 22, 1857.
(d) March 22, 1859.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
2. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
3. What does Silas do for a living?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
5. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)