|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Burying dead bodies.
(b) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
(c) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(d) Burning dead bodies.
2. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Bar owners.
(b) Blockade runners.
(d) Plantation owners.
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twelve hundred dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(b) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(c) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(d) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Enoch Ommar.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Ernest Ommon.
(d) Erik Ophikeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
2. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
5. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)