|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
2. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) He delivers the message and returns safely.
(b) He trips and falls down a hill, breaking his leg.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls into a bramble thicket and runs away.
3. Whom does Duncan see at an event he attends that he manages a private conversation with in Part III, Chapter 43?
4. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Dillinger family.
(b) The Duggar family.
(c) The Danzinger family.
(d) The Fredericks family.
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(b) For stealing money.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For being abolitionists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
2. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
3. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
5. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)