|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
(a) That they should join the army or become slaves again.
(b) That they are not good enough to join the army, but they will take them anyway.
(c) That they must join the army or starve to death.
(d) That they should join the army for vengeance against the Confederates.
2. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
3. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He is too emotionally upset to work.
(b) He wants them to all die.
(c) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(d) He is too tired to work.
4. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He beat someone up.
(c) He killed someone.
(d) He stole some food.
5. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
(a) Finding food.
(b) Building a fort.
(c) Guard watch.
(d) Making the barracks livable.
Short Answer Questions
1. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
2. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
5. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)