|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Thirty-Seven through Forty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Pleaded for mercy.
(d) Put up more of a fight.
2. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
(a) They both say the story that Marguerite is telling is untrue.
(b) Because she is a prostitute.
(c) Because she is a slave.
(d) They do not like that she's a mulatto.
3. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
4. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(b) Outside wives.
(c) Friendly companions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
2. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
3. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
4. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
5. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)