|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
(b) Burying dead bodies.
(c) Burning dead bodies.
(d) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
2. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(b) Dominican Republic.
(c) Nassau, the Bahamas.
(d) New York.
3. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
4. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Winter storms.
(b) The Confederates to win more battles.
(c) Spring rains.
(d) Less men joining the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
3. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
4. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
5. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)