|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
2. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
3. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Burning dead bodies.
(b) Burying dead bodies.
(c) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(d) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
4. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The spring planting.
(b) The winter planting.
(c) The fall planting.
(d) The summer planting.
5. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(b) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(c) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(d) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
2. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. How is Catesby killed in battle?
5. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)