|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
2. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are cousins.
(b) That they are brothers.
(c) That they are half-brothers.
(d) That he is his son.
3. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) Dominican Republic.
(b) New York.
(c) Nassau, the Bahamas.
4. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
5. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
2. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
4. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)