|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The fall planting.
(b) The winter planting.
(c) The spring planting.
(d) The summer planting.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) Jared Lock.
(b) John Lavell.
(c) James Lane.
(d) Jack Laurence.
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A great deal of money and his watch.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) His favorite rifle.
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(b) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
5. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
2. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
3. What does Silas do for a living?
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
5. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)