|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
2. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Near the Lexington school house in Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Near Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Less men joining the army.
(b) The Confederates to win more battles.
(c) Spring rains.
(d) Winter storms.
4. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
(a) She is flirting with a lot of his men.
(b) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's insistence that she remain away from society as much as possible.
(c) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's attitude about his long hours at work.
(d) He does not like her son Jacob.
5. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(b) He is shot several times in the chest.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He takes his own life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
2. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
3. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
4. What does Silas do for a living?
5. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)