|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Ernest Ommon.
(c) Enoch Ommar.
(d) Ellam Omohundru.
2. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(a) Friendly companions.
(b) Outside wives.
3. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(b) Plantation owners.
(c) Blockade runners.
(d) Bar owners.
4. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
5. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
(a) That she needs to be more compassionate and really feel for the soldiers.
(b) That she must not ever cry or let herself feel for the soldiers.
(c) That she needs to realize that her life is also very fragile.
(d) That the nurses can do everything they can for the wounded, but that the nurses themselves must go on living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
3. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
4. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
5. What does Silas do for a living?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)