|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Put up more of a fight.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Pleaded for mercy.
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) The he will survive.
(b) That he needs not to worry about it.
(c) That she does not know.
(d) That he will not live through the night.
3. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Confederate Army.
(b) To run naked down the street.
(c) To marry his girlfriend.
(d) To join the Northern Army.
4. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Ulysses S Grant.
(c) Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
(a) A cook.
(b) A lieutenant.
(c) A courier.
(d) A sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
2. At the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 51, what are Abigail and Opal planting at the plantation?
3. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
4. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
5. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)