|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(b) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
(c) Burying dead bodies.
(d) Burning dead bodies.
2. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Wayner Hospital.
(b) Camp Wagner Hospital.
(c) Camp Winder Hospital.
(d) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
3. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Ernest Ommon.
(b) Enoch Ommar.
(c) Ellam Omohundru.
(d) Erik Ophikeans.
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) His favorite rifle.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) A great deal of money and his watch.
(d) He does not lose.
5. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) Jack Laurence.
(b) Jared Lock.
(c) John Lavell.
(d) James Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
2. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
3. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
4. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)