|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He wants them to all die.
(b) He is too tired to work.
(c) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(d) He is too emotionally upset to work.
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) He does not lose.
(c) A great deal of money and his watch.
(d) His favorite rifle.
4. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To run naked down the street.
(b) To join the Confederate Army.
(c) To join the Northern Army.
(d) To marry his girlfriend.
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) The he will survive.
(b) That he needs not to worry about it.
(c) That he will not live through the night.
(d) That she does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
2. What is the name of Jesse's Captain in the army?
3. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
4. What does Silas do for a living?
5. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)