|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Put up more of a fight.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Pleaded for mercy.
(d) Killed herself.
2. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(d) Samuel Gatewood.
3. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twelve hundred dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It is torn down.
(b) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(c) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(d) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
5. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
2. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
3. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
4. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
5. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)