|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(a) Friendly companions.
(b) Outside wives.
2. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
(a) A sergeant.
(b) A courier.
(c) A cook.
(d) A lieutenant.
3. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
4. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He wants them to all die.
(b) He is too tired to work.
(c) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(d) He is too emotionally upset to work.
5. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Near the Lexington school house in Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Near Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young Danzinger boy ask Alexander to do for him after it becomes evident the renegades are going to kill him?
2. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
4. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
5. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)