|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
2. What does Silas do for a living?
(b) Buys and sells slaves.
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(d) He does not mind at all.
4. What is the name of Jesse's Captain in the army?
(a) Captain Firestone.
(b) Captain Fessler.
(c) Captain Farley.
(d) Captain Fessenden.
5. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A bakery.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
2. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
3. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
4. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
5. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)