|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
(a) That they know his father to be a spy for the Union Army.
(b) That they know he is a spy for the Union Army.
(c) That they know his father to be a spy for the Confederate Army.
(d) That they know he is a spy for the Confederate Army.
2. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
3. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(b) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(c) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(d) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
4. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
(a) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's attitude about his long hours at work.
(b) He does not like her son Jacob.
(c) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's insistence that she remain away from society as much as possible.
(d) She is flirting with a lot of his men.
5. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
(a) She wants to ensure that Duncan will love Jacob as his own.
(b) She wants to ensure that Samuel will love Jacob as his own.
(c) She wants to ensure that Silas will love Jacob as his own.
(d) She wants to ensure that Jesse will love Jacob as his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
2. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
3. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
4. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
5. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)