|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
(a) Her throat is slit.
(b) She is slashed and her intestines spill out onto the ground.
(c) She stumbles and breaks her leg.
(d) She is shot in the stomach several times.
2. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
3. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They walk.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By carriage.
(d) They are dragged.
4. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They run away.
(b) They are both badly wounded.
(c) They are taken as prisoner.
(d) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
5. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
(a) A courier.
(b) A cook.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) A lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
2. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
5. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)