|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) Cleaning latrines.
(b) At a factory.
(c) On a dock.
(d) Building a bridge.
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(b) He is too emotionally upset to work.
(c) He wants them to all die.
(d) He is too tired to work.
3. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(b) Burying dead bodies.
(c) Burning dead bodies.
(d) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
4. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
(a) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's insistence that she remain away from society as much as possible.
(b) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's attitude about his long hours at work.
(c) He does not like her son Jacob.
(d) She is flirting with a lot of his men.
5. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
2. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
3. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
5. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)