|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Less men joining the army.
(b) Winter storms.
(c) Spring rains.
(d) The Confederates to win more battles.
2. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(b) He wishes he could talk to him.
(c) He does not sit well in a saddle.
(d) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Pleaded for mercy.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Put up more of a fight.
(d) Ran away.
4. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
(a) Near Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Near the Lexington school house in Virginia.
5. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
2. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
4. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
5. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)