|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
2. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
3. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is shot several times in the chest.
(d) He takes his own life.
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(b) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
5. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
2. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
3. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
4. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
5. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)