|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Samuel Gatewood.
2. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
(a) She stumbles and breaks her leg.
(b) She is slashed and her intestines spill out onto the ground.
(c) Her throat is slit.
(d) She is shot in the stomach several times.
3. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
(a) That they know his father to be a spy for the Confederate Army.
(b) That they know his father to be a spy for the Union Army.
(c) That they know he is a spy for the Confederate Army.
(d) That they know he is a spy for the Union Army.
4. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) John Lavell.
(b) Jared Lock.
(c) Jack Laurence.
(d) James Lane.
5. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
3. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
4. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
5. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)