|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(b) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(c) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(d) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
2. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
(a) He does not like her son Jacob.
(b) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's attitude about his long hours at work.
(c) She is flirting with a lot of his men.
(d) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's insistence that she remain away from society as much as possible.
3. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
(a) She wants to ensure that Jesse will love Jacob as his own.
(b) She wants to ensure that Samuel will love Jacob as his own.
(c) She wants to ensure that Duncan will love Jacob as his own.
(d) She wants to ensure that Silas will love Jacob as his own.
4. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Wayner Hospital.
(b) Camp Winder Hospital.
(c) Camp Wagner Hospital.
(d) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
5. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
(a) That she must not ever cry or let herself feel for the soldiers.
(b) That she needs to be more compassionate and really feel for the soldiers.
(c) That the nurses can do everything they can for the wounded, but that the nurses themselves must go on living.
(d) That she needs to realize that her life is also very fragile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
2. What is the name of Jesse's Captain in the army?
3. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
4. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
5. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)