|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Plantation owners.
(b) Blockade runners.
(d) Bar owners.
2. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
3. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Fredericks family.
(b) The Duggar family.
(c) The Dillinger family.
(d) The Danzinger family.
4. What does Silas do for a living?
(c) Buys and sells slaves.
5. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
(a) Mark Danzinger.
(b) Seth Danzinger.
(c) Jacob Danzinger.
(d) Carl Danzinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young Danzinger boy ask Alexander to do for him after it becomes evident the renegades are going to kill him?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
3. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
5. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)