|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(d) Bucking Bronco.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) James Lane.
(b) Jack Laurence.
(c) John Lavell.
(d) Jared Lock.
3. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
(b) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
(c) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(d) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
4. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Dillinger family.
(b) The Duggar family.
(c) The Danzinger family.
(d) The Fredericks family.
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Spring rains.
(b) The Confederates to win more battles.
(c) Less men joining the army.
(d) Winter storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
2. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
3. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
4. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
5. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)