|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) They run to Lincoln, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(b) They run to Robert E. Lee, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(c) They run to Ulysses S Grant, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(d) They run to Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
2. What does Silas do for a living?
(a) Buys and sells slaves.
3. What is the name of Jesse's Captain in the army?
(a) Captain Firestone.
(b) Captain Fessenden.
(c) Captain Fessler.
(d) Captain Farley.
4. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
(a) They do not like that she's a mulatto.
(b) Because she is a slave.
(c) Because she is a prostitute.
(d) They both say the story that Marguerite is telling is untrue.
5. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
2. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
4. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
5. How is Catesby killed in battle?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)