|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
(a) Funny Farrell.
(b) Silly Sally.
(c) Wild Darrell.
(d) Crazy Harry.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
3. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They beg for forgiveness.
(b) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
(c) They run and hide.
(d) The immediately begin fighting back.
4. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
(a) That they know he is a spy for the Union Army.
(b) That they know his father to be a spy for the Confederate Army.
(c) That they know he is a spy for the Confederate Army.
(d) That they know his father to be a spy for the Union Army.
5. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
2. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
5. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)