|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He wants them to all die.
(b) He is too emotionally upset to work.
(c) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(d) He is too tired to work.
2. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
(a) Seth Danzinger.
(b) Carl Danzinger.
(c) Mark Danzinger.
(d) Jacob Danzinger.
3. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
(a) One of the Union soldiers.
(c) One of the Confederate renegades.
(d) One of the Union renegades.
4. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(a) The warden and his wife.
(c) Uther Botkin.
(d) Samuel Gatewood.
5. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They are dragged.
(b) They walk.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
4. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
5. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)