|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body do the Losers see in both 1958 and 1985 inside the tunnels?
2. What does Ben Hanscom find along the path which It has tried to escape in 1985?
3. What happens when Eddie leaves the grocery store where he spent his allowance?
4. Ben tells the other members of the Losers Club about a ritual ceremony that the Indians perform. What is not involved in this ceremony?
5. What does Mike Hanlon say controls Derry in his fourth diary entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike identify the beginning and end of the cycle described in the Third Interlude?
2. What happens when Audra first wakes up from her nightmare in the hotel room and how does she react?
3. Describe Bill and Audra Denbrough's preparation for and ride together on Silver.
4. How is Henry Bowers killed and by whom?
5. Describe the vision Bill Denbrough has when he is battling It telepathically.
6. Describe Eddie's attempt to escape from Henry after he leaves the grocery store where he spent his allowance.
7. How do the Losers respond when Henry is killed?
8. How is the body of Patrick Hockstetter that the Losers see in the tunnel different in 1958 than in 1985.
9. Where did Henry receive his switchblade knife and what does he use it for?
10. Describe Bill Denbrough's encounter with Georgie in the tunnels.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patrick Hockstetter is a sociopath, Beverly Marsh marries an abusive man, and Mike Hanlon is determined to get the group back together to conquer It once and for all. Each of the characters not only has physical characteristics that identify them, but also a set of emotional or mental characteristics. Select any character from the novel and explore the psychology behind their behavior. If you use technical information, make sure to research your claims and cite all of your sources.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Bill Denbrough comes across the concept of a glamour, a character that appears to people according to their imaginations. Write an essay explaining how the idea of the glamour is explored in the novel. Why do you think the word "glamour" is mentioned so few times in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the idea of the Losers Club. Why is it named the Losers Club? How do the members of this club personify the name? How do they serve as contrasting figures to the name Losers? Why do you think Stephen King chose to use the name Losers Club in the novel? What type of first impression does this name give? With what does the Losers Club become synonymous?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)