|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pennywise tell Georgie Denbrough?
2. Who cannot see the blood in the drain?
3. Where does Ben Hanscom go on his walking tour in Part 3?
4. What story does Bill Denbrough tell the boys after they have completed the dam?
5. What does Georgie Denbrough see when he reaches down to retrieve the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike describe Derry in his diary?
2. What story does Bill tell the other boys at the dam and how do they respond?
3. Why was the Black Spot created?
4. Where does Ben go on his walking tour and what is his experience?
5. Describe Ben's dream that he has when he is hiding in the cave waiting for Henry to go away?
6. What does Georgie build and where does he get the idea?
7. What is Juniper Hill and what character resides there?
8. When Eddie is at the field where the children used to play baseball, he sees someone pop up to grab a baseball that has appeared. Who is this person and who does the person change into?
9. What do the fortune cookies the waitress brings at the local restaurant have inside?
10. What does Tom do to Kay to try to persuade her to tell him where Beverly went? What is her breaking point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexuality seems to surround Beverly, the only female member of the Losers Club. How does sexuality surround Beverly? Why do you think all of the sexuality of the book seems to surround Beverly? What does this say about this character? Why is sexuality important to the novel? Is sexuality considered a positive or negative influence in Derry?
Essay Topic 2
Often in novels, authors use one or more of the characters to argue their own viewpoints. What character or set of characters do you think that King uses to communicate his own viewpoints? Is there a specific character that can be defined as Stephen King?
Essay Topic 3
Various crimes are described in the novel. How do you think crimes are connected to It? Explain the connections between the crimes of people and the evil of It.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)