|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill Denbrough find Silver?
2. Who is Dorsey?
3. Where has Henry Bowers been staying since 1958?
4. Who is Pennywise?
5. Where does Beverly Marsh Rogan go on her walking tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie die and who kills him?
2. What do Eddie and Bill build together and where do they build it?
3. Describe what the young men and Adrian's lover see at the canal side and what the police office thinks they saw.
4. Describe Eddie Kaspbrask's reaction to the phone call he receives from Mike Hanlon?
5. How are the events surrounding Adrian's death at the canal handled by the police and the community?
6. How does Bill help Georgie?
7. When Eddie is at the field where the children used to play baseball, he sees someone pop up to grab a baseball that has appeared. Who is this person and who does the person change into?
8. Why does Ben run away from Henry on the last day of school and what happens?
9. Describe Ben's dream that he has when he is hiding in the cave waiting for Henry to go away?
10. What happens when Beverly calls out to the voices she hears in the drain and how does she react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the idea of the Losers Club. Why is it named the Losers Club? How do the members of this club personify the name? How do they serve as contrasting figures to the name Losers? Why do you think Stephen King chose to use the name Losers Club in the novel? What type of first impression does this name give? With what does the Losers Club become synonymous?
Essay Topic 2
Several animals or creatures are introduced throughout the novel. For example, It manifests in the form of a bird and a werewolf. In addition, leeches fly out of the refrigerator and attack Patrick Hockstetter, and Bill Denbrough sees a turtle during a vision that says it created the universe by vomiting it up. Explore the role of animals within the novel. Why is the presence of animals important? What do the specific animals represent?
Essay Topic 3
When Ben Hanscom is hiding in the clubhouse, he dreams about the time he saw a mummy over the frozen canal. Tom and Audra, not members of the Losers Club but married to members, both have nightmares about the tunnels to which they have never been. Write an essay explaining the role of nightmares in the novel. What is the purpose of nightmares? What do nightmares represent? How do nightmares contribute to the novel?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)