|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot see the blood in the drain?
2. Which of the following characters does not help build the dam across the flood waters?
3. What do Bill Denbrough and Richie Tozier find in the house on Neibolt Street?
4. What happens to Georgie Denbrough's boat when he returns outside after talking to Bill?
5. When Mike Hanlon explores the site of the Kitchener Ironworks explosion, what does he see that frightens him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Ben Hanscom reacts to Mike Hanlon's phone call.
2. Describe what happens when Bill looks through Georgie's photo album.
3. How does Georgie die and who kills him?
4. What do Eddie and Bill build together and where do they build it?
5. Describe similarities in the lives of the Losers Club members as adults.
6. What do the fortune cookies the waitress brings at the local restaurant have inside?
7. Why is Adrian confronted for his "I love Derry" hat?
8. When Eddie is at the field where the children used to play baseball, he sees someone pop up to grab a baseball that has appeared. Who is this person and who does the person change into?
9. How is Dorsey Cochran killed and why is it significant?
10. Describe Ben's reaction to seeing Henry at the movies.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Bill Denbrough comes across the concept of a glamour, a character that appears to people according to their imaginations. Write an essay explaining how the idea of the glamour is explored in the novel. Why do you think the word "glamour" is mentioned so few times in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Several animals or creatures are introduced throughout the novel. For example, It manifests in the form of a bird and a werewolf. In addition, leeches fly out of the refrigerator and attack Patrick Hockstetter, and Bill Denbrough sees a turtle during a vision that says it created the universe by vomiting it up. Explore the role of animals within the novel. Why is the presence of animals important? What do the specific animals represent?
Essay Topic 3
At one point in the novel, Bill Denbrough says, "The town is It, and It is the town." What does Bill mean by this? How are the town and It interconnected? Can It survive without the town? Can the town survive without It? What would Derry be like without It?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)