|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the werewolf in the house on Neibolt Street do to Ben?
(a) It cuts open his stomach.
(b) It slits his throat.
(c) There is no werewolf.
(d) It scratches his eyes.
2. Who finally kills It?
(a) Eddie Kaspbrak.
(b) Beverly Marsh.
(c) Ben Hanscom.
(d) Bill Denbrough.
3. According to Bill Denbrough, what is a glamour?
(a) Fashion sense.
(b) A creature that can appear to people as whatever they choose to see.
(c) The light that shines off of the moon and serves as warning of a storm.
(d) A magical creature that looks like a cross between a unicorn and a bear.
4. The children become lost in the tunnels. When do they find their way?
(a) When they find an old worker's map.
(b) They never get out of the tunnel.
(c) When Henry begins to chase them.
(d) After having sex with Beverly.
5. Why does Henry Bowers chase Mike Hanlon into the train depot?
(a) Henry wants Mike to help him with a poem he is writing.
(b) Mike has stolen Henry's girlfriend.
(c) Henry and his father blame the Hanlon family for their bad luck.
(d) Mike wouldn't let Henry cheat off of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Mike Hanlon make about the cycles in the Third Interlude?
2. What causes Bill to remember his father's warning that it is easy to get lost in the tunnels in 1958?
3. What is the only way to stop a glamour?
4. Who begins the Ritual of Chud with It in the tunnel?
5. Why does Mike stay at the library after the others leave their late night meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does It die, and who kills It?
2. Why does the pharmacist pull Eddie into his office and what does he tell him?
3. How do the Losers respond when Henry is killed?
4. Describe the results of the rock fight in the gravel pit.
5. Describe Bill and Audra Denbrough's preparation for and ride together on Silver.
6. Why do the Losers all go to 29 Neibolt Street together and what do they find?
7. How and where do the children make the silver slugs?
8. How does Beverly Marsh solve the problem when everyone is frightened, lost, and pulling away from each other in the caves in 1958? What is the result of her actions?
9. Where did Henry receive his switchblade knife and what does he use it for?
10. What happens when Audra first wakes up from her nightmare in the hotel room and how does she react?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)