|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins the Ritual of Chud with It in the tunnel?
(a) Ben Hanscom.
(b) Mike Hanlon.
(c) Eddie Kaspbrak.
(d) Bill Denbrough.
2. What encounter does Beverly remember on the way back to the hotel from the library?
(a) One time when Tom beat her up for smoking.
(b) Finding out that her father is dead.
(c) Her father checking her body to see if she is a virgin.
(d) Henry and Patrick's sexual encounter at the dump.
3. Why are the lumberjacks killed?
(a) They were victims of Henry Bowers.
(b) They were striking for unsafe work conditions.
(c) Claud Heroux hated them.
(d) They were manifestations of It.
4. What does Bill Denbrough see when It sends him into a mental darkness during the Ritual of Chud in 1958?
(a) A werewolf.
(b) A clown.
(c) A large turtle.
5. Where is Mike Hanlon when the novel ends?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At his mother's
(c) Visiting Bill Denbrough.
(d) In California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mike stay at the library after the others leave their late night meeting?
2. Why do the children leave It in It's nest in 1958?
3. What happens when Audra wakes up from her nightmare?
4. How does Eddie Kaspbrak attack It in the tunnels in 1985?
5. Who finally kills It?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Audra first wakes up from her nightmare in the hotel room and how does she react?
2. Why does Mike Hanlon think he will forget the events of their experience with It?
3. How does It die, and who kills It?
4. How do the Losers respond when Henry is killed?
5. How does Beverly Marsh solve the problem when everyone is frightened, lost, and pulling away from each other in the caves in 1958? What is the result of her actions?
6. Where did Henry receive his switchblade knife and what does he use it for?
7. Why do the Losers all go to 29 Neibolt Street together and what do they find?
8. Who is at the dump when Beverly goes there alone to practice her slingshot and what does she see?
9. Describe the results of the rock fight in the gravel pit.
10. How do the other patrons in the bar react when Claud Heroux pulls out his ax and begins attacking people?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)