|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Bill to remember his father's warning that it is easy to get lost in the tunnels in 1958?
(a) He becomes confused about how to get out of the tunnels.
(b) They see a body of a water department employee who got lost.
(c) Eddie asks if they know where they are going.
(d) They lose Beverly along the way.
2. According to Bill Denbrough, what is a glamour?
(a) A magical creature that looks like a cross between a unicorn and a bear.
(b) The light that shines off of the moon and serves as warning of a storm.
(c) Fashion sense.
(d) A creature that can appear to people as whatever they choose to see.
3. What does Richie not see during his vision in the clubhouse?
(a) The Barrens a long time ago.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) An object that looks like a spaceship.
4. Who did Patrick Hockstetter kill when he was in kindergarten?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His pet.
(d) His sister.
5. What does Bill find outside of the pumping station when they go into the tunnels as adults?
(a) Audra's purse.
(b) It's eggs.
(c) A spider web.
(d) Patrick's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Audra wakes up from her nightmare?
2. What did Mr. Keene tell Eddie when he called Eddie back to his office?
3. How do Bill and Audra Denbrough dress for their ride on Silver?
4. Why does Eddie laugh after he breaks his arm?
5. What does Mike Hanlon say controls Derry in his fourth diary entry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Losers all go to 29 Neibolt Street together and what do they find?
2. Describe the vision that Richie has as a result of the Indian ritual?
3. How do the other patrons in the bar react when Claud Heroux pulls out his ax and begins attacking people?
4. Why does the pharmacist pull Eddie into his office and what does he tell him?
5. How does Mike identify the beginning and end of the cycle described in the Third Interlude?
6. Describe Bill and Audra Denbrough's preparation for and ride together on Silver.
7. Why does Mike Hanlon think he will forget the events of their experience with It?
8. Describe the vision Bill Denbrough has when he is battling It telepathically.
9. Why and how did Patrick Hockstetter kill his infant brother when he was in kindergarten?
10. What happens when Audra first wakes up from her nightmare in the hotel room and how does she react?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)