|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claud Heroux kill?
(b) The people that killed his friends, the lumberjacks.
(c) The lumberjacks.
(d) The bartenders.
2. How is Claud Heroux killed?
(a) He is suffocated with a pillow.
(b) He is stabbed to death.
(c) He is hanged by townsfolk.
(d) He is murdered with an ax.
3. In the newly finished clubhouse, what do the children decide to make to kill It?
(a) A silver slug.
(b) An inhaler.
(c) A silver bullet.
(d) A mousetrap.
4. Which of the following characters is not at the dump when the farting games are taking place?
(a) Patrick Hockstetter.
(b) Bill Denbrough.
(c) Victor Criss.
(d) Henry Bowers.
5. What happens when Eddie leaves the grocery store where he spent his allowance?
(a) He goes back to the pharmacy.
(b) He runs into Henry.
(c) He sees his mother.
(d) He breaks his arm in a fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Bill to remember his father's warning that it is easy to get lost in the tunnels in 1958?
2. How is It finally killed?
3. To whom did the store owner of Derry report the presence of the gang?
4. What gets trapped inside It's mouth during the attack in the cave?
5. Where is Richie when the novel ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise do the Losers make in 1958 when they come out of the tunnels and how do they seal this promise?
2. Describe the Indian ritual that the Losers decide to try and where they complete the ritual.
3. Describe the vision that Richie has as a result of the Indian ritual?
4. How is the body of Patrick Hockstetter that the Losers see in the tunnel different in 1958 than in 1985.
5. Why and how did Patrick Hockstetter kill his infant brother when he was in kindergarten?
6. Describe the Ritual of Chud.
7. Who is at the dump when Beverly goes there alone to practice her slingshot and what does she see?
8. How and where do the children make the silver slugs?
9. How does Mike identify the beginning and end of the cycle described in the Third Interlude?
10. Why does the pharmacist pull Eddie into his office and what does he tell him?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)