|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do most of the children leave the clubhouse after they start the Indian ritual?
(a) They see death.
(b) They think they hear someone coming.
(c) The smoke is too strong.
(d) They are frightened.
2. What does Henry Bowers do to Mike Hanlon when he attacks him as an adult?
(a) He slits his throat.
(b) He punches his face.
(c) He chokes him.
(d) He stabs him in the thigh.
3. What observation does Mike Hanlon make about the cycles in the Third Interlude?
(a) They happen every 50 years.
(b) They randomly start and stop.
(c) They seem to need a huge event to begin and end.
(d) They have kept the crime rate down.
4. What does Audra have a nightmare about in her hotel room?
(a) The gravel pit.
(b) The tunnels.
(c) The dump.
(d) The Barrens.
5. What happens when Audra wakes up from her nightmare?
(a) The electricity goes out.
(b) A clown appears under her bed.
(c) She sees Henry's body floating in the room.
(d) The TV shows a clown holding her director's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose photo album does Mike bring to the clubhouse?
2. In the newly finished clubhouse, what do the children decide to make to kill It?
3. What happens when Bill Denbrough takes Audra for a ride on Silver?
4. What causes Bill to remember his father's warning that it is easy to get lost in the tunnels in 1958?
5. Why does the Bradley Gang come to Derry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the vision that Richie has as a result of the Indian ritual?
2. How is the body of Patrick Hockstetter that the Losers see in the tunnel different in 1958 than in 1985.
3. Why does Mike Hanlon think he will forget the events of their experience with It?
4. Who is at the dump when Beverly goes there alone to practice her slingshot and what does she see?
5. Describe the clubhouse that the Losers build.
6. Why does the pharmacist pull Eddie into his office and what does he tell him?
7. Why and how did Patrick Hockstetter kill his infant brother when he was in kindergarten?
8. How does It die, and who kills It?
9. How do the Losers respond when Henry is killed?
10. Describe Eddie's attempt to escape from Henry after he leaves the grocery store where he spent his allowance.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)