|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Ben Hanscom and Beverly Marsh when the book ends?
(a) Planning to kill Tom Rogan.
(b) Still in Derry.
(c) Returning to Nebraska together.
(d) In California.
2. What observation does Mike Hanlon make about the cycles in the Third Interlude?
(a) They randomly start and stop.
(b) They have kept the crime rate down.
(c) They seem to need a huge event to begin and end.
(d) They happen every 50 years.
3. During a flashback in chapter 13, where is Mike Hanlon headed when Henry Bowers begins to chase him?
(a) The Barrens.
(b) The school where he attends church.
(c) The church where he attends school.
(d) The train depot.
4. What comes out of the refrigerator in the dump when Patrick Hockstetter opens it?
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A dog.
5. When does Richie come to from his vision?
(a) When he is pulled from the clubhouse.
(b) When Bill punches him.
(c) When It kills him.
(d) When he is stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mike Hanlon first see Henry after the meeting is adjourned in the library?
2. Whose photo album does Mike bring to the clubhouse?
3. Where does It emerge from in the house on Neibolt Street?
4. Who did Patrick Hockstetter kill when he was in kindergarten?
5. Why do most of the children leave the clubhouse after they start the Indian ritual?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Losers all go to 29 Neibolt Street together and what do they find?
2. Why does Mike Hanlon think he will forget the events of their experience with It?
3. How does It die, and who kills It?
4. How do the Losers respond when Henry is killed?
5. How and where do the children make the silver slugs?
6. Describe the vision Bill Denbrough has when he is battling It telepathically.
7. How does Mike identify the beginning and end of the cycle described in the Third Interlude?
8. Why does the pharmacist pull Eddie into his office and what does he tell him?
9. How does Beverly Marsh solve the problem when everyone is frightened, lost, and pulling away from each other in the caves in 1958? What is the result of her actions?
10. Describe the Indian ritual that the Losers decide to try and where they complete the ritual.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)