|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bill Denbrough, what is a glamour?
(a) Fashion sense.
(b) A creature that can appear to people as whatever they choose to see.
(c) The light that shines off of the moon and serves as warning of a storm.
(d) A magical creature that looks like a cross between a unicorn and a bear.
2. Where do the Losers come out of the tunnels in the 1950s?
(a) Through a pumping station in the Barrens.
(b) They never come out.
(c) Through a secret door in their clubhouse.
(d) At the Standpipe.
3. Where are Ben Hanscom and Beverly Marsh when the book ends?
(a) Returning to Nebraska together.
(b) In California.
(c) Still in Derry.
(d) Planning to kill Tom Rogan.
4. What do the children tell Bill's parents they are going to do the night they make silver slugs?
(a) Make silver slugs.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Play Monopoly.
(d) Have a pizza party.
5. To whom did the store owner of Derry report the presence of the gang?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The women in town.
(c) The police.
(d) The men in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowers do to Mike Hanlon when he attacks him as an adult?
2. Why do the members of the Losers Club go to 29 Neibolt Street together?
3. What does the werewolf in the house on Neibolt Street do to Ben?
4. What does Audra have a nightmare about in her hotel room?
5. Where is Mike Hanlon when the novel ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Henry Bowers killed and by whom?
2. Why and how did Patrick Hockstetter kill his infant brother when he was in kindergarten?
3. Describe the Indian ritual that the Losers decide to try and where they complete the ritual.
4. How does It die, and who kills It?
5. How do the Losers respond when Henry is killed?
6. How does Mike identify the beginning and end of the cycle described in the Third Interlude?
7. Why does the pharmacist pull Eddie into his office and what does he tell him?
8. Describe the vision Bill Denbrough has when he is battling It telepathically.
9. Why does Mike Hanlon think he will forget the events of their experience with It?
10. Describe the results of the rock fight in the gravel pit.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)