Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part One, The Shadow Before: Chapter 1, After the Flood (1957)
1. What does Georgie build and where does he get the idea?
2. Why does Georgie go inside to talk to Bill and why isn't Bill outside playing with Georgie in the flood waters?
3. How does Bill help Georgie?
4. How does Georgie die and who kills him?
Short Essay Question - Part One, The Shadow Before: Chapter 2, After the Festival, (1984)
5. Why is Adrian confronted for his "I love Derry" hat?
This section contains 1,240 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)