Short Answer Key
Part One, The Shadow Before: Chapter 1, After the Flood (1957)
1. When did the main characters of the book first meet?
2. What is the name of the force that the characters fight?
3. How many years after they bonded did the characters reunite in their hometown?
4. Why is Bill Denbrough in bed during the flood?
He has the flu.
5. What does Georgie Denbrough try to build?
A paper boat.
6. Why does Georgie Denbrough go see his brother in bed?
So Bill will help him make the boat.
7. What happens to Georgie Denbrough's boat when he returns outside after talking to Bill?
It falls into the drain.
8. What does Georgie Denbrough see when he reaches down to retrieve the boat?
9. What does Pennywise tell Georgie Denbrough?
That there is a circus in the drain.
This section contains 3,182 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)