Part One, The Shadow Before: Chapter 1, After the Flood (1957)
1. When did the main characters of the book first meet?
(a) At work.
(b) As children.
(c) At college.
(d) On a reunion to their home town.
2. What is the name of the force that the characters fight?
3. How many years after they bonded did the characters reunite in their hometown?
4. Why is Bill Denbrough in bed during the flood?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) It is late at night.
(c) He is in trouble.
(d) He has a broken leg.
5. What does Georgie Denbrough try to build?
(a) A fort.
(b) A paper airplane.
(c) A go-cart.
(d) A paper boat.
6. Why does Georgie Denbrough go see his brother in bed?
(a) So Bill will wake up and play with him.
(b) Because he feels bad that he is sick.
(c) Because he sees a clown.
(d) So Bill will help him make the boat.
7. What happens to Georgie Denbrough's boat when he returns outside after talking to Bill?
(a) It falls into the drain.
(b) It becomes waterlogged.
(c) It falls apart.
(d) It sails into the street.
This section contains 5,274 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)