|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes by to take Sam home for Sunday dinner?
(a) Grandma Smith.
2. What was Larry watching when Emmett showed up at Irene's house in Lexington?
(c) Young Frankenstein.
(d) Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
3. Who finds Sam at Caewood's Pond?
4. Where has Ken gotten the opportunity to rent an apartment for him and Dawn?
(a) Above Jones' Furniture Store.
(b) Near the Paducah Mall.
(c) A block from the old Capitol Cinema.
(d) Next to the train station.
5. When Mawmaw says she is fifty-eight, she also says that she has twenty years worth of what tacked onto her age?
(b) Fat layers.
6. What does Sam think is a pleasant thing for a guy to have in his room?
(a) A picture of his mother.
(b) A night light.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A quilt.
7. Where does Pete want to take Sam that creeps her out?
(a) Caewood's Pond.
(b) The Bottom.
8. What is Irene watching on TV while Sam and Emmett clear out her old room?
(b) Between Friends.
(c) Remington Steele.
9. Who does Sam realize that Ronald Reagan looks exactly like?
(a) Arnold Schwartzenegger.
(b) A stick of beef jerkey.
(c) Dagwood Bumstead.
(d) Her grandfather.
10. What does Lonnie tell Sam to get to eat because she is too skinny?
(a) A double cheeseburger.
(b) A whole cheesecake.
(c) A large pizza.
(d) A large bag of Doritos.
11. How does the Coke she drinks in the morning make her feel?
(a) Like a kid.
(c) Light headed.
(d) Dizzy and sick.
12. Which panel of the Vietnam Memorial shows Dayne Hughes' name?
13. What had Sam lost the desire for one Christmas that parallel's her loss of desire for Lonnie?
(a) Funnel cake.
(c) Chocolate-covered cherries.
(d) Fruit cake.
14. The deep V of the Vietnam Memorial reminds Sam of what?
(a) The blackness of Tom's despair.
(b) The pits of Hell.
(c) The death marches she has read about.
(d) The white wings of the mall in Paducah.
15. What does Sam give Moon Pie to gnaw on while she talks to her mother?
(a) A doggie treat.
(b) An insect.
(c) A piece of chicken.
(d) A barbecued rib.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene buy for Sam as a gift that it turns out Emmett told Irene to buy?
2. What does Grandma say when she and Sam are talking and Grandpa teasingly inquires about their conversation?
3. Because of the jungle marching, Dwayne writes that his feet look like what?
4. What movie does Lonnie ask if Sam wants to go see?
5. What correspondence course does Lonnie want to take to get work?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)