|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam give Moon Pie to gnaw on while she talks to her mother?
(a) A barbecued rib.
(b) A piece of chicken.
(c) A doggie treat.
(d) An insect.
2. Where had Emmett hidden a joint that Sam finds and smokes?
(a) In a niche under the stairs.
(b) In a can of cocoa mix.
(c) In the refrigerator.
(d) In his sock drawer.
3. Darrel carries what around for good luck?
(a) A dead enemy soldier's tooth.
(b) A coin from his birth year.
(c) A mangy rabbit's foot.
(d) A pearl from his mother's necklace.
4. According to Grandma Smith, what do young folks not appreciate?
(a) Family values.
(b) The value of a dollar.
(d) What they have.
5. Who cracks up at the end of M*A*S*H when he sees the baby get smothered by its mother at the end?
(d) Colonel Potter.
6. What does Irene buy for Sam as a gift that it turns out Emmett told Irene to buy?
(a) A M*A*S*H T-shirt.
(b) A Beatles album.
(c) A gift certificate to the Paducah Mall.
(d) A heart necklace.
7. What does Emmett say when Sam tells him she is not afraid of snakes or hoot owls?
(a) "You are brave.".
(c) "Good, because there is a snake behind you.".
(d) "That's stupid.".
8. What is Mawmaw's daughter's name?
9. What is the plan Emmett announces out of the blue?
(a) That he was going to get a job.
(b) That they are going to the Vietnam Memorial.
(c) That he and Anita were going to get married.
(d) That he is going to fill the hole he dug by the house.
10. Apparently the Vietnamese could make a bomb out of what that the Americans threw away?
(a) A shell casing.
(b) A Coke can.
(c) A plastic bag.
(d) An apple core.
11. What does Lorenzo Jones collect?
(c) Jim Beam bottles.
(d) Imported beer cans.
12. Emmett had what ailment when he was eleven?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) The chick pox.
(c) The measles.
(d) The mumps.
13. In Sam's opinion, the writer Thoreau was what?
14. What greets Sam when she gets back to her house?
(a) A ransacked house.
(b) An eviction notice.
(c) A flea bomb.
(d) An overflowing sink.
15. What does Sam ask Emmett to do in regards of the car she is buying?
(a) To fix the clutch.
(b) To pay for repairs.
(c) To help pay for gas.
(d) To sign for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Ken gotten the opportunity to rent an apartment for him and Dawn?
2. What has caused the tiny bumps on Tom's back?
3. Where does toilet water flow clockwise, according to Sam?
4. What Doors song is playing on the radio when Sam is decorating the ceramic cat?
5. The deep V of the Vietnam Memorial reminds Sam of what?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)