|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lonnie eating for breakfast that he thinks is good for a hangover?
(a) Raw steak.
(b) Cold asparagus.
(c) Cheerios with Coke poured over them.
(d) Cocoa leaves.
2. What has caused the tiny bumps on Tom's back?
(c) Cat hair.
3. Which panel of the Vietnam Memorial shows Dayne Hughes' name?
4. According to Sam, her mother had an explanation for everything now that she was taking what class?
(d) Social Science.
5. Where has Ken gotten the opportunity to rent an apartment for him and Dawn?
(a) A block from the old Capitol Cinema.
(b) Near the Paducah Mall.
(c) Above Jones' Furniture Store.
(d) Next to the train station.
6. Who had Emmett ridden with to Lexington?
7. Who died at Caewood's Pond?
(a) A drunk driver from her high school.
(b) An old outlaw.
(c) Sam's uncle.
(d) A senator.
8. What is the card table covered with at Tom's apartment?
(c) An old sheet.
(d) Oil cloth.
9. Who is mad because Darrel's gear is scattered all over the place?
(a) Hot Shot.
(c) Uncle B.
(d) Bobby G.
10. Darrel carries what around for good luck?
(a) A pearl from his mother's necklace.
(b) A dead enemy soldier's tooth.
(c) A coin from his birth year.
(d) A mangy rabbit's foot.
11. Mawmaw wants to do what to Dwayne's name on the memorial?
(a) Get a paper impression from it.
(b) Color it.
(c) Cover it up.
(d) Touch it.
12. What is the name of Irene's new baby?
13. What makes Irene's hair look like Mrs. Biggs' forsythia bush?
(a) Too much blond dye.
(b) The humidity.
(c) Her new curly permanent.
(d) Rat combing and Aquanet.
14. Sam finds a year's worth of what that had been saved for the Boy Scouts in the basement?
(a) Old clothes.
(b) The Hopewell Citizen.
(c) Canned food.
(d) Reader's Digest.
15. Sam thinks she has always been good at figuring out what?
(d) Relationsip dilemmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emmett call the dentist's dinner dance that Irene goes to?
2. What is going on in New Orleans that Lorenzo jones thinks Mawmaw should see?
3. What does Sam think of the United States as she drives to Washington?
4. What correspondence course does Lonnie want to take to get work?
5. What does Emmett say when Sam tells him she is not afraid of snakes or hoot owls?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)