|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irene shows up at the house with Emmett in what kind of car?
(a) A Grand Am.
(b) A T-top Corvette.
(c) A Mercedes convertible.
(d) A Trans Am.
2. What movie does Lonnie ask if Sam wants to go see?
(b) Return of the Jedi.
(c) The Spy Who Loved Me.
3. What correspondence course does Lonnie want to take to get work?
(a) Air-conditioning repair.
(b) Television repair.
(c) Plumbing repair.
(d) Camera repair.
4. Where does Sam let Emmett out so she can drive around the parking lot while he shops?
(a) K Mart.
5. Mawmaw sets a platter of what on the table to eat?
(c) Fried rabbit.
6. What does Irene buy for Sam as a gift that it turns out Emmett told Irene to buy?
(a) A Beatles album.
(b) A M*A*S*H T-shirt.
(c) A heart necklace.
(d) A gift certificate to the Paducah Mall.
7. What idea from the war is Sam trying to emulate by staying outside at night?
(a) Stalking the enemy.
(b) Humping the boonies.
(c) Raking the rat holes.
(d) Pre-empting ambush.
8. What is Lonnie eating for breakfast that he thinks is good for a hangover?
(a) Raw steak.
(b) Cheerios with Coke poured over them.
(c) Cold asparagus.
(d) Cocoa leaves.
9. Emmett had what ailment when he was eleven?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) The mumps.
(c) The measles.
(d) The chick pox.
10. What has caused the tiny bumps on Tom's back?
(c) Cat hair.
11. The deep V of the Vietnam Memorial reminds Sam of what?
(a) The death marches she has read about.
(b) The white wings of the mall in Paducah.
(c) The pits of Hell.
(d) The blackness of Tom's despair.
12. When Mawmaw says she is fifty-eight, she also says that she has twenty years worth of what tacked onto her age?
(d) Fat layers.
13. How big does Emmett say the fleas are in Vietnam?
(a) As big as a racoon.
(b) The size of blood-sucking rats.
(c) The size of puppy dogs.
(d) The size of rats.
14. From where did Lonnie and his buddies get joke presents for the stag party?
(a) An adult bookstoore.
(b) The drugstore.
(d) The Comedy Shop.
15. What artist has a video on MTV that Sam recognizes as she pours herself a Pepsi while talking to her mother?
(a) Ozzy Osbourne.
(c) Twisted Sister.
(d) Bon Jovi.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are apparently no nightmares in the jungle, just what?
2. Sam thinks she has always been good at figuring out what?
3. What radio station's DJ's tell sick jokes that Sam doesn't like?
4. Where did Irene and Dwayne get married?
5. How does the Coke she drinks in the morning make her feel?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)