Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
2. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
3. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
4. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
5. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bombeck's emphasis on honesty and candor at all times in the following format:
Part 1) Portrayals of her family.
Part 2) The artifice of game shows, plus the intrusion of the media.
Part 3) The confessional feel of "Are You Listening?"
Part 4) Her use of exaggeration in conjunction to her honesty.
Part 5) Her stance on aging and beauty.
Cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay on Bombeck's observations about the passage of time. Include her feelings on a quickly-moving society, the ephemeral natures of fads, and her beliefs about beauty coming with experience. Relate these ideas back to her outlook on recording her observations with candor and humor. Cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How did Bombeck's writing blend together different genres? Discuss this question by analyzing the different genres in which she delves for her writing. Be sure to use examples from essays spanning through several years of her career while being guided by a strong thesis statement.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)