Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
2. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
3. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
4. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
5. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about "Are You Listening?" Discuss the action of this story, as well as Bombeck's reasoning for sharing her experiences, despite her admittedly less than patient behavior. Discuss this essay by comparing it to different circumstances which showcase Bombeck's admitted fallibility with being a patient person and how she hoped to spread her learned lesson to her readers. Cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Write a brief essay that details Bombeck's relationship to the media. Discuss her ideas on game shows, magazine articles that raise expectations for working parents, and different trends. Conversely, discuss her ironic reliance on the media to allow her work to be heard.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bombeck's use of observational humor in "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?" Focus particularly on her anecdotes about her family and how she feels particularly confused by certain trends and ideas in society.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)