|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
2. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
3. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
4. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
5. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bombeck's ability to transcend the stereotypes of the housewife and her methods of celebrating the position. It would be helpful to compare her earlier essays to her later essays. Develop a clear thesis statement and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Bombeck's success as a columnist was directly tied to the time period in which she wrote. Analyze the criticism she faced for her gender and seeming lack of feminism. Develop a clear thesis statement in order to discuss these questions and cite specific examples from the text to help support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay relating Bombeck's annoyance at the overabundance of technologies and conveniences to her values of honesty and morality. Create a clear thesis on this subject while using strong examples from the text to support your answers and conclusions.
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)