|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what question was "I. Dontcare" the response?
(a) Where their sibling was hiding.
(b) When their friend was coming over.
(c) Whether anyone would like liver for dinner.
(d) When their homework was due.
2. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move to New York City.
(b) Move into their own apartment.
(c) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
(d) Move to England.
3. What was Bombeck worried that scientists would discover?
(a) Pantyhose would be bad for you.
(b) Wine had no health benefits.
(c) Lettuce was fattening.
(d) Exercise decreased one's lifespan.
4. According to Bombeck's mother, why did she name her daughter "Erma"?
(a) She wanted to name her daughter after her grandmother.
(b) She claimed it was easy to remember.
(c) She wanted her daughter to have a classic name.
(d) She wanted her daughter to stand out in a crowd.
5. What has Bombeck's family not mastered in "Is There Life After Mine?"
(a) Table manners.
(b) Basic household chores.
(c) Listening to her.
(d) Taking messages on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
2. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
3. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
4. Who was "I. Dontcare?"
5. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)