|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
(a) His decision to sacrifice his marriage for his children.
(b) His ability to discipline his children from across the country.
(c) His dedication to his career.
(d) His ability to relieve his wife's depression.
2. In "Mother Mystique," what did Bombeck believe was the only way for a mother to survive?
(a) Taking control of the car radio.
(b) Assigning chores.
(c) Knowing what their children were always doing.
(d) Sending the children to school.
3. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
4. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
(a) The employee needed to keep their health insurance costs down.
(b) The office could not confirm if the employee had a doctor's appointment.
(c) If the person is well enough to go the doctor, they are well enough to work.
(d) The employee can only leave for doctor's appointments for the children.
5. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
(a) Give her lessons in properly preparing chicken for pasta.
(b) Allow her to write a column about his customers.
(c) Offer her lower prices on meat.
(d) Visit her house to evaluate what she did wrong in cooking a roast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bombeck worried that scientists would discover?
2. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
3. When her family mourned Bombeck's imaginary death in "Is There Life After Mine?" what did they regret the most?
4. In what event must Bombeck's family use the manual she wrote up in "Is There Life After Mine?"
5. What name did Bombeck's mother use that was closest to her actual name in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)