|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 41 - 86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Bleached her black clothing.
(b) Buttered her hand.
(c) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
(d) Shaved her tongue.
2. According to Bombeck in "Primer for Imaginative Children," what can food from the refrigerator not do?
(a) Fulfill all nutritional requirements for the day.
(b) Act as an excuse for a child's forgetfulness.
(c) Cook itself to the children's specifications.
(d) Put itself away.
3. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
(a) Her family was not funny.
(b) Her family preferred books over television.
(c) She preferred to do household chores while pretending to be in a sitcom.
(d) Watching TV was not a bonding experience for her family.
4. According to Bombeck's list of guidelines that determine whether a child should call their parent at work, the amount of what substance ought to be evaluated to constitute an emergency?
5. Of what did Lorraine Suggs accuse her husband?
(a) Being too strict on the kids.
(b) Intentionally making a mess when he was home.
(c) Ignoring his family.
(d) Cheating on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
2. What did Bombeck attempt to recite in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV series?" that ended up not being funny?
3. To what question was "I. Dontcare" the response?
4. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
5. According to Bombeck, what could her mother never get right about her, despite her status as an only child?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)