|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Navidson reaches into the door at the end of the hallway, what does the air feel like?
2. What is the name of the mountain elf that helps Zeus in Greek mythology?
3. What is the name of the Navidson's dog?
4. When Johnny visits the bar with his boss, what does he hope to show him?
5. What fear does Karen have in her new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Will take with him on the rescue mission into the hallway?
2. Who is Amber, and how does Johnny find her?
3. How does Thumper react to the writings Johnny creates about her?
4. How does Johnny react to his readings about Echo found in Zampano's trunk?
5. How does Will find Wax and Jed, and what happens when he locates the men?
6. How did Zampano die?
7. What does Will Navidson film when he and his family move into their new home on Ash Tree Lane?
8. What happens in the Navidson home while the family is away at a wedding in Seattle?
9. What happens when Johnny meets Kylie at a bar?
10. What does Johnny write about when he writes about Thumper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will Navidson has an interesting and unusual relationship with his immediate family. First, describe Will's relationship to his partner, Karen, and their two children Daisy and Chad. Then, give at least two examples of the way Will treats his family, and explain how these examples strengthen your initial argument about Will's relationship with his family.
Essay Topic 2
Johnny's decent into madness soon begins to affect all areas of his life. First, describe the physical changes to Johnny's home as he begins to go insane. Then, explain how his professional life is affected by his insanity, and compare the effects to the effects on Johnny's personal life and relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Thumper proves to be a very important person in Johnny's life. First, describe Thumper and the way she and Johnny meet. Then, explain how Thumper helps Johnny come to terms with his destructive childhood. Finally, explain why Johnny trusts Thumper enough to divulge his disturbing history to her.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)