|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginia Posah do for a living?
2. What is Lude's real first name?
3. Where does Will hear knocking and know the explorers need to be rescued?
4. Which of the following men is NOT a member of the exploration team in Will's home?
5. What beverage do Audrey and Karen like to drink together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will find Wax and Jed, and what happens when he locates the men?
2. How did Zampano die?
3. What happens when Johnny meets Kylie at a bar?
4. What happens when Navidson encounters the door at the end of the long hallway in the House of Leaves?
5. What happens when Audrey comes from Washington to visit with Karen?
6. What is Will's first impression of Holloway Roberts?
7. What happens to the little dog Johnny finds while walking to his car from the bar?
8. Who is Amber, and how does Johnny find her?
9. What happens in the Navidson home while the family is away at a wedding in Seattle?
10. How did Lude and Johnny come into contact with "The Navidson Report"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thumper proves to be a very important person in Johnny's life. First, describe Thumper and the way she and Johnny meet. Then, explain how Thumper helps Johnny come to terms with his destructive childhood. Finally, explain why Johnny trusts Thumper enough to divulge his disturbing history to her.
Essay Topic 2
Johnny Truant, like Will Navidson, is a man with a troubled childhood. First, describe Johnny's childhood as he remembers it throughout the novel. Then, explain why Johnny's childhood might have prompted his later obsession with the writings in Zampano's trunk. Finally, explain how the writings in Zampano's trunk help to give Johnny a deeper understanding of the childhood he survived.
Essay Topic 3
Zampano is a mysterious character who creeps around Lude's apartment building. First, describe Zampano as Lude remembers him. Then, explain the mystery surrounding Zampano's death. Finally, explain how the contents of Zampano's trunk eventually unleash an obsession in Johnny Truant.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)