|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Karen leave her children with when she returns to Virginia searching for Will?
(a) With her brother.
(b) With her father.
(c) With her mother.
(d) With her sister.
2. In all the Navidson case reports, which character is seen as the hero of the story?
3. How much are the beers Johnny buys while in Flagstaff?
4. What does Timothy K Thuan do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a sheriff.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is an art critique.
5. Where does Johnny sleep when he moves to Flagstaff?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In his car.
(c) With friends.
(d) On a park bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following utilities is shut off in Johnny's home after he fails to pay his bill?
2. Which of the following body parts did Will lose due to frostbite?
3. Who does Johnny claim wrote the book "House of Leaves"?
4. Who answers the door when Teppet Brooks comes knocking?
5. Which of the following authors is NOT an expert on the Navidson case in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the only two reasons Johnny has for leaving his apartment after he slips into insanity?
2. How does the real estate agent react to Karen's decision to sell the home in Virginia?
3. How does Johnny learn that he wrote a book entitled "House of Leaves"?
4. Why does Karen call Fowler for support?
5. What critique does Timothy K Thuan give of Will's photography?
6. What prompts Chad's schoolteacher to knock on the Navidson's front door?
7. What injuries has Will sustained in the hallway, and what happens to him after he is rescued from the hallway by Karen?
8. How does Will pass the time in the hallway once his batteries have run out?
9. What nightmare does Johnny frequently have that involves a frat boy?
10. During his solo exploration of the hallway, how far does Will travel every day?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)