|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following utilities is shut off in Johnny's home after he fails to pay his bill?
2. How old was Johnny when his mother spilled hot oil on him?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 24 years old.
3. How long does the police officer search for Will before finally giving up?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
4. Which of the following characters is the one to finally locate Will within the mysterious hallway?
5. On his solo exploration, how long does Will travel before finally reaching the giant staircase?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 6 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Will is injured when he falls off his bike on his solo exploration of the hallway?
2. Where does Johnny sleep when he moves to Flagstaff?
3. What does Johnny use for light after his electricity is cut off?
4. Who does Reston encourage Will to call when he runs out of money for experiments on the house?
5. Which of the following elements is NOT measured in tests at the mysterious hallway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What critique does Timothy K Thuan give of Will's photography?
2. Before Karen arrives in Virginia in search of Will, how does he spend his days?
3. What prompts Chad's schoolteacher to knock on the Navidson's front door?
4. What is the response to the shortened film Karen sends out to her friends and families?
5. How does Will get left behind after returning to the staircase in the hallway?
6. How does Will react to Reston's suggestion that he call "National Geographic" and let them take over the investigation of the hallway?
7. What did Johnny's mother write him a letter to apologize for?
8. How does Johnny respond to Thumper's invitation to come over for dinner?
9. Why does Karen call Fowler for support?
10. What kind of life did Johnny live during the six months he stayed in Seattle?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)