|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his solo exploration, how long does Will travel before finally reaching the giant staircase?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 4 days.
2. Which of the following characters is the one to finally locate Will within the mysterious hallway?
3. What beverage does Will consume in copious amounts while discussing his future with Reston?
(c) Captain Morgan.
(d) Jack Daniels.
4. Which of the following types of fish is the only food Johnny eats after slipping into insanity?
5. Which of the following body parts did Will lose due to frostbite?
(a) His hand.
(b) His leg.
(c) His foot.
(d) His arm.
6. What does Johnny call the hospital where he is staying when Lude dies?
(a) The asylum.
(b) The school.
(c) The big house.
(d) The sugar shack.
7. Which of the following holidays does Will miss with his family, deeply disappointing Karen?
(d) Fourth of July.
8. Which of the following utilities is shut off in Johnny's home after he fails to pay his bill?
9. Who is Teppet Brooks?
(a) Daisy's nanny.
(b) Holloway's girlfriend.
(c) Chad's schoolteacher.
(d) Karen's best friend.
10. Who does Johnny claim wrote the book "House of Leaves"?
11. Who does Reston encourage Will to call when he runs out of money for experiments on the house?
(a) The Telegraph.
(b) The Sun Newspaper.
(c) The National Enquirer.
(d) National Geographic Magazine.
12. What does Timothy K Thuan urge people to buy for Will?
(a) A brain.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new car.
(d) A beer.
13. How fast does Will typically travel on his bike?
(a) 10 mph.
(b) 40 mph.
(c) 20 mph.
(d) 30 mph.
14. In all the Navidson case reports, which character is seen as the hero of the story?
15. When writing, what letter does Johnny substitute for the letter "s"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from the grocery store, what is the only other place Johnny leaves his apartment to visit?
2. At what time of day does Will emerge from the hallway?
3. How long does Will stay away from his family before finally making contact with them again?
4. Which of the following authors is NOT an expert on the Navidson case in the novel?
5. What is the house in Virginia built on top of?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)