|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audrey do for a living?
(a) She is a flight attendant.
(b) She is a dental hygienist.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is a travel agent.
2. What is the name of the house with the long hallway?
(a) The Earth House.
(b) The House of Leaves.
(c) The House of Water.
(d) The Grass Shack.
3. How many explorations do the men take into Will's mysterious hallway?
4. Where does Audrey live?
(a) In Washington.
(b) In Mississippi.
(c) In Louisiana.
(d) In Illinois.
5. What does Will Navidson do for a living?
(a) He is a zookeeper.
(b) He is a photographer.
(c) He is an algebra teacher.
(d) He is a filmmaker.
6. How many film trailers are described in the opening chapter of the novel?
7. What do the men use to measure the length of the hallway?
(b) A tape measure.
(d) Fishing line.
8. Which character frequently imagines Zampano lying alone in his apartment, dying?
9. What is the name of the Navidson's dog?
10. What scent does Johnny associate with Thumper, the stripper?
(a) Apple blossoms.
(b) Peppermint tea.
(c) Jasmine bushes.
(d) Pine trees.
11. Who is Zeus married to in Greek mythology?
12. Who is the first person Will calls when the mysterious construction occurs in his home?
(a) The fire squad.
(b) The real estate agent.
(c) The engineer.
(d) The pastor.
13. What does Johnny help some thugs purchase from a ship for $5,000?
14. What is the trunk in Zampano's apartment filled with?
15. What is the name of the bar where Johnny and Lude meet Lucy?
(a) The Rock Bar.
(b) The Ocean Bar.
(c) The Sand Bar.
(d) The Sky Bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Johnny visits the bar with his boss, what does he hope to show him?
2. What month of the year does Thumper remind Johnny of?
3. Who was with Zampano when he passed away?
4. What is the name of the stripper Johnny claims to be in love with?
5. What does Will install in every room of his new home, except for the bathrooms?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)