|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a result of the expansion of the Reformation?
2. What does Luther continue to stress in his teaching?
3. What does Luther hold as necessary to find spiritual answers?
4. What is a matter of difference between Luther and Katherine?
5. Discussion is allowed in Wittenberg, but what is not allowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luther's typical work week.
2. What two aspects of Luther's life give him comfort?
3. How does Luther plan to leave Wartburg Castle?
4. Describe Luther's decision to marry.
5. What is the outcome of the Peasant War and how does Luther end up being viewed by the people?
6. What is the territorial inequity involving Catholics and Lutherans?
7. In what way is Luther the champion of the working class?
8. How does Bainton portray Luther's impact on marriage and the family?
9. What part do publications have in the first decade of the Reformation?
10. Describe the international impact of Martin Luther.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the Devil as Luther perceived him. In your essay, give your opinion about the existence of the Devil or whether it is a hold over from religious superstitions of the past.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the changing attitudes toward religion today. Mention the decline in traditional church attendance and the rise of mega churches. State your opinion on why attitudes toward religion tend to change with the times.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on your ideas about sin and salvation. Relate your opinions to those of Martin Luther who obsessed about doing enough good to stand justified before his God. Be specific on how your perception of sin differs from that of Luther.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)