|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Struggle for Faith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in Wittenberg during Luther's absence?
(a) a revolution
(b) a restitution
(c) a reformation
(d) a regulation
2. For whom are Luther's ninety-five theses intended?
(a) professional theologians
(b) university professors
(c) the Pope only
(d) the masses of the people
3. After surviving, what does Luther vow to do?
(a) say a novena
(b) do a pilgrimage to Jerusalem
(c) give all his money to the church
(d) join a monastery
4. Spiritually, what does Luther face in Wittenberg?
(a) a town full of heretics
(b) confrontation with the Devil
(c) a challenge to all he believes
(d) a variety of crises
5. What begins to be offered for contributions made on November first?
(a) prayers for the dead
(b) indulgences from the Pope
(c) a day of rest and prayer
(d) extra hours for confession
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther maintain about excommunication from the fellowship here on earth?
2. By 1527, what is the makeup of the whole electoral of Saxony?
3. How long are some of Luther's confessions?
4. Finally, what authority does the Cum Postquam bestow upon the Pope?
5. What does Luther deny in the debate?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)