|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Struggle for Faith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luther's position as he returns to Wittenberg?
(a) under the ban of both the Church and the State
(b) new advisor to Frederick the wise
(c) lector in the university
(d) director of public records
2. On what do Luther and Erasmus agree?
(a) The Church has become too big to manage.
(b) The Church must be preserved at all costs.
(c) The Church has become too legalistic.
(d) The Church is the only answer to humanism.
3. What happens in 1534?
(a) the complete translation of the entire Bible
(b) a retrial for Luther
(c) Luther becomes critically ill
(d) more books by Luther are burned
4. What law does Luther insist should be null?
(a) any law that puts people into slavery
(b) any law that has different criteria for different classes
(c) any demand that is contrary to the Word of God
(d) any law that favors the princes only
5. For whom does Luther contend complete remission of sins is granted?
(a) only to those who read the Bible
(b) only to those who obey the Pope
(c) only to those who fulfill all religious traditions
(d) only to those who show worthy confession
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Luther's family members greatly opposed his joining the monastery?
2. When is Luther awakened for morning prayers?
3. What boast do Luther's enemies make?
4. Which congregation does Luther choose to join?
5. What makes Luther a national figure?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)