|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Struggle for Faith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther see as man's greatest need?
(a) the need for work
(b) the need for plenty to eat
(c) the need for storng families
(d) the need for forgiveness
2. When are Luther's primary works delivered to the printer?
(a) during his trial
(b) Christmas of 1521
(c) late in 1522
(d) the summer of 1520
3. What are the criteria Luther upholds for identifying a true sacrament?
(a) directly instituted by Christ and distinctively Christian
(b) ordained by the Apostle Paul
(c) the number of years it has been ovserved
(d) the wishes of the people
4. How is Luther received at Heidelberg?
(a) as a heretic
(b) as an outcast
(c) as a guest of honor
(d) as a prisoner
5. What does Luther deny in the debate?
(a) the sin of disrupting the church
(b) the need to destroy the church
(c) the right to disagree with him
(d) the Divine origin of the papacy
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the Piazza Narona?
2. What is the effect of the cartoon showing Jesus washing the disciples' feet while the Pope has his foot kissed?
3. What begins to be offered for contributions made on November first?
4. What does Luther believe a congregation should have?
5. What do arguments arise over before the debate?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)