|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Church Territorial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the public opinion about Luther?
(a) It is divided.
(b) It is solidly for him.
(c) It is solidly against him.
(d) It is indifferent to him.
2. On what grounds does Luther say undecided questions should not be considered heresy?
(a) The doctrine of indulgences has not been debated.
(b) The doctrine of indulgences has not been declared officially.
(c) There is nothing in the Bible about indulgences.
(d) Everyone is entitled to his opinion.
3. Besides himself, what does Luther begin to question?
(a) the lives of the people
(b) the traditions of the Church
(c) the Pope and the Catholic Church
(d) the truth of the Bible
4. What does Luther deny in the debate?
(a) the sin of disrupting the church
(b) the Divine origin of the papacy
(c) the right to disagree with him
(d) the need to destroy the church
5. What does the Reformation call the issuance of indulgences?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides Luther at Wartburg Castle?
2. Regardless of one's calling, what does Luther insist all should have?
3. How does Luther describe the idea that the Pope can deliver souls from purgatory?
4. Who is the disruptive Humanist of Luther's day?
5. What does The Babylonian Captivity assert?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)