|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Onslaught.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hans Luther say his son should study to earn a living and not enter the monastery?
(a) because Hans is not a Catholic
(b) because Hans is ashamed to have his son beg
(c) because he is too young to know his own mind
(d) because he should honor his mother's and father's wishes
2. Where does Luther believe the answers for living a Christian life can be found?
(a) in the stars
(b) in the practice of good living
(c) in the edicts of the Pope
(d) in the Bible
3. What begins to be offered for contributions made on November first?
(a) a day of rest and prayer
(b) prayers for the dead
(c) extra hours for confession
(d) indulgences from the Pope
4. What does Luther say about his first year of monastic life?
(a) The work was easy.
(b) The cold was very difficult.
(c) The Devil is very quiet.
(d) The food was not enough.
5. What books of the Bible does Luther use for his first lectures?
(a) Proverbs, Mark, and Hebrews
(b) Geneses, I John, and Revelation
(c) Psalms, Romans, and Galatians
(d) Matthew, Acts, and II Corinthians
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two religious conditions of humanity taught to Luther all his life?
2. Where does Luther go after leaving Erfurt?
3. What does Luther attempt to do unsuccessfully?
4. How does Luther see the nature of man?
5. What is the purpose of confession?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)