|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Onslaught.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of confession?
(a) to admit all wrongdoing and seek absolution
(b) to get things off ones chest
(c) to keep people from becoming too proud
(d) to offer a chance to buy indulgences
2. How does Luther see the nature of man?
(a) as innocent
(b) as corrupt
(c) as ignorant
(d) as idle
3. What are indulgences intended for?
(a) the priviledge of skipping masses
(b) the reduction of time in purgatory
(c) the right to total absolution for a lifetime
(d) the ability to live sinlessly
4. What does Luther see as man's greatest need?
(a) the need for plenty to eat
(b) the need for work
(c) the need for storng families
(d) the need for forgiveness
5. What begins to be offered for contributions made on November first?
(a) a day of rest and prayer
(b) indulgences from the Pope
(c) extra hours for confession
(d) prayers for the dead
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Luther awakened for morning prayers?
2. After surviving, what does Luther vow to do?
3. What is Hans Luther's occupation?
4. How does Luther begin to see that salvation comes to man?
5. How does Luther fare as a novice in the monastery?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)