|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Artemis' mother?
2. In Book 2, Chapter 1, the author states that having a baby can trigger what?
3. What is the author's degree?
4. Why does the author choose to incorporate knowledge of the goddesses into her book?
5. According to the author, what is often misinterpreted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
2. What are the "animus" and inner goddess, as defined by the author in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
4. What did Artemis ask her father for?
5. What groups are the goddesses divided into?
6. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
7. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
8. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
9. What example does the author use to explain the difference in the archetypes?
10. What was Hestia's special privilege?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author states that the goddesses are a great reminder for modern women who are pressured to succeed. Do you agree that using the goddesses as a reminder can help to prevent workaholism? How does awareness of the goddess archetypes help women to develop better relationships with their families and take better care of themselves? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Outwardly, Athena and Artemis have a lot in common: both are virgin goddesses, both are wise, both are goddesses of the hunt. What is different about the two? What different qualities would manifest in women who identified with each goddess? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The author defines the concepts of "animus" and inner goddess. What is the difference between the two? How can awareness of each help women to better understand themselves? What are some examples of characteristics that relate to the animus and the inner goddess? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)