|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last thing Artemis requested from her father?
2. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
3. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
4. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. The patterns and qualities discussed in Book 2, Chapter 2, are part of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does the author use to explain the difference in the archetypes?
2. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
3. How are the three goddesses described in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
5. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
6. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
7. How does Book 2, Chapter 1, begin?
8. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
9. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
10. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the vulnerable goddesses. What are their defining characteristics? What do they all have in common? What makes them different from one another? Which types of women identify with each goddess? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Aphrodite is the only goddess with two chapters devoted to her. Why does the author devote so much time to Aphrodite? Why is Aphrodite considered to be one of the most important goddesses? What areas of a woman's life are affected by the influence of Aphrodite? Why is Aphrodite called the "Alchemical Goddess"? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Persephone and Demeter have a very strong and intimate bond between them. What does Demeter do to get Persephone back after she is kidnapped? How does the separation affect Demeter and Persephone? How would a relationship like theirs manifest itself in modern society? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)