|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author get her hypothesis for effective treatment?
2. How long had the author had her own mental health practice when she wrote the first edition of Goddesses in Everywoman?
3. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
4. Who is the author of Goddesses in Everywoman?
5. What type of mental health practitioner was the author?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
2. What example does the author use to explain the difference in the archetypes?
3. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
4. What did Artemis ask her father for?
5. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
6. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
7. How was Athena born?
8. What was Hestia's special privilege?
9. How does the author treat her patients?
10. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author chose seven ancient Grecian goddesses, and divided them into three categories. Why did she choose the goddesses she did? Do you agree with the way the goddesses are grouped together? Why or why not? Are there any goddesses that were not included, which you feel should have been included? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Aphrodite is the only goddess with two chapters devoted to her. Why does the author devote so much time to Aphrodite? Why is Aphrodite considered to be one of the most important goddesses? What areas of a woman's life are affected by the influence of Aphrodite? Why is Aphrodite called the "Alchemical Goddess"? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the virgin goddesses. What are their defining characteristics? What do they all have in common? What makes them different from one another? Which types of women identify with each goddess? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)