|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the author use for forces of self?
2. According to the author, what should be considered for a healthy relationship?
3. Who was Artemis' father?
4. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
5. What is the author's degree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author treat her patients?
2. What was Hestia's special privilege?
3. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
5. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
6. How are the three goddesses described in Book 2, Chapter 3?
7. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
8. The author of Goddesses in Everywoman is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
9. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
10. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goddesses in Everywoman is, obviously, written for women. What would change about the lessons contained in the book if it were geared toward men? What portions of the book are specifically for women, and could not be altered to suit men? Why? If the book were written for men, what gods might be used? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The "circle of fear" is an obstacle for many women who have difficulty forming and maintaining relationships. What is the "circle of fear"? How does it affect women's ability to have relationships? Why is vulnerability a necessity for a healthy relationship? How can women begin to overcome this cycle? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the virgin goddesses. What are their defining characteristics? What do they all have in common? What makes them different from one another? Which types of women identify with each goddess? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)