Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
2. How many goddesses are in the third group?
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
5. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
2. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
3. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
4. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
5. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
6. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
7. The author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i> is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
8. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
9. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
10. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
Women have many different roles is modern society - worker, mother, wife, daughter, etc. Which of the goddesses are most closely associated with each of these roles? How can the goddess archetypes help women to better handle these roles? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Persephone and Demeter have a very strong and intimate bond between them. What does Demeter do to get Persephone back after she is kidnapped? How does the separation affect Demeter and Persephone? How would a relationship like theirs manifest itself in modern society? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Aphrodite is the only goddess with two chapters devoted to her. Why does the author devote so much time to Aphrodite? Why is Aphrodite considered to be one of the most important goddesses? What areas of a woman's life are affected by the influence of Aphrodite? Why is Aphrodite called the "Alchemical Goddess"? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)