|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Athena typically wear?
2. How many of Artemis' wishes did her father grant?
3. How many books did the author write before this one?
4. How long had the author had her own mental health practice when she wrote the first edition of Goddesses in Everywoman?
5. What is the first of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
2. What example does the author use to explain the difference in the archetypes?
3. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
4. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
5. What did Aphrodite do to Hestia?
6. The author of Goddesses in Everywoman is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
7. What did Artemis ask her father for?
8. What sort of relationship did Artemis have with her mother?
9. What example does the author use in Book 2, Chapter 1, to support her statement about the maternal instinct?
10. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the virgin goddesses. What are their defining characteristics? What do they all have in common? What makes them different from one another? Which types of women identify with each goddess? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The author states that the goddesses are a great reminder for modern women who are pressured to succeed. Do you agree that using the goddesses as a reminder can help to prevent workaholism? How does awareness of the goddess archetypes help women to develop better relationships with their families and take better care of themselves? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Women have many different roles is modern society - worker, mother, wife, daughter, etc. Which of the goddesses are most closely associated with each of these roles? How can the goddess archetypes help women to better handle these roles? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)