|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last thing Artemis requested from her father?
2. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
3. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
4. What is the author's degree?
5. According to the author, what should be considered for a healthy relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Book 2, Chapter 1, begin?
2. What are the "animus" and inner goddess, as defined by the author in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
4. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
5. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
6. What constitutes the nature of a heroine?
7. What recommendations does the author make for avoiding and overcoming depression?
8. What is the "circle of fear"?
9. What is the chief characteristic of the vulnerable goddesses?
10. What was Hestia's special privilege?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author points out that the maternal instinct can be triggered by one's own baby and by other women's babies; however, it is also possible to give birth to a baby and not feel maternal affection. How is the maternal instinct triggered? Is there a difference between the way a woman feels about another woman's baby and the way she feels about her own? Why don't some women have that instinct with their biological children? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Through therapy, the author says that women can become more aware of the inner and outer forces, of self and society, which both help and hinder them. What are the internal forces? What are the external ones? Which forces have a greater effect? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The author chose seven ancient Grecian goddesses, and divided them into three categories. Why did she choose the goddesses she did? Do you agree with the way the goddesses are grouped together? Why or why not? Are there any goddesses that were not included, which you feel should have been included? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,813 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)