|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
2. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
3. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
4. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
5. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
2. How does the author treat her patients?
3. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
4. The author of Goddesses in Everywoman is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
5. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
6. What did Aphrodite do to Hestia?
7. What did Artemis ask her father for?
8. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
9. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
10. What sort of relationship did Artemis have with her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author states that therapy is a means of self-care and empowerment for women. Do you agree? What skills do women learn in therapy that enable them to better care for themselves? Is there any other way for them to learn these skills? Are there any circumstances in which therapy doesn't help? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Artemis displays a rather constant preference for females, while Athena is almost always in the company of men or boys. Why is this so? What is the difference in the ways the two goddesses relate to men? What do they have in common? What information can we gather about the personalities of the two goddesses as a result of their relationships with men? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Persephone and Demeter have a very strong and intimate bond between them. What does Demeter do to get Persephone back after she is kidnapped? How does the separation affect Demeter and Persephone? How would a relationship like theirs manifest itself in modern society? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)