Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
2. How many goddesses are in the third group?
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
5. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
2. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
3. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
4. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
5. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
6. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
7. The author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i> is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
8. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
9. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
10. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
The author states that she uses the power of mythical figures because it helps her achieve better results with her patients. How do you think she deals with her patients who don't believe in these mythical figures? Are there any lessons learned, via the goddesses, that could also be learned without them? Why haven't more psychologists utilized Bolen's technique? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Jung claimed that there were active and inactive archetypes that were part of the atmosphere and part of nothing at the same time. How did Jung develop his hypothesis? What is the difference between the two varieties of archetypes? What are some examples of active and inactive archetypes? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
The "circle of fear" is an obstacle for many women who have difficulty forming and maintaining relationships. What is the "circle of fear"? How does it affect women's ability to have relationships? Why is vulnerability a necessity for a healthy relationship? How can women begin to overcome this cycle? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)