|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
2. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
3. How did the assistant help with Athena's birth?
4. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
5. What is the first of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
2. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
3. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
4. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
6. What goddesses does the author use for the archetypes in the book?
7. What example does the author use in Book 2, Chapter 1, to support her statement about the maternal instinct?
8. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
9. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
10. What was Hestia's special privilege?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author recommends that women develop an "internal committee" of goddesses. How is this helpful? What can women learn through this activity? What are the various ways in which this internal committee can manifest itself? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The author states that she uses the power of mythical figures because it helps her achieve better results with her patients. How do you think she deals with her patients who don't believe in these mythical figures? Are there any lessons learned, via the goddesses, that could also be learned without them? Why haven't more psychologists utilized Bolen's technique? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Persephone and Demeter have a very strong and intimate bond between them. What does Demeter do to get Persephone back after she is kidnapped? How does the separation affect Demeter and Persephone? How would a relationship like theirs manifest itself in modern society? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)