Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
2. How many goddesses are in the third group?
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
5. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
2. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
3. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
4. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
5. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
6. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
7. The author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i> is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
8. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
9. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
10. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
Essay Topic 1
Artemis displays a rather constant preference for females, while Athena is almost always in the company of men or boys. Why is this so? What is the difference in the ways the two goddesses relate to men? What do they have in common? What information can we gather about the personalities of the two goddesses as a result of their relationships with men? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The author chose seven ancient Grecian goddesses, and divided them into three categories. Why did she choose the goddesses she did? Do you agree with the way the goddesses are grouped together? Why or why not? Are there any goddesses that were not included, which you feel should have been included? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The author defines the concepts of "animus" and inner goddess. What is the difference between the two? How can awareness of each help women to better understand themselves? What are some examples of characteristics that relate to the animus and the inner goddess? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,852 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)